• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 paintballsudz

paintballsudz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

I just started playing speedball and I love it ! I was just wondering if you guys can help me out with were is best to play for me . I am small guy and I love to waste a lot of paint on the field !

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Pat attention to the angles.  It's fun to shoot paint but make sure when you are doing it that you're a.) holding someone in from making a bump to a key bunker, b.) shooting someone you have a good angle on or c). laning off the break.  If you're small and fast you could probably do well as a front/insert player but they don't tend to shoot as much paint as the back guys so find what you like best and/or are best at by trying different things out.

Also learn to get really tight with your bunker, shoot with both hands and work on having good form.  Watch videos of pros playing, tutorial/tips videos, etc. and hold your gun, run, dive, etc. the way they do.  I find having good form is really the basis of becoming a better player, along with dedication to really put in the time/effort.  (plus having good form makes you look way cooler while playing ;) )

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 11 July 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#3 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Dont shoot at the bunker, shoot next to the bunker.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Dont shoot at the bunker, shoot next to the bunker.

This so much.^^^ Shoot the spot where someone would snap out to shoot or where they would run to bump to the next bunker.

#5 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Ok, I agree with you two soooo much ^

I am literally that guy that STUDIES how the pros play and I have dedicated a lot of time to learning how to dive correctly, shoot lefty, stay tight with bunkers, etc. I can't tell you how many people you can get out shooting next to the bunker. I DO THAT ALL THE TIME. It works really well and as for playing snake if you decide to, keep your arms fully extended when you do it, keep your palms facing up, get a good running start, have good knee and elbow pads, and finally keep your tank in the bending part of your arm. If you attempt to superman dive, also have your guns grip in your hand and MAKE SURE your barrel is not going into the ground because you will core sample and that is not fun from what I've heard and seen of it in videos.

One Nation

Bob Long V1 Victory in **Titanium and Red W/Pressure tester and extras! 9/10 Cond.**: http://www.techpb.co...-910-condition/

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#6 protorailfan

protorailfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

If and when your pinned down, Try some snap shooting to make your stay worth-while in the doritos ;)

:ph34r:

#7 michael_mnm

michael_mnm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Dont be affraid to get low eitheir. If you pop out in the same spot everytime, the opposing player will shoot you out in seconds. Rember to crouch and take the shot. Also if ur playing snake you deffinatly need to comunicate. You need to know if you need back up or move forward and who is looking down your tape.

PLAYING CFPS!!!!!!!!!

#8 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Don't get shot

If you do this, you will be a fantastic player
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#9 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

Pat attention to the angles.  It's fun to shoot paint but make sure when you are doing it that you're a.) holding someone in from making a bump to a key bunker, b.) shooting someone you have a good angle on or c). laning off the break.  If you're small and fast you could probably do well as a front/insert player but they don't tend to shoot as much paint as the back guys so find what you like best and/or are best at by trying different things out.

Also learn to get really tight with your bunker, shoot with both hands and work on having good form.  Watch videos of pros playing, tutorial/tips videos, etc. and hold your gun, run, dive, etc. the way they do.  I find having good form is really the basis of becoming a better player, along with dedication to really put in the time/effort.  (plus having good form makes you look way cooler while playing ;) )

109.gif

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

And communicate, communicate, communicate!  Always decide what bunkers you are taking and who is shooting where off the break.  In-game call out positions almost constantly if you know where someone on the other team is.  Use terms that most people know, like D1 (first dorito on their side), or 30 tower (tall bunker at their 30 yard line).

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 August 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#11 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Also (sorry for lateness) if you're in snake or dorito, just chill there you don't need to gun battle, keep the key position. Run with your gun up! Exceptions are off the break to snake/doritos, or out wide in the back left and right sometimes
109.gif

#12 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Don't get shot

If you do this, you will be a fantastic player

So true :D

#13 Pvtires

Pvtires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

So, im about 5'10 189 and so im not the fastest player off the break and i wanna know what i can do to keep from getting sniped off the break.

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

So, im about 5'10 189 and so im not the fastest player off the break and i wanna know what i can do to keep from getting sniped off the break.

Uhhh... put a bunker between you and your opponents paint perhaps?

Otherwise shoot back at the runners or home that's shooting you and they will either be put in or get shot if you have good aim.

#15 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

be patient in dorito. when in doubt, cross it up. no one can bunker you when you and a teammate do so

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#16 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Mike from TechPB has a really good video on this, but I don't have the link handy haha. I believe it is in the related videos section of his video on bunkering.
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#17 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

First tip: Buy elbow pads and knee pads if you are serious about playing. I have injured myself so many times due to a lack of knee/elbow pads. 

Second tip: Figure out proper lanes don't just run and shoot at random. Remember it usually takes a paintball two seconds to reach the other side of the field so don't shoot right next to where people start shoot in an area they will run through.

Third tip: Don't randomly waste paint. The point of shooting a lot is to bunker the opposing teams players not waste 20 dollars a game. Be sure you are putting your money to good use not spraying and praying :P

Don't attempt to play snake just shoot of the break and play back. For slower players it's better to lane and move up slowly. 

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users