• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 CreedPB

CreedPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Just wondering what the general opinions of other are on which loader is the best and why.

#2 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Out of these I like the spire, but I would recommend the z2 because it is much cheaper (especially if you get white or digi-cam) and unjams itself I dont like the rotor because it cant shoot paint under .684 bore and the pinokio is to big of a profile for me

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#3 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Buy a ROTOR now or waste your money on something before you buy a ROTOR.

It is now EVERYONE I know has a Spire has had the soft rubber paddles break off or crack.

The Z2 is harder to take apart and the plastic shell feels really cheap.

Rotor work well with most good quality paint, they do need to have the tension set correctly - very easy to do, just back the allen screw to fush - takes 2 minutes including disassembly and reassembly of the ROTOR.

Really, the Spire may get to be a good hopper, Virtue is a good company, they just need to work out the bugs...let them get them worked out before you spend your money on one.

Good Luck! 

Edited by David A., 06 July 2013 - 08:02 AM.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Spire > All

Use good batteries and have the settings at what they're supposed to be at and you won't have any issues.

#5 CreedPB

CreedPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

It is now EVERYONE I who has a Spire has had the soft rubber paddles break off or crack.

Rotor work well with most good quality paint, they do need to have the tension set correctly - very easy to do, just back the allen screw to fush - takes 2 minutes including disassembly and reassembly of the ROTOR.

Really, the Spire may get to be a good hopper, Virtue is a good company, they just need to work out the bugs...let them get them worked out before you spend your money on one.

Good Luck! 

I've actually already got a Rotor and I love it. I was just wondering what the community thinks.

#6 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

It is now EVERYONE I who has a Spire has had the soft rubber paddles break off or crack.

Good Luck! 

While the rubber paddles breaking off was one of my concerns when i first saw the spire, you are the first one i have heard that complaint from. Sure, the rubber paddles should not break in the first place, but if i'm not mistaken Virtue will replace them for free.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 04 July 2013 - 03:03 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#7 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Speedball= rotor>spire>z2>pinokio
Woodsball= z2>pinokio>spire>rotor

I say get a rotor... I have all of these loaders and I like my rotor the best
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#8 spoolienerd

spoolienerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

If you decide to get a rotor, save your money and get the 2012 model. It's the same thing as the 2013 model except it has different colors and is $50 cheaper http://www.ansgear.c...erbluecloth.htm

#9 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

Spire > Pinokio> Rotor > Z2

Posted Image

#10 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

Spire>Z2>Rotor>>Pinokio

-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#11 jhm99

jhm99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

The spire is the best hopper on the market. Beats
the rotor and prophecy in weight, battery efficiency ball capacity, and jamming. Not to mention It can shoot reeballs without jamming like the rotor and prophecy.

#12 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

I keep reading/hearing about how badly the Rotor jams. The only time my rotor has ever jammed was when I played in the rain without my hard lid. The paint swelled and was sticking together. No loader is going to function with clumped up, swollen paint.

#13 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

I keep reading/hearing about how badly the Rotor jams. The only time my rotor has ever jammed was when I played in the rain without my hard lid. The paint swelled and was sticking together. No loader is going to function with clumped up, swollen paint.

The rotor is fine on paint over 0.684 bore but under that and when paint is lightly oblong is when you start to jam

DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

People dont clean their Rotor, dont use fresh batteries and have the wrong tension settigs and then bitch when it jams. Its like wow, youre really surprised that when you neglect your loader to that extent it malfunctions?

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 09 July 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#15 Bill_B

Bill_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

The rotor is fine on paint over 0.684 bore but under that and when paint is lightly oblong is when you start to jam

Went to my local store to chrono my gun, the paint was matching a disruptive balance barrel .678 back.

Ramped, shot in semi, no jams.

#16 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

Spire=rotor. Never used a pinokio or z2.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#17 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

Save your time and buy a rotor. Spire is ok. The z2 is not all that great, my friends' broke a d it feels cheap. Can't comment on the pinokio.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#18 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Went to my local store to chrono my gun, the paint was matching a disruptive balance barrel .678 back.

Ramped, shot in semi, no jams.
At least from my experiences that's what has happened

DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#19 Bill_B

Bill_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Valid that not every rotor or paintballs have the exact same scenarios.

#20 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Good Luck! 

I've actually already got a Rotor and I love it. I was just wondering what the community thinks.

Rotors jam a shit-ton

Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users