16 replies to this topic

#1 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

all of my paintball experience has been rec-ball and I'm going to my first scenario game, (aa3 at wasaga aug 16/17). i don't own a pod pack because i have never had the need for one. i do plan on camping overnight and I'm not sure how i should try to pack and what exactly to bring, i have a hydration bladder and a hiking pack which i was thinking of using instead of a pod pack, would that work or should i also invest in a pod pack. also one of my biggest concerns is of gear being stolen, what should i do to protect my stuff?

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#2 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

Pods and a podpack a pretty important for any kind of lengthy play which you will encounter during a scenario.  That is unless you plan on only running missions and not really shooting much.  You've already got the water part down which is important.  What else to bring would be food, gaterade, changes of clothes and toilet paper.  If you have spare parts or other markers/hoppers etc you can bring those along except you should keep them in your trunk along with your other unessential items.  That is one way for you to avoid things being taken.  I don't know how far from your car you may be so anything extra you may bring onto the field keep it light and keep it in a bag you can lock/cable lock to something.  Also finding others you may know or people from here on TechPB and keep your stuff near them will help. Also you'll get to know people here better.  Hope this helped.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#3 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

Pods and a podpack a pretty important for any kind of lengthy play which you will encounter during a scenario.  That is unless you plan on only running missions and not really shooting much.  You've already got the water part down which is important.  What else to bring would be food, gaterade, changes of clothes and toilet paper.  If you have spare parts or other markers/hoppers etc you can bring those along except you should keep them in your trunk along with your other unessential items.  That is one way for you to avoid things being taken.  I don't know how far from your car you may be so anything extra you may bring onto the field keep it light and keep it in a bag you can lock/cable lock to something.  Also finding others you may know or people from here on TechPB and keep your stuff near them will help. Also you'll get to know people here better.  Hope this helped.

yes it does, i wont have a car there though, iim being dropped off Friday night and my dad is going to the beach meaning the only thing i will have to store things is my tent, which i might even have to take down depending on where i end up camping. i was considering simply putting pods in the backpack instead of a podpack, or would it be better to carry both if possible.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#4 reflexowner

reflexowner

Unicorns eat tacos!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

My scenario set up is a hydration pack like your self at the moment but I bought an gxg $10 belt pod pack stitched to the front. And for the gear I would take a suit case or and dufal bag to keep you gear in and can be transport easily. Have fun

#5 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

If you don't have a car then make sure your gear is in good order.  If you have to bring extra items try to keep them locked up some how.  Making it a little bit harder is usually enough of a deturant.  Using something like a bike lock to tie all your things together would also help.  Pods in a backpack could open up inside the bag plus it makes you a larger profile.  I prefer a podpack and a hydration bladder combo if I'm just running and gunning.  Or my vest if I'm running my pistol/axe/havok with 6pods, 2 tanks, and rockets,  When it comes down to how you gear yourself it's really what works for you and you're comfortable with.  I would advise you that a podpack is a pretty good investment if you plan to play more.  Also you may want to grab more pods if you only have 1-2 unless you're a limited ammo player.

Edited by Mandoade, 16 July 2013 - 10:55 PM.

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#6 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

If you don't have a car then make sure your gear is in good order.  If you have to bring extra items try to keep them locked up some how.  Making it a little bit harder is usually enough of a deturant.  Using something like a bike lock to tie all your things together would also help.  Pods in a backpack could open up inside the bag plus it makes you a larger profile.  I prefer a podpack and a hydration bladder combo if I'm just running and gunning.  Or my vest if I'm running my pistol/axe/havok with 6pods, 2 tanks, and rockets,  When it comes down to how you gear yourself it's really what works for you and you're comfortable with.  I would advise you that a podpack is a pretty good investment if you plan to play more.  Also you may want to grab more pods if you only have 1-2 unless you're a limited ammo player.

i have an osprey water bladder, the main problem i face is that i wont have room for a podpack with my hiking bag on my back. how do you think i could carry a podpack and the hydration bladder.

58pk.jpg

#7 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

There are cheaper vests that some companies make like tippmann and valken that can hold bladder pouches if you don't mind a vest.  Some like the one from Valken are similar to pod packs.  Otherwise I've used a camelbak backpack and a pod pack.

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#8 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

thanks, those valken ones look good, i might try to get one of those.

58pk.jpg

#9 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

A pack is an investment. Dont cheap out. Your back will hurt if you get a cheapo one.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#10 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

A pack is an investment. Dont cheap out. Your back will hurt if you get a cheapo one.

I don't cheap out on anything, because I know I will regret it and end up buying something better.

58pk.jpg

#11 Gremikins

Gremikins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

What did you end up getting or thinking of getting?

#12 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

What did you end up getting or thinking of getting?

i will be carrying a backpack to hold paint not just for me but for several others in my group, its rather big and doesnt leave room for a pod pack so i am trying to find a pod pack specifically made for 50 round pods, if i cant find one i will make one. besides that i think i have everything i need :)

58pk.jpg

#13 reflexowner

reflexowner

Unicorns eat tacos!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

gxg makes one

http://www.genxglobalinc.com/?p=1005

I have yet to find one in Canada tho

#14 Key

Key

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

What I used to use for pods was just a camelback backpack. Even with the bladder I could put in two pods and then wear a pod pack aswell.

Looking for a Good Field in the Albany Area?

Their Website: http://albanyscenarioclub.com

Their Facebook: https://www.facebook...anyScenarioClub

#15 Johnnyd123

Johnnyd123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Get the Empire THT Static vest holds 13 pods then get an 68 45k tank or up and a molle universal tank holder to strap onto back of vest either run w/ 2 tanks 1 on gun and 1 on vest or.get a big tank will be able to shoot all of the pods about depending on ur gun not a gas guzzler gun 

Edited by Johnnyd123, 03 September 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#16 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

What I used to use for pods was just a camelback backpack. Even with the bladder I could put in two pods and then wear a pod pack aswell.

Get the Empire THT Static vest holds 13 pods then get an 68 45k tank or up and a molle universal tank holder to strap onto back of vest either run w/ 2 tanks 1 on gun and 1 on vest or.get a big tank will be able to shoot all of the pods about depending on ur gun not a gas guzzler gun 

if you guys realize the last post before yours was made near the end of july, you guys are a decent bit late :P,

58pk.jpg

#17 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'd just get an inexpensive vest maybe around 40-65 dollars. I'd go with a valken V-tac bravo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users