• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

How loose should the clamping feedneck be? Should it be hard to put on your loader or no because it is for me.. I have the empire mini and the rotor. When I take off my loader I realize there's scratches on the rotor feedneck thing is that normal? Haha I'm new to all this and don't want to be messing up my new gear. Any tips on adjusting the feedneck to fit the rotor properly? And do I need to loosen the screw before taking off my rotor? Please help! Haha

#2 McAwesomeVille

McAwesomeVille

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

You shouldn't struggle that much to close the arm on the feedneck. I'd say find a spot where the feedneck grabs the hopper with the least amount of pressure. Yes it is bad if it gets scratches. Find your sweet spot and don't move it from there. To find your sweetspot just turn it back all the way and stick your rotor in. If it falls off, tighten it. Continue to do this until it does not fall out. Then you can give it about a half turn for closure

#3 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

It is normal for it to get a few scratches, just from the hopper trying to move while you run or dive. It shouldn't be tough to put it on, so my advice, just loosen the screw, put the loader in, close the lever, and tighten the screw semi firmly. TO undo, work backwards.

Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#4 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

ROTORS have large feed-necks, so scratching is is common...it’s worth it since a broken feed-neck is uncommon.

That is in stark contrast to my first hopper, an Invert too.Three broken shells in 3 months, that is when I purchased the ROTOR.

You purchased the right hopper, nothing better than a ROTOR! 

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#5 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

ROTORS have large feed-necks, so scratching is is common...its worth it since a broken feed-neck is uncommon.

That is in stark contrast to my first hopper, an Invert too.Three broken shells in 3 months, that is when I purchased the ROTOR.

You purchased the right hopper, nothing better than a ROTOR! 

Rotor all the way man!

#6 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

some feednecks have a hard time with rotors. my luxe feedneck will fit it but my demon feedneck will not fit a rotor. if i use my demon i have to use my spire. as for how tight your loader should be, once my lever is clamped down i still like to be able to turn my hopper in the feed neck without a ton of effort. if you get your feed neck too tight then you are alot more likely to break the feedneck on your loader. ask me how i know

There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#7 Ben123

Ben123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

some feednecks have a hard time with rotors. my luxe feedneck will fit it but my demon feedneck will not fit a rotor. if i use my demon i have to use my spire. as for how tight your loader should be, once my lever is clamped down i still like to be able to turn my hopper in the feed neck without a ton of effort. if you get your feed neck too tight then you are alot more likely to break the feedneck on your loader. ask me how i know

Because you broke your feedneck I'm guessing.. Haha alright thanks!

#8 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

There should be a screw that you can adjust.  Find a spot where unclamped it's loose enough to put in, clamped it holds it tight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users