• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 hyoung41

hyoung41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

does anyone have one or know anyone that has one? are they easy to maintain (are they durable)? is there anything else in the same price-range that is better? why? thanks, hyoung41 P.S. It'll be my first pump and I won't be buying it until I shoot a pump and hopefully play a round with one at my local field.

#2 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

i know of people who have them and i have shot them, they are very durable easy to maintain, and i definitely believe it is the best pump you can get new for $420.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#3 FrankW

FrankW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I have one. It's a great gun. Have had no problems with mine. Only thing I don't like is the type of detents that they use. They look like ego detents, except they're softer than what pe sells. Not a big deal, but they cause unnecessary drag on the bolt.

Compared with other new pumps, for the money I would say it's hard to beat.

However, if I were looking for a primary pump now, I would buy a used CCM or a pumped cocker.

#4 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

I have one and they are awesome.  The stroke is a little stiff at first but it smooths out after some play time.  Also it's nice to have the hitman mod already installed depending on your play style.  They are super easy to clean and take care of, just pull up the pin and slide the bolt out.  For the price they really can't be beat.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#5 xXpball4lifeXx

xXpball4lifeXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

i have one they are very easy to maintain and they are hella durable i have had no problems with mine and for the price i dont think you can beat it. i hope this helps

#6 hyoung41

hyoung41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

does the gauge on the side bother your wrist when you pump it?

I imagine that could be an issue...

#7 Crashkt90

Crashkt90

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

I would never buy a CCM. Not worth the money.

Reverse Drop Forward Gloss Black Modified Stock Class Phantom

#8 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

to many people they are well worth the money, its the same thing with cars, many people will agree a bently isn't worth the money when you can get the same use out of a Mercedes for a fraction of the price, but the Bentley is a better build, luxury vehicle that overall is just nicer, so if you have the money why not.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#9 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

For me the gauge isn't an issue.  If you use the pump handle then your arm shouldn't really rub it and if you use the hitman mod like me your grip shouldn't be affected.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#10 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

For me the gauge isn't an issue.  If you use the pump handle then your arm shouldn't really rub it and if you use the hitman mod like me your grip shouldn't be affected.

i second that. and if for some reason it does get in the way you can remove it.

58pk.jpg

#11 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Empire snipers are great guns. However, for a first gun, test the waters with a used cocker or something. That way you won't be SOL if you don't dig pump play. Make sure you are semi savvy in teching cockers and such. A cheap pump will allow you to practice your on and off the field skills before you commit to a mid range pump. If you really are hell bent on jumping head first into pump, the only other OC pump guns in that price range are the Sanchez SM-1 and CCM S5 (used). Between the three I would head for the sniper if you are new to pump. It has a nice barrel kit and A/T. But again, don't spend 420 dollars on your first pump. 

Honestly, a well tuned CCM shoots better than anything else in my opinion. My ideal upgrade progression is go straight from a cheap pump to a CCM. Skip the stuff in the middle, if you're all ready gonna spend 420$, save up to 500 and start looking for a used S6 or T2. If weight is not a problem, go for an S5. They shoot as well as any other ccm.

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#12 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think many good points have been made, I wouldn't turn someone away from a CCM. A lot of good autocockers were converted to very nice snipers. I love the Empire Sniper they did a great job with what it is and it's a good price if weight and auto trigger are important to you. I would probably have one but can't justify it since I built a nice WGP Sniper from the ground up. The Empire has some benefits over my WGP but a nice WGP is quite competitive.

#13 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

Clearly you have never owned a CCM - they are the best value in paintball markers - great design, great materials, flawless execution and workmanship, superb feel, great reliability and function and the very best customer and technical service. 

Purchase an Ego or LUX for 1200-1400 now, in two years they are worth 600-700 bucks. Pay $700 for a CCM T2 now, in two years it is worth $600. So they are worth the money - well worth every penny.

Now to answer hyoung41’s question, I have several friends that have Empire Snipers and they all like them and feel they are a very good value. No need for any upgrades: great barrel kit, lever feed neck clamp, on/off asa, auto-trigger, hit-man mod, etc...

I think the Empire Sniper is the best thing to happen to paintball in a long time. it has introduced a lot of players to pumping. Making for better players, better manners, and a whole lot less spent on wasted paint.

Good Luck! 

Edited by David A., 10 August 2013 - 01:27 AM.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#14 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

I like the Empire Sniper. I'm glad Kee released it. Full featured and good quality, with a barrel kit and a stock class feed at a mid-market price. I don't think it would be a mistake to buy one. The only thing I'll say against them is that they are a bit generic. One body style, one frame style, just a few colors. They won't turn heads, at least among people who know pumps. For the same money or less, you could get a much more custom/personalized CCMed cocker pump built on an interesting body. If you don't care about that, or if you don't want a used/older gun, the Empire Sniper is a great option.

I think the Empire Sniper is the best thing to happen to paintball in a long time. it has introduced a lot of players to pumping. Making for better players, better manners, and a whole lot less spent on wasted paint.

While I agree that it's fantastic to have an industry leader like Kee promoting pump, another award for introducing new players to pump should go to Azodin. The Kaos Pump cost crazy short money for what you got with that gun. And you can still pick them up used for $100 or less if you're patient. Sure, they weren't regged (originally), and they don't come with an on/off...but for $100, they're great. I'd love to see Kee come into the low end of the pump market with a straightforward cocker-based midblock pump with no AT, a one-piece .680ish barrel, no stick feed, and a simple ASA for, say, $150.

Edited by Old Dude PB, 10 August 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#15 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

I often think WGP would still be around if they had focused on building snipers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users