• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hyoung41

hyoung41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

Is the spire worht it for the money? I'm in the market for a new loader and I was looking at the prophecy z2 until my friend recommended the spire. I also kind of want to see if pinokio is going to release something new. I've thought about the rotor and my friend was having issues with his the other week so that steered me away from it.

Any other suggestions would also be great in that price range (150-200ish)

thanks

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

I say wait 3 months for one of the new hoppers to come out.

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

It seems that a bunch of new loaders are supposed to be coming out here soon. Because of this, I would wait it out if you can for a lot more options to open up. I like the Spire a lot, but it can be very expensive.

#4 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

I'd do exactly what these guys are telling you.

maybe pick up a Cheap Halo or VLocity for the time Being, because Loaders that we got now work wonders, so if there is even a FURTHER improvement on loaders I can't imagine a loader working upwards to 75+bps, or have the know how of how tense to have the ball stack by knowing what pressure your running at, chrono speeds and have your Avg. BPS to match the tension perfect... but I don't see this far behind.

#5 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

What issues was your friend having with his Rotor?

#6 hyoung41

hyoung41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

He was saying that it was putting a little too much pressure on the stack but he and been messing with it the day before so he might have messed something up. he has an old rail so it might have been breaking paint anyways but it still steered me away. I do like tha it has just abut every crown available for it and the durability of the shell, though

#7 Forrest

Forrest

It's gonna be a bloodbath!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Id' wait for other loaders to arrive, or go for the Z2 or to try the rotor, I've never had a problem with mine. I've heard popcorning issues with the spire, and I believe the Z2 or rotor are a proven platform that's known to work well compared to the spire. 

#8 condowarren

condowarren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

Popcorning with the spire? haven't heard that before. But the pulsing issue can be annoying but if you use good batteries adjust the settings you can fix it. But if your still having issues just talk to virtue and they will take great care of you. I sent them an email and they got back to me in like 3 hours and got my address and sent me more sensitive board. 

#9 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

The Spire is good, but I think there are better options for the price.  I love my Prophecy to death, the Rotor is great, and everybody on this forum loves the Pinokio.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users