44 replies to this topic

#1 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Fuck all of you gear obsessed assholes that ruin this forum all most of you incompetent bastards care about is "whats the best gun for $300. Not oh hey lets actually fucking play paintball. Is it honestly that hard to actually talk about playing paintball instead off all the pointless shit you guys think you need to play it. The whole reason I play paintball is to kill a sunday or two a month with some friends and have a good time doing it. These 12 year olds think mommy and daddy are going to pay their way into tourny ball and they will become Ollie Lang with the right gear. NO NEVER NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. 

All this obsession over gear is turning you all into asshats, you have childish superiority complexes and think because you can quote what "Punkworks" tested with "Science and math and bullshit" you are superior than everyone else. If someone wants to spend money on a new barrel let em. Who gives a fuck they are not spending your money. You are not the shepherds of paintball. In the end none of that shit matters as long as at the end of the day they are out shooting their friends. I play with whatever the fuck I can get my hands on at any given time and it makes no difference to me.

So enough with the superiority complexes enough with your fucking science this is paintball who gives a rats ass.about science and of all things PAINTBALL. You take this shit way to seriously. Show up have fun you are not getting paid to do this. Nobody cares if you are the best fucking paintballer ever. All that matters is that you have fun and gear has fucking nothing to do with it. So get over yourself you stuck up 15 year old bastards you are not cool or important. 

Anyone else feel the same way? 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#2 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'll agree to an extent.  Nothing said after this is fact, just my opinion.

I like shooting nice things.  They don't make me any better, but they make my playing experience more enjoyable.

Pads matter because they keep you protected.  Cleats will almost certainly improve your game.  After you stop worrying over your footing, you're less worried over making that bump because you may slip in the open.  That said, if you're only going to camp in the back, they will make no difference.

Pants are useful, but far from necessary.  A good pair of beater pants and you're set.  That said, after I got pants, I was far more confident in my slides.

That said, if someone asks "What's the best $300 gun," we'd be remiss in our duties if we didn't suggest good choices.

Edited by Dogg3, 08 July 2013 - 08:50 PM.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#3 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

39530583.jpg

i feel exactly the same way. pump, cocker, mech, or electro. i'm just out there to have a good time. i don't need people putting my shit down because it isn't the best. i worked my ass off for it and just because their mommy and daddy have a fat wallet doesn't give them the right to give me lip.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#4 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

I work a full time job right now. I could go out and Buy an LV1 an Insight a Luxe and a CCM but I dont because its not necessary. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#5 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

agreed

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Gear whoring has nothing to do with punkworks.  I'm not really getting how using one of the ONLY sources of actual proof about accuracy in paintball is a problem.  I for one am going to do everything I can to keep convincing people that barrels, markers, magic charm bracelets, w.e. don't affect accuracy.  I don't give a flying FUCK what gun they shoot but when people ask for a suggestion I'm going to give it to them, because that's what this forum is for: answering the questions that have been asked and answered countless times before if doing so will inform and potentially be a benefit to a fellow paintball player.

If it is between someone buying better paint, pads, etc. or a fancy new barrel then I'm going to provide them with the information they need to make an informed decision and the evidence that supports my side.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 08 July 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#7 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Spoiler

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#8 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

If people are going to buy shitty stuff you stop them. They are here for advice on gear and I'm sure if they put up a thread wanting to compare guns and you just said 'lolplaythegame' it wouldn't go too well. That said the more you play paintball the more you realise its not at all about what you are shooting but just about the game itself.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#9 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I agree that you can have fun playing with any gear that works. I wonder if it's realistic to ask people to stop talking about paintball technology on a forum called "Tech" PB.

Edited by Old Dude PB, 08 July 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

There's really only so much to talk about concerning skills and tactics too.  It's not like a change of 10 ft. on the length of a PSP regulation field can spawn that much discussion, whereas a marker with a new valve or some crazy looking new mask or whatever is a much more exciting subject given not everyone on the fourm plays the same genre of paintball or is at the same skill level.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 08 July 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#11 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

Long story short.

Arm Chair Ninjas are worse than Trolls.

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

There's really only so much to talk about concerning skills and tactics too.  It's not like a change of 10 ft. on the length of a PSP regulation field can spawn that much discussion, whereas a marker with a new valve or some crazy looking new mask or whatever is a much more exciting subject given not everyone on the fourm plays the same genre of paintball or is at the same skill level.

Because who the hell cares about 'professional' paintball?

#13 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

The people playing 'professional' paintball?

OP: Sure gear will not make you a better player, and some people overly obsess with what they shoot etc, but this is a forum. Like BurningPlaydoh said, if someone asks for suggestions on the "best" marker in their price range I'm going to try and help that person out by giving my opinion and experiences.

Also, I'm getting the "fuck you for helping people" vibe

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 08 July 2013 - 11:39 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#14 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

I agree to an extent. People who act like experts, when they only quote somebody else, is annoying. Experts are those who experience things firsthand and learn, not those who simply read through old threads more. If you have to act like an expert, you aren't one, and it's not your place to pass yourself off as one.

On the other hand, all of us were new at some point. None of us have been knowledgable about paintball forever, and most of us haven't for a long period of time. I do know for a fact that if I have something constructive to add (i.e. something I have experienced firsthand), you can bet your ass I'll be there to help.

And thats my problem. If you don't know, shut your mouth. Don't post there. If you disagree with what somebody bought, shut up about it. Nobody cares, and you look like an ass for saying it.

Think about it this way. You just bought something you had to save up a long time for, and it feels fucking awesome that you finally got it. You are so excited that you have to tell somebody, but nobody you know gives a fuck about paintball. You go on the forums, only to have some shithead who doesn't even know what he's looking at, telling you you're an idiot for making that purchase. Do you know how much that would suck? I'll tell you, it fucking sucks.

When I started, I didn't have any real advice given to me whatsoever. And what did I do? I made dumb decisions that put me in a position where I ended up taking a break from paintball for about 2 years. Do you know what I would have given to have some good ass advice to keep me in the game? Fuck, some good advice would have been awesome.

But, advice is just that. Advice. If somebody wants to buy a Spyder, and they do not want to save up for something used because they don't trust used guns, fine. Let them buy what they want. Nobody wants to be left second guessing themselves, or be led to believe that they wasted their money. Don't make it your mission to change somebody.

And to those people who post up those threads. Most of the people here have good intentions, some may be kinda dumb, but I feel that they are there to help. And then there are people who know their shit who are also trying to help. Listen to them a little, they've made the mistake you are about to make. I'm not saying to do what they say, but genuinely LISTEN to them. At the very least you will probably learn something out of it, and that's always a good thing.

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Me, but it's hard to when it seems >75% of the people here are just starting to play or play outlaw/rec/scenario ball.  If someone makes some threads to discuss competitive play you'll see me there for sure.  I'm just too lazy to make anything like that myself TBH.

#16 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

BigX, thank you for finally saying this, you got balls my friend. 

All this obsession over gear is turning you all into asshats, you have CHILDISH superiority complexes and think because you can quote what "Punkworks" tested with "Science and math and bullshit" you are superior than everyone else.

Anyone else feel the same way? 

You said it all with one word, childish, or children. I find that 90% of this forum is kids trying to get into paintball. Is that bad? Hell fucking no, I love the fact that they want to get into the sport and help it grow. What I hate is that they think they know all of this shit, when in reality they dont know jack shit. For example, someone tells a member to buy a GOG eNEMY because its the best gun for their budget. Less than a day later, ill see that new member telling everyone else to buy an eNMEy when they have yet to even touch one. 

Im also sick of the hole "buy your gear in this order or else you will hate paintball"shit. Someone posts a topic asking the best starter gun with a budget of about $200. I guarantee that the first 20 posts are people saying "NO! YOU CAN NOT BUY A GUN UNTIL YOU HAVE A MASK TANK AND HOPPER HERP A DERP!". You know what? Fuck that shit. The kid has $200, thats a shit ton of money for a 12 year old. Lets be honest, say you've never owned your own paintball gear and want to get into the sport, you find some cool videos on youtube about beginner paintball, you find TechPb and ask some questions, everyone tells you to buy used in the BST and buy mask, tank, hopper then gun. With $200, most of the gear you guys recommend costs roughly $200 alone. Let the kid buy a damn gun first. Its the best way to want to keep playing! I started playing paintball with my cousin and a bunch of friends in the woods. We had no rental gear, nothing to put a HPA tank and Rotor on until we could buy our own gun. We had our spyders and 98 customs and they worked fine. Let the kids buy a damn gun, dont tell them they will hate paintball if they dont have a fucking ninja tank with a rotor and a $100+mask. CO2 with a shake and shoot on a 98 works fine and that kid will be the happiest mother fucker on the block, because he plays paintball. Best set up ever? No. But it works.

When I was 6, my neighbor had a gun. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. A gun that would shoot balls of paint that break and leave colors on shit. Looking back now, it was some crap spyder that most of you would rather throw during a game rather than shoot paintballs out of. Moral of the story, like BigX said, Lay off all the gear hype. Play paintball for what it is, not so you can have the best damn gun on the market with more 'ups' than a prison on conjugal visit day. 

BTW, fuck the axe.

/rant

Activate flame shield now, cause ill prolly get torn up for this one.  

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#17 evosamurai

evosamurai

Pumperton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

etek ftw

Posted Image

#18 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

Why dont we act our age rather then post up useless bullshit that makes you look like a two year old throwing a hissy fit :huh: 

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#19 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

etek ftw

E2 karnivor for the win.

But I agree. 90% of this forum is kids in the versus sub. And then there's us.. Other than off topic there's not much to do here. I can only answer "rail vs eXTCy" so many times. Especially when there is a thread with the exact same title not even 4 lines down. It especially erks me when the kid has his mind made up and still makes the fucking topic "which is better?" "Well, this one is better" "but I don't like the way that one looks" well if you didn't want it, why the fuck ask the question?? It's just wasting our time. I swear they should just pin a fucking rail vs eXTCy thread to the versus sub, and then lock it. Because from what's been happening, that's the only thread we need to sum up TechPB. And then there's the ones that make 10 threads
-what mask should I get
-what tank
-what gun
-what hopper
-what barrel
I wonder if they realize they could say "need gear advice" and ask them all In the SAME THREAD. Some people just don't have a logical thought process. Especially when I said "get a JT proflex, they're cheap and have a thermal lens so they won't fog" and the kid says "okay, but I heard JT masks fog, is it true?" Are you fucking kidding me?? It's like they ask questions, but then proceed to block out every single answer. Then ask a question that has already been asked 50 times in the past 3 threads.

/noob rant

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#20 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

etek ftw

E2 karnivor for the win.

But I agree. 90% of this forum is kids in the versus sub. And then there's us.. Other than off topic there's not much to do here. I can only answer "rail vs eXTCy" so many times. Especially when there is a thread with the exact same title not even 4 lines down. It especially erks me when the kid has his mind made up and still makes the fucking topic "which is better?" "Well, this one is better" "but I don't like the way that one looks" well if you didn't want it, why the fuck ask the question?? It's just wasting our time. I swear they should just pin a fucking rail vs eXTCy thread to the versus sub, and then lock it. Because from what's been happening, that's the only thread we need to sum up TechPB. And then there's the ones that make 10 threads
-what mask should I get
-what tank
-what gun
-what hopper
-what barrel
I wonder if they realize they could say "need gear advice" and ask them all In the SAME THREAD. Some people just don't have a logical thought process. Especially when I said "get a JT proflex, they're cheap and have a thermal lens so they won't fog" and the kid says "okay, but I heard JT masks fog, is it true?" Are you fucking kidding me?? It's like they ask questions, but then proceed to block out every single answer. Then ask a question that has already been asked 50 times in the past 3 threads.

/noob rant

Untill they make you take a IQ test to use the internet that will always happen Im only 22 and I feel like a old man sometimes oh well Ill still answer questions dosnt bug me

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#21 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

The only advice you see me giving is

1:Fresh Marbz Make the grass grow green.
2: I have a big face and I love my I4s.
3: There is no magical way to play paintball once a week for $20 it's never going to happen. You can never have enough money.

This whole concept of "saving up" I work when I want something I go out and buy it. These kids don't work and expect to have money to play paintball they do not understand that the reason why people have nice stuff and can go play is that they work. Mommy and daddy don't pay their way. If more of these kids earned their own way there would be significantly less advice threads.

Edited by bigx, 09 July 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#22 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

Im also sick of the hole "buy your gear in this order or else you will hate paintball"shit. Someone posts a topic asking the best starter gun with a budget of about $200. I guarantee that the first 20 posts are people saying "NO! YOU CAN NOT BUY A GUN UNTIL YOU HAVE A MASK TANK AND HOPPER HERP A DERP!". 

I think you are right about hopper and tank, but lets be honest, a mask is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than a gun. Think back to when you started out and had to wear a shitty rental mask that was probably way too big, heavy, the lens was a mess, fogged up, you couldn't breathe etc. A good mask isn't that expensive.

Rental Gun with good mask>Rental mask good gun. You must have seen people come down to your field with just a mask, I see them all the time, at the end of the day a new gun wont really make a difference to their game, but being able to breathe and see in the game makes a shit tonne of difference.

#23 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

3: There is no magical way to play paintball once a week for $20 it's never going to happen. You can never have enough money.

Pump on an outlaw field?

#24 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

ok, listen up butter cup.....

its advice... and when its sound advice... its going to be given.... maybe theperson is asking about a certain gun from a company that has a reputation for putting crap onto the market, so, the forum instead offers up other suggestion....

there is no harm is suggesting that a person invest in a good quality make loader and/or tank first... it is a again, sound advice, as a mask cna make or break your day of paintball...

fan boys will be fan boys... the Axe has a pretty big cult following, as does the etek... those 2 guns are going to be sugested over and over again because they are good buys... same goes for certain guns in the sub 300 dollar range....

as for talking about "whats the best"... the whole point of this forum is to answer questions... if a new user comes here to find out what we think is the best gun in a certain price range, you have 2 options.

a) you can answer their question and give reasons why youthink its the best for the price

B) you can ignore them and not respond... there is no rule stating that you have to reply to ever advice thread you see

if you feel put out by people asking for adviceo n a forum thats geared towards advice, then i will personally show you the door. becuase its this attitude thats ruining this forum, and i am sorry, we dont need you here that badly. you complain enough as it is (emma stone)

Arm Chair Ninjas.... are they annoying? yes.... here is how you deal with them.... you simply as the person if they have any experience with said guns they are talking about outside of what they have read, or shooting one in a chrono area...

anytime mike does a review of a gun, he actually goes out and plays with it, that way he has a good idea of how it shoots and what it takes to maintain the thing...

now, we all give second hand advice, the "my friends said this about this" or "i've always seen this doing this at the field"... thats fine, as long as you are not passing it off as your own advice... if you see anyone doing that, report them and i will deal with them, as i dont tolerate that sort of bullshit....

so, long story short? suck it up or leave....

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#25 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

What's pissing me off is certain members lauding gear as the say all end all of paintball. You have some 12 year old kid going out and saying. "We'll I just bought a rail shot it in my backyard and I think it's time to upgrade." You guys are totally pushing the "upgrade" mentality onto all these newer members that there will always be something better than what they have and if they don't have that thing they are going to have a horrible time with it. Your putting way to much emphasis on the gear and not enough on actually playing.

#26 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

exactly. i know a guy, a friend of mine. who bought a rail with my recommendation. proceeded to play probably two days worth, then bought an etha, two jerseys, bounce vest, e-flex, empire pads. and i haven't seen him at the field in months. haven't even heard from him actually. 

#27 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

I who're around markers as much as the next guy and that's because I have enough "fuck you" money to do it. I get a gun I like and is fun to shoot I keep it long enough to enjoy it and try something else. It's all just a matter of "FUN" how much fun is sitting on a forum listening to a bunch of prepubescent fanboys screaming that a particular marker is the greatest thing since they invented free Internet porn. Honestly for the love of Christ can someone please just tell then that it is ok to shoot a low end it's fine to have a spyder or a tippman as long as you are having fun every day.

#28 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

egos suck. they are absolute hand cannons.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#29 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

What does that have to do with anything I just said? Also isint the Ego the most "Winningest" Design in paintball since the Days of Dynasty and their shockers?

#30 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

What does that have to do with anything I just said? Also isint the Ego the most "Winningest" Design in paintball since the Days of Dynasty and their shockers?
That doesn't matter if it's the "winningest" design. Pros will use whatever the fuck they are paid to use.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#31 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

I who're around markers as much as the next guy and that's because I have enough "fuck you" money to do it. I get a gun I like and is fun to shoot I keep it long enough to enjoy it and try something else. It's all just a matter of "FUN" how much fun is sitting on a forum listening to a bunch of prepubescent fanboys screaming that a particular marker is the greatest thing since they invented free Internet porn. Honestly for the love of Christ can someone please just tell then that it is ok to shoot a low end it's fine to have a spyder or a tippman as long as you are having fun every day.

Maybe you should go back and look at how many equipment advice threads there are where the OP is told that field time will make them better ways new gear never could. There may be SOME people doing what you said we should avoid but its far from the majority.

#32 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

If people are going to buy shitty stuff you stop them. They are here for advice on gear and I'm sure if they put up a thread wanting to compare guns and you just said 'lolplaythegame' it wouldn't go too well. That said the more you play paintball the more you realise its not at all about what you are shooting but just about the game itself.

Exactly this.  I would be rocking a U.S. Army Tippmann if you guys never gave me advice.

#33 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

OP, you are complaining about consumerism... if people want to buy the best gear, or want to "upgrade" form what they have becuase they are not happy about, they will... and if thats the advice thats given, because thats what they are asking for.... well, then your pointless rant, is well, pointless. frankly i find your attitude to be apart of the problem with the forum.

why are we here at techpb? we are here to answer any and all questions that are posed with something other then "read the stickies"... we staff have been instructed to ban on sight anyone who contridicts this policy... meaning, if i see someone tell another user to read the stickies, and not provide any other information in their post, they are gone... if i see someone complain about having to give advice, or complain about newbies int he chat room asking the same question over and over again, i'll ban them... we are here to help. if that help means offering insight into what guns are better then the rail a peron just bought... well, i expect the community here to give appropriate advice for whats being asked.

that means, if someone is unhappy with the rail they just bought, for whatever reason, and they want to know what else is out there, well, you have 3 options...

a) you reply in said thread and give advice based off your experience with the gun or gear upgrades they are asking about, be it a new gun, or other "upgrades"

b )you reply in a way that violates techpb user policy, i.e. "read the fucking stickies".... and we ban you from the sight....

c) you dont have any viable input, or you simply dont care, so you dont reply....

so, take this with a grain of salt... but you are part of the problem here with this bullshit attitude.... if you dont want to give advice, then dont... if you dont like the advice others are giving, then respond in a way that doesnt make you look like a douche... or i will personally bannish you form the forums... as we have no need to shit like this, we have enough issues to worry about

Edited by OEFVeteran, 09 July 2013 - 07:55 PM.

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#34 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Look at the kind of advice I give people honestly just look at it

#35 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Look at the kind of advice I give people honestly just look at it

#36 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Good advice from a good source is good advice, anything else is either bad advice or bandwagoning.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#37 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

Good advice from a good source is good advice, anything else is either bad advice or bandwagoning.

Trying to shove 'good advice' down people's throat as the be all end all sounds a lot like bandwagoning.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#38 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

People are taking it way to seriously and it's gone to far.

#39 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

People are taking it way to seriously and it's gone to far.

But, your opinion on the internet is wrong

#40 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Wait you are that guy who is like super pro with the planet long dm17?

#41 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Wait you are that guy who is like super pro with the planet long dm17?

If I recall correctly, I believe he has the Planet Long Dm17i

#42 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Wow are you like sponsored? You must be such a good sniper?

#43 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Wow are you like sponsored? You must be such a good sniper?

It's the 20 inch barrel that makes all the difference.  Cooky recommended it to me.

#44 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Dont forget the ghillie suit

#45 HeroForADay

HeroForADay