21 replies to this topic

#1 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

So on the spyder website you can get the advancer for $99.99 (mrsp $189)

info about the gun: The Advancer™ is the first tournament level .50 Caliber electronic paintball marker from Spyder. Featuring a reduced weight and overall profile, the Advancer™ allows maximum mobility during play. Each Advancer™ comes equipped with the LEAP™ II Circuit Board by Tadao® which delivers silky bolt movement and effortless trigger mechanism. This smaller than traditional .50 Caliber paintball creates a smaller ammunition which means greater accuracy and efficiency, less mess and less impact for the player. With the low recoil of the marker the ball maintains a more accurate flight path capable of placing your shots within a tight grouping. The Advancer™ comes with the patent pending Eko™ Valve System which can get an impressive 3,500 shots with one single 20oz CO2 tank. You can operate the Advancer™ on CO2 or Compressed Air.

+ Air Efficient EKO™ Valve System (Patent Pending)

+ Break Beam Eye (Anti-Chop System)
+ LEAP™ II Circuit Board with Rear Facing Color Access Mode Display (CAMD) Developed by Tadao Technologies with Semi-Auto and the current PSP and Millennium settings

+ Quick Release Bolt
+ 10" Micro Ported Barrel

+ Clamping Collar Feedneck
+ 3-Way Adjustable Magnetic Response "Saber" Trigger

+ Recessed Dual Texture Grip Panels
+ All Aluminum Body Construction
+ High Impact Polymer Trigger Frame

+ Adjustable Fast Charge Low Pressure Inline Regulator

+ Standard Thread Vertical Adapter

+ External Velocity Adjuster

+ Tool Free Striker Plug Design

+ Steel Braided Hose

+ Inline Bottom-line ASA

+ Dual Ball Detents

+ Operates on CO2 or Compressed Air

Included with this marker:
+ 350 Round Gravity Feed Loader
* Battery and charger not included

picture of the Spyder Advancer 

Or the Azodin Kaos 

FEATURES:
LOW RISE “TWIST LOCK II” FEED NECK

FEATHER STRIKER SYSTEM

TOP COCKING PULL PIN

QUICK RELEASE DELRIN BOLT 
12” SINGLE PIECE BARREL

DOUBLE BALL DETENTS

GAS-THRU FOREGRIP

NON-SLIP RUBBER GRIP PANELS

ALUMINUM GRIP FRAME WITH DOVETAIL AND DIRECT SCREW MOUNT

OPERATES ON CO2 OR HPA

#2 xXpball4lifeXx

xXpball4lifeXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

i would say go with the kaos and get a compressed air tank. because it will make it more consistent and accurate. with that said make sure you have a quality mask. i would stay away from the advancer. i had a spyeder pilot a couple years back (basically the same gun) and i had nothing but problems. the kaos is very well made. although i think you should save up a little more and get the gog enemy i believe it is still 129.00 

i hope this helps

#3 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

neither... get the enmey but before you even think about guns do you have a hpa tank, loader and mask?

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#4 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

I was thinking about the gog enmey but I was thinking the advancer because its 99.99 on spyder.tv

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

eNMEy >>>>>> Kaos > Spyder

#6 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

OP: Are you aware the advancer is a .50 cal paintball gun? Are you aware of the differences between .68 and .50 cal?

naimadamian.png

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

eNMEy>all. Much more worth it. Also, you probably will have a harder time getting 50 cal, and using it, because .68 is the standard for all paintball. I highly doubt you'd be able to ever use it save for novelty uses in the backyard and some scenario games.
The eNMEy is a much better option than both, as it is the superior marker. Regulated, smooth shooting, quiet, faster, never chops, easy maintainence, nice, crisp, light trigger, and the bolt system doesn wear down.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

Finding a group of .50 cal players is going to be very difficult. Finding a field on which to play .50 cal may even be more diffcult. It was a novelty which just doesn't know it's dead, yet. You are better off with the eNMEy or trying to find a used Ion, than the Kaos. Probably cheaper too.

#9 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

i am near hollywood sports and has 50cal paint

and chances are i wont be on a team for a while i am starting out.

#10 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

dont get the advancer, you will regret it, i garuntee you that, save up a bit for a GoG eNMEy or if you don't want to get the kaos. however i highly recommend waiting for the eNMEy

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#11 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

eNMEy would likely also have easier maintenance

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

.50 cal has seriously reduced range in my experience and Spyder markers are some of the worst quality paintball guns I have ever seen.

You will be MUCH happier with an eNMEy.

#13 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

.50 cal has seriously reduced range in my experience and Spyder markers are some of the worst quality paintball guns I have ever seen.

You will be MUCH happier with an eNMEy.

^

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#14 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

well ok you guys convinced me i am going with the Gog  Enmey but should i stay with the barrel that comes with it or should i get a new barrel to replace the one that comes with the gun? What I am asking is does the barrel that comes with the Enmey good enough to stay with or should be replaced.

#15 Forrest99

Forrest99

2spooky4u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

tits fine for a barrel paint comes out of the other end in one piece, isn't that all that matters for a newbie?

Edited by Forrest99, 25 July 2013 - 06:50 PM.

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#16 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

well ok you guys convinced me i am going with the Gog  Enmey but should i stay with the barrel that comes with it or should i get a new barrel to replace the one that comes with the gun? What I am asking is does the barrel that comes with the Enmey good enough to stay with or should be replaced.

Keep it.

New barrels have no difference in accuracy in paintball.  A stock 8in barrel shoots just as good as an aftermarket 20in barrel.  Keeping your marker and barrel clean is one of 2 ways to shoot accurate, the other being using good paint.  Oily paint doesn't work well because the oil puts a spin on the ball causing it to curve.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 25 July 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#17 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

Keep the stock barrel. It will be just as accurate. I personally prefer longer barrels but its not worth the extra cost since you will NEVER get a return on your money. Paintball markers are kind of like cars in the sense that they both are money pits when it comes to upgrades because you will never ever get a return on your investment. Stick with stock
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#18 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

ok now i am back to the gun choosing i saw good reviews about the spyder advancer (electronic gun) but i need someone who has one to tell me how good it is because looks good. the Enmey is my top choice but the spyder looks really good.

#19 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

ok now i am back to the gun choosing i saw good reviews about the spyder advancer (electronic gun) but i need someone who has one to tell me how good it is because looks good. the Enmey is my top choice but the spyder looks really good.

I don't know how to describe it, but Spyder's just really aren't any good, even compared to other blowback markers.  "Looking good" is due to marketing, like how your first post was simply a copy/paste of the manufacturer's feature list.  That whole list is just a bunch of buzzwords and half-truths written to make a product appear much better than it is, no matter how amazing or terrible it is in reality.

#20 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

I don't know how to describe it, but Spyder's just really aren't any good, even compared to other blowback markers.  "Looking good" is due to marketing, like how your first post was simply a copy/paste of the manufacturer's feature list.  That whole list is just a bunch of buzzwords and half-truths written to make a product appear much better than it is, no matter how amazing or terrible it is in reality.

This ^^^
I've had very bad experiences with spyders and I've seen many of them go down at my field and then that person got stuck shooting a rental the rest of the day.
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#21 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

The eNMey is overall the better gun, but I've had good experiences with the 5-6 Spyders I've owned.

If you really want to get a Spyder, stay away from their .50cal stuff.

Almost no one uses .50cal and this recent .50cal "revival" was a total failure and is almost over.

Take a look at the Spyder Xtra. Other than the having Spyder-specific barrel threads I'd say it's a better gun than an Azodin Kaos, though the two are practically the same thing.

#22 Forrest99

Forrest99

2spooky4u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

This may be a long shot but if you look hard you might find a old pm5 or a pmr from 07/08 which is way better than all semis

Any one with a B2k pds board?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users