14 replies to this topic

#1 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Are these decent for summer? i want a pair of pants to hold the place down for my JT's come september. I only slide on dirt/well maintainted grass. I want light, breathable pants. Buying them tomorrow likely for saturdays team game

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#2 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

i own them, they are nice. They are breathable but, they don't offer any kind of protection really.

#3 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

Eh i dont need protection. Do they hold up well enough that they will survive more than two or three outings?

#4 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

well i have the pants and they're not too bad granted they are $40 pads but have nice knee protection

#5 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

Eh i dont need protection. Do they hold up well enough that they will survive more than two or three outings?

Since you play on soft grass...totally. I played with them around 10 times and they still look brand new. Just don't expect them to last forever.If they rip from a gritty slide dont be surprised.

#6 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

I had those for 2 weeks in 3 days of play they tore beyond repair and I play on nice turf! I have the valken crusade 2012 (some of Boston legion uses the tron blue version) and I love them! Plus I got them for a steal at my pro shop for $40 because they are from last year

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#7 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

I had those for 2 weeks in 3 days of play they tore beyond repair and I play on nice turf! I have the valken crusade 2012 (some of Boston legion uses the tron blue version) and I love them! Plus I got them for a steal at my pro shop for $40 because they are from last year

Well I guess maybe i got a good pair or you got a bad pair. like I said don't be surprised if they rip. you get what you pay for.

#8 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm heading off to my shop later today with 40 bucks so here's to hoping i can grab a good pair

#9 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'm heading off to my shop later today with 40 bucks so here's to hoping i can grab a good pair

Just look at multiple pairs and their stiching. I melt all the loose fibers anyway

#10 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

They only had one in olive and in XL so i have to hope mine do well. i will be retiring them in september for some JT FX pants so they wont be torn up too badly

#11 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Eh I don't like them at all.. They feel and look cheap, and they do absolutely nothing that paintball pants should. They have no protection, they won't hold your pack up that well, etc. I say skip them and use a pair of thicker snowboarding pants. Snowboarding pants are thick so it will be almost like padding, and they will be extremely durable as well as cheap
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#12 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Eh I don't like them at all.. They feel and look cheap, and they do absolutely nothing that paintball pants should. They have no protection, they won't hold your pack up that well, etc. I say skip them and use a pair of thicker snowboarding pants. Snowboarding pants are thick so it will be almost like padding, and they will be extremely durable as well as cheap

Snow boarding pants suck. They are made to be water proof and keep you warm. I had some snowboarding pants and played with them before they dont breath and you overheat extremely fast.

#13 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

I used em today and I loved them. Light, Breathable, very good knee padding and crotch padding, and they didnt rip or show any signs of wear. Also i play in florida, so snowboarding pants are not something i would ever use

#14 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

I used em today and I loved them. Light, Breathable, very good knee padding and crotch padding, and they didnt rip or show any signs of wear. Also i play in florida, so snowboarding pants are not something i would ever use

I used snowboarding pants in New York during the fall so they worked absolutely fine, I haven't tried them in the summer though
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#15 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

I used snowboarding pants in New York during the fall so they worked absolutely fine, I haven't tried them in the summer though

in the summer you would probably have a nice sauna in your pants.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users