• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CreedPB

CreedPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hey everyone. I'm on a D5 team that's been losing consistently. That could be because it's everyone on the team's first year of playing tournament paintball. Regardless, we picked up a new player to fill my spot as Dorito backup. That frees me up to pretty much do what I want. I've watched tons of tournament paintball and have found out that if the snake player can get to S3/S4 they can pretty much rip apart a whole team. I'm great at diving and crawling quickly. I think it's obvious by now that I want to play snake. Any tips for a new snake player?

I'm running an Empire Mini, Dye Rotor, 68/4500 Empire CF Tank, and Dye i4s. If there are any changes I can make to my gear to improve my snake game at practice and tournaments, let me know.

#2 Jujubeaz

Jujubeaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

You need to build an extremely trusting and communicative relationship with your corner/back player.  Also PSP Chicago (I'm assuming thats the tournament you have watched most recently) was a very aggressive field for the snake side, you probably won't be able to make it into snake 3 off the break and rip the other team apart like Danny Park or Federov on more conservative fields.  A snake player usually is most effective by making it into snake 2 and surviving there, because they can generally draw 2 or even 3 guns on them, freeing up the rest of your team to make moves.  You need to communicate constantly because a lot of the time you will have your face in the dirt, so make sure you know what is happening.  If you have a mirror or the opposing corner is still alive you need to constantly watch the tape.  By far the most valuable asset for a snake player is his coach on the sideline, and if that is not allowed, your corner is your best friend.  

#3 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214364

come on dude, this is on the first page and asking the exact same question

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic