17 replies to this topic

#1 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Do you think GoG/ Smart Parts will try and get back into the mid to high end market? or are they content with sticking to entry level guns?

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

If they don't release a shocker ill be hella pissed

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

We'll see. I'd buy a new Shocker, for sure. Assuming they don't make the same mistakes again.

Edited by Cj R, 08 July 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#4 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Release an 09 NXT @ $450 and it would outsell the axe easily.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#5 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

I want a re done 09 impulse. 

#6 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Does this presume that the Luxe does not count as GoG's luxury brand line?

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#7 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

I think so. With the success that they have had with the eXTCY they would probably get a mid-highend marker out on the market. But i wouldnt expect one till next year with the eNMY's release. 

If they do, i would jump alll over dat.

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Luxe and Gog are two separate entities. The success of the Luxe doesn't really mean anything for Gog, other than there may still be interest in a Shocker based gun. If they managed to do a mid-range shocker that could compete with the Axe/Rail/Drone/etc, I think they could be quite successful. Having a "true" balanced spool in that price range would be awesome.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

I want a re done 09 impulse.

Agreed. The JT Imp doesn't count.

Luxe and Gog are two separate entities. The success of the Luxe doesn't really mean anything for Gog, other than there may still be interest in a Shocker based gun. If they managed to do a mid-range shocker that could compete with the Axe/Rail/Drone/etc, I think they could be quite successful. Having a "true" balanced spool in that price range would be awesome.

I also agree with this. I have a feeling that something like that may be in the works. I feel that they have been selling low end guns to build up money or whatever, and then possibly get back into mid and high end guns. Hopefully.

#10 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

I also agree with this. I have a feeling that something like that may be in the works. I feel that they have been selling low end guns to build up money or whatever, and then possibly get back into mid and high end guns. Hopefully.

Like you said, Hopefully.

GoG is having a lot of problems with the enmy leaking. Almost everyone at my field had leaking problems in them. So as soon as they find out what is causing that, fix it, and make sure all there customers are happy again. Then we might see some progress on a new marker.

Nobody really knows how long this could take, or if it will take anytime at all. But after GoG Came out with the eXTCY, then the eNMY right after that, i don't see them rushing to get a new marker out there for us.

I expect to see another 6-10 month wait... Maybe by Christmas time at the soonest. 

GoG has truly made an awesome name for themselves with the eXTCY, and there tech. I have found working with GoG is probably the most easy going out of a good percentage of them. And with a little more money to work with, there designers could make a hell of an amazing gun.

And with all the hate GoG gets for them being just another Smart Parts, i hope they come out with a gun that smacks all the other competition right out of the way.

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I wouldn't consider them as separate entities in any way other than marketing.

#12 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Are you sure? Pretty sure they are actually two separate companies, especially after Smart Parts went under.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 July 2013 - 08:43 PM.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#13 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

From Gog's website:

United States Distribution by
GOG Paintball USA
100 Station Street
Loyalhanna, PA 15661
(724) 520 8690

From Luxe's website:

Service Center Pennsylvania

DLX Technologies

100 Station Street

Loyalhanna, PA 15661

If you pull their business licenses in the state of PA, they both say Gardner.  

#14 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

So when SP stopped being SP and Gog was created, they kept the same business relationship as before? It makes sense that they're still in the same locations, but I'm wondering about whether or not Gog and DLX are still technically related the same way SP and DLX were related.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#15 pingo597

pingo597

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

If they don't release a shocker ill be hella pissed

#16 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

So when SP stopped being SP and Gog was created, they kept the same business relationship as before? It makes sense that they're still in the same locations, but I'm wondering about whether or not Gog and DLX are still technically related the same way SP and DLX were related.

If it's the same individuals involved, the same physical location, same websites, and near enough the same equipment being sold, why would you wonder if they were related differently?  The only observable change to the business structure is that the Gardners reincorporated the business in Costa Rica where they are not subject to the same legal liability as in PA.

Back to the topic, I'm curious if the reason they can't make another shocker for a few years is because they no longer have the intellectual property to make one (patent I mean, Daryl is certainly capable).  GOG may also be waiting for their own patent to expire.

#17 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Going back through all the old Smart Parts threads, and looking at some of the filings, DLX was never listed as an asset or related company when they filed for chapter 7 liquidation, so there was a definite split at some point before SP went under. With Gog being started up as a new company it's certainly possible that DLX and Gog entered into a new agreement or partnership, however there were/are no ties between Gog and DLX that I can see.

Plus, I'm seeing statements that Custom Products is involved with DLX now, supposedly manufacturing the guns (which doesn't really mean anything by itself), but CP reps are answering DLX tech questions and sending out parts directly from CP (which, again, doesn't mean much, just throwing that out there).

As for the same locations, that's not evidence of anything. As I mentioned before, it makes sense that they're all still at the same locations as when DLX was started by SP. If they didn't own the locations listed, then there was nothing forcing them to leave as long as they kept paying rent, so them still being at the same location means nothing in terms of business relationships.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#18 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Many of the assets are obscure, such as $327,000 for USED EQUIPMENT and $285,000 for "used equipment".  There's certainly no asset listing for Ion or Vibe, either.  DLX Account Receivables are in the bankruptcy filing, though.  Imagine that Smart Parts, at bankruptcy time, was still trying to collect on bills outstanding for DLX distributors.  A clearer picture of their relationship I don't think I can paint.

They could be separate entities, in so much as Frank Connell owns both Vanguard Paintball and the New England Avalanche as separate entities.  I don't want to dredge up history on this topic (again), but let's not ignore that just a few years ago and prior to the bankruptcy, Smart Parts was pretending they were distinct entities when the location was still the same, the web server was the same, the employees were the same, etc just like now.  And then there was that big blow up in 2008 when it came out they were lying about having a wall of division regarding Audrey.  To say that they will behave differently, or run differently, or sell a Shocker to compete with their Luxe, and stop lying about being separate entities, is too credulous for my tastes.

Again, coming back to the point of the topic, there's lots of motives for Smart Parts or GOG to put distance between themselves and DLX. However, the simplest and most likely answer to whether GOG will ever sell a Shocker is that they already are and it is called the Luxe 2.0.

EDIT: Spelling is not my friend.

Edited by unfated33, 09 July 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GoG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)