• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Both of these are coming from the same guy. My choices are a CCM T2 86 With a full barrel kit for 650, one of the inserts being stuck on. Or a Halfblocked Karni pump with every aftermarket CCM you can get other then a AKA valve. This has a 45 frame and hogue wrap around grips, and because I don't have any decent pump barrels also including a dw fibur with an aluminum 693 for 710.

https://fbcdn-sphoto...938240177_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...743100749_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...110724172_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...428425834_n.jpg

Thanks alot guys!

DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

Cyan Star Framed Etek 1 F/S/T

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

i'd get the T2, it's a full blown CCM and therefore it will pretty much be better in every way. besides, IMO half-blocked Karnivores lose all of their sexiness. 

New found pumper,
Set-up: Black/gold E2 Karnivor, Dye rotor, Guerrilla air 68/4500, CP 14" .685, Black/Gold Dye I4's, Dye core pads, Venomwear, Etek3 LT. Orange 2k5 superstock, CCM'd
Proud Canadian citizen

#3 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

i'd get the T2, it's a full blown CCM and therefore it will pretty much be better in every way. besides, IMO half-blocked Karnivores lose all of their sexiness. 

Exactly how I felt too. Still open to suggestions though.

DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

#4 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

T2, but for how much he's asking you could just buy a new one.

Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#5 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

T2, but for how much he's asking you could just buy a new one.

CCM has a CP ASA and a full barrel kit, would it still be worth buying one new?

DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

The CP ASA ruins the look of it and barrels really don't matter. Also its a sin to pump a Karni so thats a no go.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

for those prices, you could get a brand new ccm, with your choice of colors.

#8 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

The only place I could order one is from Pinnacle which would be 675 for the gun, not including the barrel kit.

DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

#9 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

The only place I could order one is from Pinnacle which would be 675 for the gun, not including the barrel kit.

why not order from CCM?

New found pumper,
Set-up: Black/gold E2 Karnivor, Dye rotor, Guerrilla air 68/4500, CP 14" .685, Black/Gold Dye I4's, Dye core pads, Venomwear, Etek3 LT. Orange 2k5 superstock, CCM'd
Proud Canadian citizen

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Those are both overpriced... :/

#11 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

I would go t2, on a side note, the ccm customer service is amazing.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#12 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Get the T2, it is a great marker. I have two and could not be happier with the design, quality and the outstanding customer service.

The Karnie may be a good marker, but it is old, heavy, extra-large and who knows how it has been treated or put together.

The T2 is far more efficient and much, much lighter, easy to service and get parts, there is a whole CCM community on M. Carter Brown, and a lot of instructional videos to help you service and maintain your CCM .

Buy new - a LIFETIME Warrentee for thw original owner- for $650 you can get a custom order to your own colors, frame (45 or 86), , etc...You can order it without a barrel if you like and get a Deadlywind Fibur.

To order contact Melissa (Mel) toll free, she is more than happy to answer any CCM related questions, just give her a call! CCM: 1-877-412-6850

Really, Get the T2 and give Mel a call.

Good Luck!

Edited by David A., 05 July 2013 - 07:59 PM.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#13 MKVIGTI

MKVIGTI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

I just ordered a T2 it cost 694 and change shipping and tax included. No barrel kit just one insert. For $650 used, i eould call mel and order a new one you get to make it all your own

Edited by MKVIGTI, 05 July 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#14 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

The CP ASA ruins the look of it and barrels really don't matter. Also its a sin to pump a Karni so thats a no go.

Its a sin to half block it. Pumping it allows it to ascend to an even higher level of greatness.

#15 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Its a sin to half block it. Pumping it allows it to ascend to an even higher level of greatness.

no, pumping a Karni is a sin.

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#16 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Half Block autocockers are sin. pumping them is a sin. Autocockers that arent electro or mechanical are sin. there's a reason the name is AUTOcocker

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#17 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Half Block autocockers are sin. pumping them is a sin. Autocockers that arent electro or mechanical are sin. there's a reason the name is AUTOcocker

what..

that's half the point of an autococker. and you know pumps came before autocockers, right? there was a pump kit on there before a set of pneumatics. there are a select few cockers that are a sin to pump.

Edited by LUXOR54, 05 July 2013 - 08:31 PM.

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#18 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

I know paintball history and all that so i know exactly what i'm saying. It's an autococker for a reason, to AUTO COCK (thats what she said) if you want a pump, get a kaos pump, Sanchez Machine, CCM, whatever. dont pump an autococker

#19 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

I know paintball history and all that so i know exactly what i'm saying. It's an autococker for a reason, to AUTO COCK (thats what she said) if you want a pump, get a kaos pump, Sanchez Machine, CCM, whatever. dont pump an autococker

if it wasn't meant to be pumped, it wouldn't accept a pump kit. what i'm saying is that all cockers are, are pumps that do the pumping for you. they all pretty much started out that way. you obviously don't know what you're talking about because that's half the appeal of a cocker. it can do two things. don't be telling people to not pump a cocker because that's half the point. and why would i get a kaos pump when i could get a 2k5 Superstock cocker with a CCM pump kit?

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#20 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

that's like saying it's a sin to have a manual car because there is an automatic version of it. 

#21 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

if it wasn't meant to be pumped, it wouldn't accept a pump kit. what i'm saying is that all cockers are, are pumps that do the pumping for you. they all pretty much started out that way. you obviously don't know what you're talking about because that's half the appeal of a cocker. it can do two things. don't be telling people to not pump a cocker because that's half the point. and why would i get a kaos pump when i could get a 2k5 Superstock cocker with a CCM pump kit?

Jesus do you know what an opinion is?

that's like saying it's a sin to have a manual car because there is an automatic version of it. 

No because ford doesnt sell their cars as automustang or autof-150. 

#22 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

your opinion is wrong. Op I would go for a new T2.

#23 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

By you're logic the AKP is also a sin because its a spump.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#24 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

it doesn't matter what your opinion is if it's dead wrong. brush up on the history of paintball, then develop and opinion that's worth a damn. there's a difference between fact and opinion.

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

No because ford doesnt sell their cars as automustang or autof-150. 

Last I checked a direct command is not an opinion.

OP, CCM > all when it comes to pumps.  If you have this kind of money go with CCM; accept no substitutes.

#26 Manch Vegas Baller

Manch Vegas Baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

it doesn't matter what your opinion is if it's dead wrong. brush up on the history of paintball, then develop and opinion that's worth a damn. there's a difference between fact and opinion.
This x1000.

Current set up
Gun:LE PDD Axe
Loader:V3 Rotor
Tank:Ninja 45/45
Axe FS/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222591

#27 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

Anyways, I still say get the T2, or buy one new to fit your needs.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#28 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

Have you ever looked into a mirror and told yourself that you are wrong? You should do that now.

plz-stop-post.jpg

#29 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

Funny you say the kaos pump since they basically pumped the kaos for that. And by your stupid logic you're basically saying if someone meched or ebladed a t2 and reverted into a pump again they have sinned or whatever since they pumped a mech/electro.

Like fuck man do you like you set yourself to get ripped on? Use a mental filter please
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#30 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

If you're going new, why settle for a hideous T2? Why not get a beautiful S6, or S6.5?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#31 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

If you're going new, why settle for a hideous T2? Why not get a beautiful S6, or S6.5?

J12 would be my pick

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#32 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

The problem is, I live in Canada and I have to account for the 13% tax and the seller is also trying to tell me there is some sort of import tax. Can somebody verify this, seeing as Mel won't respond until monday?

DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

#33 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Is the azodin kaos sold as an autokaos? nope. Spumps are cool actually. And i'm not saying pumping a cocker is worse than half blocking a cocker. that should be illegal. I've never seen a half block that looks anywhere near as good as a full block. But honestly, unless the pump is a CCM, sniper pump, or Sanchez, fuck it and get a phantom/trracer/sterling/*other generic nelson*. Much better performance i'd say. 

#34 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

T2 and buy and a 45 frame with the extra money

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#35 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

The problem is, I live in Canada and I have to account for the 13% tax and the seller is also trying to tell me there is some sort of import tax. Can somebody verify this, seeing as Mel won't respond until monday?

Anybody who isn't complaining about halfblocked pumps?

DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

#36 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Is the azodin kaos sold as an autokaos? nope. Spumps are cool actually. And i'm not saying pumping a cocker is worse than half blocking a cocker. that should be illegal. I've never seen a half block that looks anywhere near as good as a full block. But honestly, unless the pump is a CCM, sniper pump, or Sanchez, fuck it and get a phantom/trracer/sterling/*other generic nelson*. Much better performance i'd say. 

A rose by another name would smell as sweet, this is the most utterly moronic argument I've ever read.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 06 July 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#37 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Guys please set aside this bickering and "help a brotha out" ;~;

DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

#38 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Holy shit you went full potato.  All those pumps you claimed are worth it, run off the autococker design.  And you claimed a phantom and traccer have better performance than a high end pump like a CCM?  Please, get off the internet.

Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#39 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Guys please :'(

DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

#40 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Best person to ask is Mel, or another person in Canada who has very recently bought a CCM marker.

Also the best person to buy a CCM marker from is CCM directly, unless buying used.

Edited by OEFVeteran, 06 July 2013 - 08:09 PM.
oops

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#41 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

they will both perform exactly the same... a CCM is no beter quality wise then a karni... anyone who tells you otherwise doesnt know shit...

so, get the one you like the looks of the best

after combing throught his thread... ya'll are cocker/pump dumbasses....

pumping a cocker doesnt permanently alter the gun in any way... meaning, as long as you keep the factory parts, it can be converted... hell, i'd pump my old DC2 if i still had it... right now, i've got an aftershock team gen4 SFL... its been pumped... still have all the factory parts... 

as for the karni... first, they look better all cut up... there is nothing special about a karnivor, it was a massed produced gun from WGP that failed... there is a reason WGP went under, the quality dropped on their products... so, cut up and pump a karni all you want....

as for teh history of cockers... they started as pumps, the debate is between Palmers and Bud Orr (WGP) as to who made the first electro... WGP but a pneumatics kit on the front of a sniper to make it an auto cocking pump... hense the name autococker... its not a sin to pump a cocker, as long as you keep the factory parts....

to the OP, snipers pretty much all perform the same, a CCM wont shoot any smoother or more efficient then an empire sniper, or a custom built pump from a stock cocker body... a CCM costs so much because its a made to order pump... you contact CCM with exactly what you want, they make it to your order... the empire sniper is much cheaper becuase its a mass produced pump, you dont have much of a choice in what options you get with it, aside from color...

if you want something personal, either get the CCM you like, or build your own.... if you want a no frills pump, get an empire sniper...

Edited by OEFVeteran, 06 July 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#42 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Holy shit you went full potato.  All those pumps you claimed are worth it, run off the autococker design.  And you claimed a phantom and traccer have better performance than a high end pump like a CCM?  Please, get off the internet.

No i didnt say a nelson is better than a CCM. I said that unless its one of those high end cocker based pumps, its not worth it. This is from my experience using my brothers Lightning pump. I didnt like it at all. By much better performance i meant a phantom will be a shitton better than, say, a prostock with a generic ANS pump kit. Know what i mean? CCM a cocker and its a CCM in my opinion. If its a CCM on the inside, its pretty much a CCM in a different body. But hey, feel free to judge me as you always seem to do here

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 06 July 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#43 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

No i didnt say a nelson is better than a CCM. I said that unless its one of those high end cocker based pumps, its not worth it. This is from my experience using my brothers Lightning pump. I didnt like it at all

how is it not worth it? all cockers and cocker pumps are pretty damn near internally identical. 

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#44 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

When i toyed with the empire sniper in my proshop it was so much better than my brothers gun it's not even funny. Sexy trigger, amazing comfort, and a nice, light action

#45 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

When i toyed with the empire sniper in my proshop it was so much better than my brothers gun it's not even funny. Sexy trigger, amazing comfort, and a nice, light action

have you felt a true blood CCMs action? it makes the sniper feel like shit. 

doesn't mean other cocker pumps are crap. if they're lubed, and set-up properly they're quiet as fuck and orgasmic.

New found pumper,
Proud Canadian citizen

#46 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

As i said before ive never messed with a CCM. 

#47 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

let me say this, I have an almost full ccm'd cocker, and an empire sniper. If I take the return spring off my ccm'd cocker, I can almost get the gun to cock itself just by pointing the barrel upwards. I can get it to cock itself by giving it a pretty good rock. Now go try that with an empire sniper. Not going to happen.

#48 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

Sounds unpleasant to be honest. But as ive said before ive never touched a CCM so I'd have to play with one before i make any definite opinions about one

#49 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

Not unpleasant in the slightest. It's amazing.

#50 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Keep in mind now, I'm hated on this forum for my differing opinions. Maybe I like the empires stroke better. I guess I'll have to find out though

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users