• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Thesaint258

Thesaint258

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

i wont to become a sniper in woods ball and i need a ghillie suit what type do you recommend?? and also i heard that it is hard to use a scope in paintball should i just save my money.

#2 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

How long have you been playing paintball? I guessing not very. I recommend getting a setup you are comfortable with, and working on basic skills before "specializing" in this way.

But if you really want to know, here is is:

1. Ghillie suits are hot, and you get bounces all the time. Because of that some, fields force you to call yourself out on hits and not breaks. Is it necessary to own one in order to make long range shots? No, not at all.

2. If you are really dead set on diving right into this line of thought (which i don't recommend for someone so new) there is only one thing that can help you. First strike rounds.(link:http://www.tiberiusa...rike-paintball/) Aside from the flatline/apex barrels this is the one of the best ways to extend your range.

But let me reiterate....I don't think you will benefit from a ghillie suit at all.

naimadamian.png

#3 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Ghillie suits only work in big scenario games where you have the time to creep up on people and the distance for it to be effective. Human eye works on movement, at 100ft you will be picked out just as easy as someone wearing a normal jersey, at your local field all you will end up doing is sitting at the back of the field not really contributing. 

Also paintball snipers don't exist outside of First Strike rounds, seeing as all guns shoot equally as far and accurate, and guns are far too inaccurate to take advantage of any form of sight.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#4 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Oh god quit chewing my leg!

gray-wolf-closeup.jpg

naimadamian.png

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

I think you are trolling but I guess I will just go with it.

There are no such things as 'snipers' in paintball because after a certain range paintballs will not break because they are traveling at such a low velocity and that is assuming you can even hit anyone.

Just look at any ghillie suits online that fits your native surroundings. The point of a ghillie suit is to break up the body's 'natural lines' to make it harder for others to see your outline.

It is hard to use scopes in paintball because paintballs are never ball on ball accurate and because paintballs dip much sooner than you expect and they just drop out of your sight.

Save your money, don't upgrade any low end markers and every single barrel besides a flatline or an apex is not worth buying.

#6 Thesaint258

Thesaint258

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

oh ok thx guys that was very helpful thx

#7 Thesaint258

Thesaint258

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

and what is trolling??

#8 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

http://www.urbandict...p?term=trolling

You must be new to the internet

#9 Thesaint258

Thesaint258

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

what makes you think iam trolling??

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Scopes are useless in paintball unless you have first strikes and really know how to set-up your rig.

I would recommend just playing paintball until you have a better feel for the game/sport.  I think you will quickly realize that there are more (and IMO just as, if not more fun) ways of shooting people than "being a sniper" despite how glorified it is in video games/movies.

Real "sniping" isn't something paintball or really anything else can duplicate because it is so far out there that you would never want to recreate it if you or I really knew what it is like.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

Wow I'm late to the show. Just....everything that playdoh and jurzy said.
But I actually dont think this kid is trolling. As a newbie, I've been stalking his posts to save others from his advice, or at least making sure it's decently helpful so another newbie doesn't get advice from just ONE source, especially one so new. He seems new to both internet social gatherings, such as forums and Youtube comments, and the sport of paintball.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Everyone else already helped but I will give my input.

I play woodsball, scenario, and have friends who own ghille suits, so I know where you are coming from.  In paintball there are no such things as snipers, the paintballs only travel a short distance and only break at a certain speed.  That means that a $50 used Spyder shoots the same range as a decked out U.S. Army Tippmann with an 18 inch barrel (barrel length does nothing too.)

Ghille suits are useless, they are extra weight and make you a bigger target.  Realistically speaking, you will not get as suit the same shade of green as your woodsball field.

Scopes, sights, lasers, etc are also useless.  Paintballs drop drastically, its just not practical to use a scope or sight.  Not only that, but have you tried aiming down with a mask on?  This is the very reason that most markers don't include sights.  What most people do is fire a shot and adjust your aim accordingly, kind of like tracer rounds through a mini gun of some sort.

Video below is for educational references and not the fact it is bad ass.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=juUJdzFFORs

#13 Thesaint258

Thesaint258

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

ohhh

#14 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ghillie suits are hot. I have a Spec Ops Action Ghillie II and while its not nearly as hot as a burlap suit it still holds the heat in. 

Scopes aren't terribly useful in paintball. A small red dot or a holographic sight would be much more useful than any kind of scope. You could use them Semi-effectively at close range (Think Phantom Ghost ring) but at distances further than say 30 yards they wont be much use. I'v found that if you actually use your marker without fiddling with it too much that you'll be able to tell where your balls are going to go. 

Save your money bud. 

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#15 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

Look into first strike rounds.... MAKE SURE YOUR FIELD ALLOWS THEM FIRST!!

Everything else is explained here.

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

#16 jeremyj68

jeremyj68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

maybe the new lapco rifled barrel would help to hit people from a distance

#17 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

no.

New found pumper,
Set-up: Black/gold E2 Karnivor, Dye rotor, Guerrilla air 68/4500, CP 14" .685, Black/Gold Dye I4's, Dye core pads, Venomwear, Etek3 LT. Orange 2k5 superstock, CCM'd
Proud Canadian citizen

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

Well, the ones meant for the first strikes will help when shooting first strikes, but rifled barrels do not work with paintball. The fact that the projectile is a gelatin ball filled with uneven amounts of liquid, in which the gelatin shell has enough variables in flight pattern, size, not to mention the fact that it would probably either rip to shreds with the rifling or not affect the rifling at all. Trust us, punksworks has debunked rifling for normal paintballs.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#19 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

Well, the ones meant for the first strikes will help when shooting first strikes, but rifled barrels do not work with [normal] paintball. The fact that the projectile is a gelatin ball filled with uneven amounts of liquid, in which the gelatin shell has enough variables in flight pattern, size, not to mention the fact that it would probably either rip to shreds with the rifling or not affect the rifling at all. Trust us, punksworks has debunked rifling for normal paintballs.

you beat me to it :c OC the true sniper. 

everyone before me with the exception is this guy ^ are right. becoming a paintbullet snipz0r is not all that fun, nor does it actually work with paintbulletz. everyone seems to be hung up on the whole snipers are cool because it only takes one shot type deal. they never think about the boring and tiring parts like sitting in a fucking spot for what seems like days and days waiting on a little bambi to come to you with his marker down and him grazing on grass giving you a chance to shoot him.

Lulzjustacat.png

#20 your_colourful_elimination

your_colourful_elimination

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

[/quote]... snipers are cool because it only takes one shot type deal. they never think about the boring and tiring parts like sitting in a fucking spot for what seems like days and days waiting on a little bambi to come to you with his marker down and him grazing on grass giving you a chance to shoot him.[/quote]

- I agree. Bring the enemy to ground of your choosing (Sun Tzu, Napoleon, Guderian).

Lots to agree as already stated, but:

STOP saying sniper. We are 'ambush hunters' at best :P

Edited by your_colourful_elimination, 30 September 2013 - 09:33 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users