12 replies to this topic

#1 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

i was changing my text color in chat and i accidentally miss clicked and typed a single sentence in a shade of grey that was very hard to read. i immediately changed the color to a dark orange that was easy to see and after typing in a couple other lines i got banned. seriously? that just seems like abuse of power.

(i saw that gif andrew...)

Edited by fumbimo, 02 July 2013 - 07:25 PM.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#2 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

You were on a short leash considering it was your first day back and then you tried to BST through PM's earlier today. It doesn't matter if it was an accident or not, you were lucky you weren't banned then. 

Since you said you weren't aware that forum and chat rules weren't the same, take this time and read them. I'll be nice enough to include the link. I'll even put the link in big letters so you can't miss it. 

Here

#3 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

You were on a short leash considering it was your first day back and then you tried to BST through PM's earlier today. It doesn't matter if it was an accident or not, you were lucky you weren't banned then. 

Since you said you weren't aware that forum and chat rules weren't the same, take this time and read them. I'll be nice enough to include the link. I'll even put the link in big letters so you can't miss it. 

Here

i did read them and stated it was a miss click. after the bst thing through pm which i do admit i should have known, i typed one line and as soon as i realized the color i had ACCIDENTALLY chosen i switched it.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#4 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well since you're using the BST right now for your Ego, then you should have known that PMing isn't allowed, as per Rule 3.

You may not communicate about the deal through PM's, email or any other means of communication.

Chat is another means of communication, you would get a warn increase if it was outside the chat, consider being banned a form of warning. 

Remember to vote for me as best worst mod.

Edited by Morgan-Crp, 02 July 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#5 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well since you're using the BST right now for your Ego, then you should have known that PMing isn't allowed, as per Rule 3.

You may not communicate about the deal through PM's, email or any other means of communication.

Chat is another means of communication, you would get a warn increase if it was outside the chat, consider being banned a form of warning. 

Remember to vote for me as best worst mod.

your right. i should have known. and andrewthewookie gave me a warning about that and i stopped and i appreciate the fact that he gave me a warning instead of a ban. but banning me because of something else which i did as an accident and i corrected myself immediately on is completely unfair. then justifying it by saying you are being banned for something that you were already given a warning for by a different mod in my opinion is also unfair.

58pk.jpg

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Just because I gave you a warning doesn't suddenly mean you have a clean slate for later. If you weren't trying to BST earlier, the color issue wouldn't even be a problem by itself. However, it was the culmination of your lack of discipline, behavior, and attitude in the chat that led us to decide that you didn't learn your lesson from your previous ban.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#7 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just because I gave you a warning doesn't suddenly mean you have a clean slate for later. If you weren't trying to BST earlier, the color issue wouldn't even be a problem by itself. However, it was the culmination of your lack of discipline, behavior, and attitude in the chat that led us to decide that you didn't learn your lesson from your previous ban.

of course it doesn't mean a clean slate. now of course i don't want to be banned and i do want to participate in this paintball community in an acceptable manor. so can you please clarify specifically what caused my ban, specific examples of things i said or did besides the BST thing, that i understand. but if the final decision in my ban was my accidentally picking a hard to read color then no, i do not think i am deserving of this ban.

Edited by fumbimo, 02 July 2013 - 08:16 PM.

58pk.jpg

#8 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

can i be unbanned please.

58pk.jpg

#9 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

You were one day off your previous ban when you were banned again. Ultimately, it's up to OEF when your ban is up; just know that it will be another week, at the very least.

Fear is the mind-killer

#10 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

okay, just out of curiosity what exactly is OEF's role in the techpb staff?

58pk.jpg

#11 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

He is the chat administrator, and has ultimate say in anything chat related.

Fear is the mind-killer

#12 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

He is the chat administrator, and has ultimate say in anything chat related.

good to know, thanks

58pk.jpg

#13 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

OEF, when will i be unbanned from chat?

58pk.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users