• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MiamiiDragon

MiamiiDragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

Hey guys, I have some questions about HPA Tanks and my Tippman 98 Custom.
Are HPA tanks available at a retailer store like Wal-Mart? What stores carry them?
Also, how do I go about refilling my HPA Tanks? Can I use my air compressor that I use for filling up my car tires? If not, is there any way I can fill them up on my own without a scuba tank? If not again, what stores can I take my HPA Tanks to for a refill?

And about my Tippmann 98 Custom. I just bought it a day ago and had the CO2 Can filled. About 30 minutes in, I noticed that when I pulled the trigger, the cocker wouldn't set and wait for me to pull the trigger again to shoot, it would just keep going back and forth, like a machine gun. Is this because I was running out of CO2 or my Velocity was not high enough? And also, what is a good idea of how much the velocity increases depending on how much you turn the velocity screw on a TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM? Like how much would I have to turn it to go up/down 50 fps? Help would be really appreciated

Edited by MiamiiDragon, 30 March 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#2 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

1. dont by any paintball products from wall-mart. SUPPORT YOU LOCAL SHOP!!!!!!!!1!!!!111!
2. no, they dont sell hpa tanks, your local shop carries hpa tanks
3. no, you cant fill it up using an air compressor, the only way to do it is with scuba tanks
4. your local shop can refill your HPA tank

you were just out of air, the easiest way to chrono your gun without a chrono, is to take the barrel off your gun and put your palm right where the barrels goes, dry fire it into your hand if it stings a little its around 300 fps
Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#3 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

You can fill your tanks with a hand pump, but it would take an hour or too. Your gun went "full auto", because your tank didn't have enough pressure to recock. This meant that either your CO2 tank was empty, or you shot so fast that the tank chilled. The colder CO2 is, the lower the pressure. So you could have a full tank, but your gun wouldn't fire until the tank warmed back up again.

#4 mattsegui

mattsegui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys, I have some questions about HPA Tanks and my Tippman 98 Custom.
Are HPA tanks available at a retailer store like Wal-Mart? What stores carry them?
Also, how do I go about refilling my HPA Tanks? Can I use my air compressor that I use for filling up my car tires? If not, is there any way I can fill them up on my own without a scuba tank? If not again, what stores can I take my HPA Tanks to for a refill?

And about my Tippmann 98 Custom. I just bought it a day ago and had the CO2 Can filled. About 30 minutes in, I noticed that when I pulled the trigger, the cocker wouldn't set and wait for me to pull the trigger again to shoot, it would just keep going back and forth, like a machine gun. Is this because I was running out of CO2 or my Velocity was not high enough? And also, what is a good idea of how much the velocity increases depending on how much you turn the velocity screw on a TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM? Like how much would I have to turn it to go up/down 50 fps? Help would be really appreciated

1. Yes they are available at sports athority but you can save 40$ if you buy them at a paintball dealer
2.You can go to a scuba shop, sports authority or once again save a couple bucks and go to your local dealer
3. You were out of co2 thats what happends with co2, hpa doesnt do that
4. not sure on the velocity ? it depends on every diferent gun youl have to experiment.
92 % Of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your the 8% that would be laughing your *** off put this in your sig.
if ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#5 applesrtastyxD

applesrtastyxD

Apple Eater

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

1. dont by any paintball products from wall-mart. SUPPORT YOU LOCAL SHOP!!!!!!!!1!!!!111!
2. no, they dont sell hpa tanks, your local shop carries hpa tanks
3. no, you cant fill it up using an air compressor, the only way to do it is with scuba tanks
4. your local shop can refill your HPA tank

you were just out of air, the easiest way to chrono your gun without a chrono, is to take the barrel off your gun and put your palm right where the barrels goes, dry fire it into your hand if it stings a little its around 300 fps

Um you can fill up with air compressors not only scuba tanks o.o
but u need a really expensive like 3000$ compressor rofl, my field has one

and just dry firing into your hand to see if it stings a little won't help, some people are more resistant to pain and have different definitions of "stings a little"
ARE THOSE MY BALLS ON YOUR FACE =D?

I wish i had an ego >< or dm...
(save save save!)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users