• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jcmurdoch

jcmurdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

So, I'm planning on picking one of these up for my first loader from lips paintball at £61. (As you can probably tell I'm British). What I would like to know is the various merits and problems with the loader, along with things like the availability of spare parts and speed feeds. I would also like to know about the profile of the hopper (anyone got a picture of it mounted on their marker, along with other hoppers for comparison?). I'm planning to get it in the digicam, as I am a woodsball only player, so I might as well get a little added camouflage- especially as the standard gravity feds are red and blue. Finally, does anyone have any tips on how the loader fits on an inferno, as that is the rental marker at my field, and how I should ensure it does not fall off during a game( I'm thinking duct tape may be the answer).
I'd also like to add that I am not really open to used, I'd like to have my loader new-just a personal preference.
Thanking you in advance for any help you may render me.

#2 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

If your field rents out markers with stove pipe feednecks I would highly advise going to go get a marker before getting the halo. Most likely the hopper is not going to fit. Go get a used spyder or something. Get something really cheap then go get the halo.  Also do you have a nice mask? If not go get that first. 

#3 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

If your field rents out markers with stove pipe feednecks I would highly advise going to go get a marker before getting the halo. Most likely the hopper is not going to fit. Go get a used spyder or something. Get something really cheap then go get the halo.  Also do you have a nice mask? If not go get that first. 

this. also to add, spare parts are readily available. just email KEE and they'll hook you up. speed feeds for it are all over the place, it's the universal size. the only real problem with them is that the shells are generally brittle. so don't go banging it against trees and rock and you'll be fine. also, if you lose the foam in the battery compartment they'll rattle around and drive you crazy, nothing some newspaper can't fix though. i have a feeling that i got a bad one because when i got my rotor all the problems i had, had stopped. but there's always a lemon a company puts out. all the ones at my field work great.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#4 jcmurdoch

jcmurdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

I have a mask, in fact it's right next to me. It's a thermal lense proto switch. While it is not seen as an "amazing" mask, it fits me fine and is very comfortable. I would buy a cheap marker, except I have no idea where to find used markers. Also, I find having a good hopper more important than a marker, as when I was talking to my friends that play with me, they were talking about getting misfires at around 4-5 bps. I also don't really want to get a cheap marker now, as I'm sorta saving up for a GoG eNMEy, but if I can find a decent marker used I might buy it.
But first, my priority is my loader, as I believe it will make much more of a difference to my play than a marker
Edit: What the hell is a herbal lense?

Edited by jcmurdoch, 11 July 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

The Halo Too is a fine loader. The only time I ever had any issues with mine was when the batteries had died. The clamshell design and changing batteries is kind of annoying, but not a dealbreaker for most. It'll also feed as fast as you'll ever need on pretty much any marker you'll ever own.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

I have a mask, in fact it's right next to me. It's a herbal lense proto switch. While it is not seen as an "amazing" mask, it fits me fine and is very comfortable. I would buy a cheap marker, except I have no idea where to find used markers. Also, I find having a good hopper more important than a marker, as when I was talking to my friends that play with me, they were talking about getting misfires at around 4-5 bps. I also don't really want to get a cheap marker now, as I'm sorta saving up for a GoG eNMEy, but if I can find a decent marker used I might buy it.
But first, my priority is my loader, as I believe it will make much more of a difference to my play than a marker

Whats the point of getting a nice loader if it outdoes fit your gun.

#7 jcmurdoch

jcmurdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

So that I don't have to buy a loader later

#8 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

it wouldn't matter if you had it now or later. if you can't use it now, you can't use it now. it's not like the halo will just disappear. they're readily available. 

#9 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

The eNMey is a great gun but if you can muster a extra 50$ (US) and get the Extcy beacuase of the asa barrel and board

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#10 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

The eNMey is a great gun but if you can muster a extra 50$ (US) and get the Extcy beacuase of the asa barrel and board

you mean Envy not enmey

#11 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Oops can't read
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#12 jcmurdoch

jcmurdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

I would get an envy, but my field only allows mechanicals.

#13 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

that's an odd field..

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

Then get the eNMEy. Also, regarding the shells:
The newer shells are made of a much more durable plastic than the original too. The original is black, while the newer ones are the white and camo versions.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 jcmurdoch

jcmurdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

that's an odd field..
Fields in the U.K. are very rental based, so if you had an electro and set it to PSP or millennium ramping settings you would absolutely destroy them, as the rental markers are only infernos.

#16 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

The Too is great, the profile isn't small, but by no means should it bother you.  Parts are available and Kee has the best CS ever.  I took a ribbon cable off my Prophecy and told them (because it fried the board), the fixed it for free and even shipped it back.  

I will try to get some pics up comparing my Vlocity and Prophecy, I believe the Too is in between in regards of profile.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users