• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ivabigm

ivabigm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

what do you guys think of this idea? I think it is a great idea!

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Gmore70 is now Social Paintball famous!

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think it would benefit the sport a ton if a field would offer a really small clinic type instruction every Sunday or Early Saturday Morning.  

Paintball doesn't need to be Taught by ONLY professional players, like Lang, Federov, Cuba etc..  Any one Divisional local team could Teach a new player a thing or two about positioning, snapping, etc.. I really wouldn't see a down fall on at least getting a local team to teach it. 

#4 Snake Doctor78

Snake Doctor78

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Yeah I think that what he says in the video makes since to me.  I had seen it awhile ago and think it is a good way to look at the sport in general. 

#5 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

i agree with what he said, except the hope of getting into the Olympics part. but what could they tech you in a lesson? like he said it's pretty much point and shoot. and most fields already have safety walkthroughs or instructional videos for newer players before they are allowed on the field. me and my friends made it into the sport perfectly fine without this. granted, our parents are supportive. but i don't see how lessons would ease a parents views. sure, the kid now knows what he's doing. but the sport hasn't changed, you're still getting shot at. their biggest concern is usually the chance of being injured. whether is be by getting shot, slipping, falling etc. if you know the rules and how to play you're still going to get shot, and probably fall every once in a while. 

i agree that if we give off a friendlier vibe we will eventually become more mainstream. but there's also a problem that comes with that. noobs that are immature and think they're top shit just because of their wallet. i know these people that look down on you because of your crap, while they have amazing stuff but can't play for shit. same for any sport that requires equipment. i work at a driving range and countless people pull up in a corvette, or a BMW. pull out a full 14 of Callaway  clubs, matching bag and head covers. strut up to the mat trying to look cool, then proceed to duff the living shit out of every ball in that basket. some even look at the club head after because they think something is wrong with it. yet still proceed to look down on me just because i'm wearing a beer shirt and camo shorts hitting clubs that are years old, but i can drill it. thank god that's not always the case, but it's a 50/50 

/Rant

I think it would benefit the sport a ton if a field would offer a really small clinic type instruction every Sunday or Early Saturday Morning.  

Paintball doesn't need to be Taught by ONLY professional players, like Lang, Federov, Cuba etc..  Any one Divisional local team could Teach a new player a thing or two about positioning, snapping, etc.. I really wouldn't see a down fall on at least getting a local team to teach it. 

this. i would even volunteer to teach kids at my field, i'm not the best player ever. but i'm definitely not horrific. 

Macdev Clone GT, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Lol we kinda do a clinic. Whenever after games, a few of the players from local teams, including me, get the rest of the group we're playing with to stay on the field so we teach them basics, and some tricks we learned. Nothing formal, but it's a start.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

gmore where you at? You're famous now!

BTW he posted this awhile back and got the same discussion results.

Edited by Panda's Revenge, 08 July 2013 - 01:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users