andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,078 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm taking over for Orange, since he no longer offers this service

Buyer Protection Service!

Would you like to inspect your own marker? Want to avoid additional shipping costs of a middle man in the third party process? Most of all want to avoid the extra time? Well I can do a holding for you, this is basically a reverse third party. Basically what is happening is you will send ME the money for the gun, at which point I will tell the seller that I have received the funds. The seller will then send the gun out and when the buyer receives it and confirms it is in good working condition I will then send the money as a GIFT. Everyone wins, no extra time for shipping, and you're going to be safe.

Here is how the process will work.

Step 1

The buyer of the marker will forward me the cost of the marker plus $20 for the fee for the holdings service. This money will be sent as a Gift, this way I won't have to pay fees on the full amount of a markerl. So if you are buying a $300 marker you would send me $320 to cover the cost of the service.

Step 2

Seller is contacted and informed I'm holding the funds. The seller then ships out the product.

Step 3

Buyer receives product and inspects it, once he confirms it is fine I will forward the money to the seller as a gift so he gets his cash, nobody has to worry about being scammed, and best of all the seller doesn't pay any fees. This service pays for itself when selling most markers considering you're safe WITHOUT paying the fees on the sale, this is basically a free third party service because of this system.

For this I will only do the holding if the seller ships with tracking, insurance and signature confirmation, this will avoid.

"The gun never got here! HE SCAMMED ME!"
- it has signature confirmation, you need to sign as proof it arrived.

"The gun is leaking and a paperweight"
- I'm holding your money it's safe, if he won't pay return shipping too bad for him. Return shipping money will be sent to me, I'll tell you it's with me and you send it back. I will then refund the cost the gun, and send you the money for the return shipping.

"The gun got lost in the mail and never arrived"
- You got a tracking number so you have an idea of where it got lost and if it isn't found you have insurance to cover the cost of the gun.

Your money will ALWAYS be safe and will not leave my hands until you have inspected and confirmed your new product. You won't have to wait longer for your marker because of it having to be shipped twice (seller to third party, third party to buyer) Just seller to buyer, money is sent to seller. Basically you both now have the benefits of "Shipping first". Yes the seller will have to wait until the package arrives to receive the funds but in the US shipping can take as little as 2 days. Not long to wait if you made the sale BECAUSE the buyer felt safe.

If you have any questions at all PM me and I can explain further =)

NOTE: With this method PayPal charges 1% for money to be sent as a gift, when I forward the money to the seller, it will be the seller who covers this fee. Though it is much better than paying 3% for a normal sale of course.

============================================================================

Third Party Services for Trades or Purchases where I inspect the marker

Why would you want a third party in a deal?

Safety - Never get scammed, simple, you will not lose 1 penny or one product to a scammer EVER, everything will be confirmed by myself before any money or products change hands. It may cost a few more dollars to do a third party, but $15 is little price to pay for peace of mind and ensuring you don't lose a marker worth hundreds of dollars.

Repair Costs - Never get stuck having to not only pay for the repairs on a product you receive again, but you'll never have to deal with the hassle again. I don't even know how many people I've seen miss a tournament or a day of play because they were counting on a marker to be working and it arrives needing repairs. If there is ANY issues with a product I receive I will contact you and help mediate what to do from there, if you no longer want it, that's fine it will be returned to the seller at their cost. I reserve the right for a buyer to call off the deal for any reason if the product is not as described to the word by the seller. I will also assist in negotiation of a new price if there is damage to a product.

Confirmation - You will never open a box to a surprise, this will prevent you from receiving a product which the other party has lied about it's condition or just failed to mention damage done to it, you will get what you are paying for everytime.

Reputation - Dealing with me your reputation will be secure everytime, there is no worries that the other person will break the item and claim it arrived like that. It only takes one person to smear your reputation with negative feedback which down the road could cost you many sales.

Parents - They may allow you to buy or trade online, however if you are scammed once not only have you lost money or your items but your parents may not allow you to conduct BST or even purchases from reputable websites again. On top of that if they won't allow you to conduct trade at all online, this may be the ticket to them allowing you to, PM me I'm always willing to make a phone call to talk to parents.

Packaging - I will ensure that the product you receive will be packaged correctly when it leaves my hands, if I think your product may be damaged in shipping I will repackage it at the cost of the sender.

Feedback - I will leave feedback in your feedback threads confirming what kind of seller you are, if you're a good seller what better boost to your reputation as a seller can you get than a trusted Moderator complimenting you as a seller.

Bonuses - I always do my best to include some free little extras in any package I ship, and this will go for ones going through me in 3rd party deals.

Note - Zephyr Paintball was kind enough to donate some wicked swag for you lucky TechPB'ers, and extra special items for you lovely Player's Club members =), while supplies last of course.

Process

First thing is first, what will I do for the customers, I will act as a third party for products being sold or traded in the US or products leaving US to Canada, or products coming into the US from the Canada. If international shipping outside of the US and Canada is taking place please PM me for more info. I will do basic and full inspections, the description of each along with costs are below. All prices are in USD regardless of where you live.

I will catalog arrivals and departures of all items including dates and times for both parties to view. All packages I send out to the final location will be insured and tracked with USPS and should arrive within 7 business days. All packages will be insured with no exceptions and the cost covered by the custom. If you want faster shipping options you will be responsible for that cost.

Prices

For packages with multiple items full price of the higher cost item will be charged along with $2.50 per item accompanies with it. For example, here is a break down as if someone sent a Vice, Rotor and tank and wanted the full inspection:

Bob Long Vice full inspection - $35.00
Dye Rotor - $2.50
Ninja 68/4500 tank - $2.50

Total cost - $40.00
Customers cover all shipping.

What I will do for products I receive.

Markers

Basic Inspection ($20 per gun)

-Ensure all declared contents of the sale are in the package.
-Ensure that packaging is up to par to properly protect the product, if not I will repackage it properly and charge the seller an additional fee for doing so.
-If damage/wear that was not documented in the ad is present I will photograph it and post the pictures for the seller and buyer to view and decide what course of action they will take.

Full Inspection ($35 per gun)

-Video record the unboxing, inspect the item on camera so you can see first hand it's condition, as well as record a shooting video and post it on YouTube for you to view.
-Ensure all declared contents of the sale are in the package.
-Ensure that packaging is up to par to properly protect the product, if not I will repackage it properly and charge the seller an additional fee for doing so.
-Air it up and check for any leaks, if there are any note where I believe them to be coming from and the severity and report to buyer/seller.
-Shoot 1 pod of paint through the marker to ensure it's working (Not reballs).
-Check to see that the eyes work, turn marker on and put finger in the breech and see if the noid clicks, remove finger and see if it still fires.
-I will not be putting the markers over a chrono, I don't own one right now and live too far away from anywhere that does to drive out there to do it. I will be buying one eventually however.
-If damage/wear that was not documented in the ad is present I will photograph it and post the pictures for the seller and buyer to view and decide what course of action they will take.

Loaders

Basic Inspection ($10.00 per loader)

-Turn it on to see if it works.
-Catalog any wear or damage on the loader and compare to declared in the ad.
-Inspect it as best I can in respect to damage to wiring/electonics without disassembling it.

Full Inspection ($15.00 per loader)

-Video record the unboxing, inspect the item on camera so you can see first hand it's condition, as well as record a shooting video and post it on YouTube for you to view.
-Turn it on to see if it works, and do some drop tests.
-Place it on my marker and put some paint through it.
-Catalog any wear or damage on the loader and compare to declared in the ad.
-Inspect it as best I can in respect to damage to wiring/electonics without disassembling it.

Masks ($7.50 per mask)

-Check condition, check for scratches on the lens.
-Compare product with description in ad and report to buyer.

Tanks ($15.00 per tank) No basic is available, tanks are potentially dangerous and I want to test them properly before passing them on.

-Inspect for damage and compare to declared in ad.
-Air it up and use it to put a few balls through your marker.
-Check for area stamps and hydro dates.
-Check tank threads ensure they're in good condition.

Soft Goods ($7.50 per item)

-Check condition compared to declared in ad.

Additional Costs

-I will apply an additional cost of $5 to the seller if their packaging is subpar and I need to repackage the item. This of course will be reported to the buyer and they will be informed if I believe any damage has resulted from improper packaging.

-Return shipping, if an item is damaged or not working properly and the buyer no longer wants the product then the seller will be responsible for both paying the full third party service flat fee as well as the return shipping. The item will NOT be shipped back until return shipping is paid and I have received it and can verify it's in my paypal account.

Turn Around Time

Once I receive the item I will have it shipped out again within 2-3 business days to it's final destination.

Contact with Buyers and Sellers

To report the condition of products to the buyers and sellers I will post up my findings in my stickied Third Party thread including pictures if I deem it necessary or they are requested. I will also be willing to contact the parties by Skype or email if necessary.

Payment

The package will be shipped to me from the previous owner at his own cost whether it be out of his pocket or included in his price and paid by the buyer.

From my hands to being shipped to the final destination it will be paid by the buyer and will not be shipped out until the payment is made. If the additional repackaging cost is applied it will be paid by the seller since he/she was the one who didn't package it properly and I will make a note in their feedback thread about the packaging. If the seller refuses to pay the additional repackaging cost they will have it noted in their feedback and face a potential ban.

Ideally I would like to receive all funds from the buyer, it will make it easier to get one payment rather than two. The buyer is to pay the seller before he pays me the third party fee. If there is ever an issue with me receiving funds I have the item, and I will hold them until I receive payment.

Payment Methods

I will accept PayPal or Money Order shipped INSIDE the package. If a product is being paid by Money Order I need the money order in the seller's name shipped to me so I can confirm it and mail it to the seller when I mail out your package. If the transaction is done by PayPal the buyer can pay once I confirm the package, I will not ship out the package until the seller confirms they're received payment.

Shipping from Canada to the US and Customs

If there is a charge applied by Customs then the Buyer MUST cover this cost. The cost applied by Customs, though not ALWAYS applied is the sales tax on the product as well as handling fees applied when crossing the border. If this charge is applied I will notify the buyer before I pay the amount at the Post Office, if I have to leave it at the Post Office for a day or so while I get a hold of the buyer I will do so. If the buyer refuses to cover the cost of the customs charges I will allow for the package to be returned to sender.

No Debate Policy:

By dealing with me you have acknowledged that I am trusted by both parties. I put my reputation on the line as well as my feedback and if you are dealing with me I highly recommend that you leave feedback about your dealings with me in my BST Feedback thread. Given that you are coming to me for the security of your transaction you are acknowledging that what I declare in my findings to be true and just and that items are as described when I receive them. IE if I receive an item and state that it is broken then it is broken, it got to me in that condition and "Well it worked when I shipped it out" doesn't fly. If you shipped out a product not working properly that is your problem and you will not pass the buck onto me or the buyer. If the item was damaged in the mail it may be partially or entirely your fault for not packaging it properly and you should be sure to insure ALL packages being sent out incase it is lost or damaged in the mail.

By dealing with me you are putting your trust into me and I will be responsible for NO COSTS WHATSOEVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. The worst these products will go through is the firing of 1 pod of paint, if it cannot perform this without error the product should not have been sold. What I say goes and if you are not comfortable dealing with each other, or dealing with me then you should not be conducting BST on the internet.

No Repair Policy:

I will not risk doing more damage to a product attempting to fix it. I will under no circumstance perform repairs on any product regardless of how simple the repair may be. A buyer may not want a product repaired by me and I do not wish to get into the business of marker or any other paintball related repairs.

By dealing with me you have agreed to all of these terms.

Security:

You can deal with me in confidence, I am a TechPB Moderator, I'm one phone call away from TechPB staff. I am also PayPal verified and a TechPB Player's Club Member. I am 25 years old, I'm mature and professional and will take the utmost care of your products and I'm doing all I can to protect your hard earned dollars in doing this.

TechPB Feedback thread

Edited by andrewthewookie, 29 June 2013 - 10:54 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users