• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 charming243

charming243

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

I started playing paintball about a month ago i go to my local field and play with the rental equipment. Now i think i am ready to buy my own equipment/gun. I was looking at some beginer electric guns and i founf the proto rail, GOG extcy, GOG envy and then i also found the azodin kaos. Since im joining my locall paintball team that plays mostly woodsball but some speedball what gun do you think i should get. Also what are some masks for the price, ive looked at some v force ones. And i also need a good hopper.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

The Vforce Profiler and Grillz are awesome masks but try all the masks you can on first before buying.  Make sure you get an HPA tank and loader before an electric marker as well.  I would highly suggest the eXTCy if you play mostly woodsball.

#3 EP1CxCLASSY

EP1CxCLASSY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yeah definitely get a real high quality mask first. You must try them on! You cant just find a good deal online and say oh it will work. I personally use the V force grillz because they fit me and because they are designed so if you wear glasses you can wear them really comfortably. If that is your case I would check those out. I would have to say it is a tossup for me. With gog extcy because if you are a fairly new player the maintenance on it is extremely low. since you cant service the reg, and its just really durable for your woodsball games. I would also look at the PMR selling for 250 same as the extcy. backed by a great company and you get some real high quality parts with it as well. Hyper 3 reg and a good asa. Whichever one you choose make sure you hold both of them see what its comforitable and see how it points etc. Your shop should walk you through it.

Hope this helps.

#4 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

The eXTCY will be a good choice for you. People say to get an eXTCY if you play mostly woodsball and some speedball. Well, I use that gun for everything. I play tons of all genres and it keeps up.

Stay away from azodin guns. They have bad quality issues.

I have a Proflex, best mask out there if you ask me.

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

#5 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

I would say the eXTCy.  Beause will work great in woodsball or speedball.  But it has a great mood to go from semi to burst to full auto with a push of a button.  Great for woodsball.

#6 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Used axe will be better than any new low end marker. Axes shoot better than some $1000+ markers
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#7 Paintballer108

Paintballer108

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

If you are planning on playing both woodsball and speedball, then it may be a good idea to get a marker with multiple firing modes. One good one in the mid $300 range, a Tippmann Crossover could work.

Paintball is the brotherhood where anything can be achieved.

#8 pbhippo

pbhippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

The eXTCY will be a good choice for you. People say to get an eXTCY if you play mostly woodsball and some speedball. Well, I use that gun for everything. I play tons of all genres and it keeps up.

Lol how Does Azodin have bad quality issues O_o.

A used axe or really any used mid end would suit you fine. My favorite masks are the e flex and proflex hahaha. My favorite hopper is z2 but thats mostly preference because spire/rotor are both great hoppers. Heck even the pinokio would suit you fine.

Also btw any gun you can use for speedball you can also use for woodsball. Just saying :D

Edited by pbhippo, 08 September 2013 - 12:25 AM.

Loadout:

Mask: Eflex

Markers:G6r/ Protege/ Nt10/ Azodin Kaos Pump LE/ Invert Mini/ Dangerous Power g4/ Proto slg 09

Tank: SLP Ninja 68/45

Hopper: Empire Prophecy

#9 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Obviously you have never worn I4s

#10 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Obviously you've never heard of personal preference.

#11 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Obviously you have never worn I4s

I4s are pretty small. I'm glad I tried them on before I bought them. I had to pass and got e flexes instead.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#12 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

If you are planning on playing both woodsball and speedball, then it may be a good idea to get a marker with multiple firing modes. One good one in the mid $300 range, a Tippmann Crossover could work.

Switching modes is not needed at all in woodsball. All you'll need is semi.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users