Photo

Virtue spire vs Empire Prophecy Z2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Z2 vs spire (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Which should I blow $130+ on?

1. Prophecy Z2 (2 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Spire (12 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

I've finally saved up enough for a super loader, & I've come stuck between the z2 & the spire. I'm leaning more towards the spire right now, but I've been hearing about some reliability issues. Any advice helps.
I am a raccoon.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

Someone can try to come up with an advantage the Z2 has but I sure as hell can't think of one.  Other than being cheaper that is obviously.

#3 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Other then being cheaper, you can manually feed paintballs with a Z2 using the rip drive... Handy in case your loader fails on you (rarely) during the middle of a game. I would also say that the Z2's feedneck is a bit stronger then the Spire just because it is thicker but don't take my word for it... Testing should be done to examine the durability of feednecks.

Everything else the Spire works better... Easier disassembly, feeds better, does not jam, speedfeed does not accidentally pop open during play, and a true 200 capacity. Did I miss anything?

I happen to own both, btw. ^_^

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

The ripdrive is a good point although you shouldnt let your loader go down on you. Of course when it happens its not like you had a choice and its always something worse than just the batteries going out.

#5 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

I love my z2 and buy the z2 would save u $30-$70 bucks depending on your color choice

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#6 jhm99

jhm99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Spire beats the z2 and rotor in every possible category you would want from a hopper.

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Spire beats the z2 and rotor in every possible category you would want from a hopper.

After using the Rotor and Spire I will say the Rotor tends to have the paint go toward the drive cone better because of its placement, and the ramp in the Rotor actually works.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 03 July 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#8 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Buy a ROTOR now, or waste your money on something else before you buy a ROTOR....

The Z2 is a pain in the ass to take apart and the shell seems fragile. It does have a nice low profile and does not jam, but wait until you get shot in the speed-loader and have the clean it as the field.

Now it is EVERYONR I know that uses a Spire has had the nubs break off. Now I am sure Virture will fix it, as they are a good company, but what will be next thing that will go wrong? Let them get the bugs out, then maybe ?????? 

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Buy a ROTOR now, or waste your money on something else before you buy a ROTOR....

The Z2 is a pain in the ass to take apart and the shell seems fragile. It does have a nice low profile and does not jam, but wait until you get shot in the speed-loader and have the clean it as the field.

Now it is EVERYONR I know that uses a Spire has had the nubs break off. Now I am sure Virture will fix it, as they are a good company, but what will be next thing that will go wrong? Let them get the bugs out, then maybe ?????? 

This is totally avoidable by the user.

#10 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

I like the rotor the most but between these two, the spire has my vote
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#11 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

I own both and like both for different reasons.

The Z2 is a very reliable loader.  It has never jammed on me in the 2 years Ive had it.  Ive been using the same set of lithium batteries for over a year (I take them out when Im done playing).  Its only real downfall is that it has more components then any of the other superloaders on the market.  You will never need to break it down further than taking off the front shell to change batteries or wipe out the loader.  Taking it apart any more then that can be challening because the pieces fit together in a certain way due to the tight tolerances in the loader.  Any issues can easily be resolved by KEEs outstanding CS.

The Spire is a great loader.  Never had any issues at all from the Spire.  It has been jam-free since day 1 and Ive shot some pretty aweful paint thru it.  It feeds exceptionally well and consistently.  Battery life is awesome and pretty comparable to the Rotor.  Durability is right up there with the Rotor.  It is simpler than the Rotor seeing as it comes apart in only 3 pieces.  Has some adjustability in the settings but there really isnt any need to change any of them.  Its only downfall is the price as it is more expensive than the Z2.  But well worth the price because of performance alone.  Not to mention Virtue has awesome CS. 

Edited by xmagman, 09 July 2013 - 01:20 AM.

-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users