61 replies to this topic

#1 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hey guys!:D

Im completely new to paintballing, and im wanting a good marker to help me start off with.

I dont have a team etc, im just looking to play at my local paintballing facility (delta force uk) yes im from england :P

My real big problem is, i see that many of the higher proffesional guns run on HPA and the only canister my local paintballing place accept is co2.

I was just wondering if the Tippermann Crossover can be used with co2 canister with a cobra coil?

sorry for the newbieness but yeah, im new haha..

Thanks guys!

sup g

#2 MikeBlahBlah

MikeBlahBlah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Yes you can use CO2 on a crossover and the cobra coil won't change anything either since it "Should" have the same threading as the top of your tank.

Have fun!

#3 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

i don't know about the crossover. but i know that this: http://www.ansgear.c...allgunextcy.htm  runs on CO2 and HPA.

EDIT: after looking at the tippmann website the crossover does indeed run on CO2

Edited by LUXOR54, 15 July 2013 - 02:46 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#4 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Unfortunately, no. I would recommend getting a gog extcy then buying an anti siphon tube for a 20 ounce tank. I wouldn't get the remote line either. Also, do you have a good mask, loader, and pod pack? I would buy those before the gun in that order (gun being last with tank and anti siphon). Hope this helps
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#5 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Unfortunately, no. I would recommend getting a gog extcy then buying an anti siphon tube for a 20 ounce tank. I wouldn't get the remote line either. Also, do you have a good mask, loader, and pod pack? I would buy those before the gun in that order (gun being last with tank and anti siphon). Hope this helps

on the tippmann website it says it will run on CO2.

so fortunately, yes.

#6 MikeBlahBlah

MikeBlahBlah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

so fortunately, yes.

Don't you hate when people just talk without knowing. lol :dodgy:

#7 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

so fortunately, yes.

Don't you hate when people just talk without knowing. lol :dodgy:

i know, right? i would be ashamed if i ever did something like that  ;)

#8 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

wow fast replies! i contacted a UK paintballing distributor and they said that because of the rate of fire of the cross, too much liquid nitrogen would be pulled out of the tank and cause everything to freeze up? are they just trying to make me buy more expensive markers or is this true?

sup g

#9 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

wow fast replies! i contacted a UK paintballing distributor and they said that because of the rate of fire of the cross, too much liquid nitrogen would be pulled out of the tank and cause everything to freeze up? are they just trying to make me buy more expensive markers or is this true?

it's true to an extent. but you don't always have to fire it that fast, or an anti-siphon would work. and on a side note: higher end electric markers are more sensitive to CO2, i would never use CO2 in a more expensive marker.

Edited by LUXOR54, 15 July 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#10 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

it's true to an extent. but you don't always have to fire it that fast, or an anti-siphon would work. and on a side note: higher end electric markers are more sensitive to CO2, i would never use CO2 in a more expensive marker.

Ah right okay, also, the GoG extcy... this looks like a pretty good beginner marker if it runs on co2, would you recommend me starting on this before upgrading?

sup g

#11 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

i would say so. i should just be clear that i have never shot one, nor a cross over. but i have shot the proto rail, which is essentially the GoG eXTCy. so i feel confident in saying it is a great beginner marker. you'll just have to change some parameters out of the box to accept CO2. 

just out of curiosity, what would you be planning on upgrading to in the future?

#12 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

i would say so. i should just be clear that i have never shot one, nor a cross over. but i have shot the proto rail, which is essentially the GoG eXTCy. so i feel confident in saying it is a great beginner marker. you'll just have to change some parameters out of the box to accept CO2. 

just out of curiosity, what would you be planning on upgrading to in the future?

Not too sure, maybe an Planet Eclipse Ego v1 if i decide to go further in the hobby, but as im wanting to just start, the GoG extcy atm looks like the ideal price for a beginner. However i didnt really have a budget to go by, the cheaper the better for a beginner is always the way forward!

Edited by jordandentt, 15 July 2013 - 03:34 PM.

sup g

#13 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Not too sure, maybe an Empire Ego v1 if i decide to go further in the hobby, but as im wanting to just start, the GoG extcy atm looks like the ideal price for a beginner. However i didnt really have a budget to go by, the cheaper the better for a beginner is always the way forward!

well the main reason you'd want the eXTCy is for the ability to change firing modes. if you're just playing semi you could always get this http://www.ansgear.c...nenmeyblack.htm

or this http://www.zephyrpai...metal-Blue.html

out of those two i would recommend the eNMEy. the eNMEy is essentially a semi only eXTCy. good for rec and woods ball.

Edited by LUXOR54, 15 July 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#14 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

although they look good, im wanting to be able to fire fast:p 

What would i have to do to make it use the co2 canisters straight out of the box, would it not run the co2 canisters from stock? (extcy)

sup g

#15 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

although they look good, im wanting to be able to fire fast:p 

What would i have to do to make it use the co2 canisters straight out of the box, would it not run the co2 canisters from stock? (extcy)

it's set up for HPA stock. when you read the manual it will tell you how to change a few setting so it will run on CO2 without issues.

Edited by LUXOR54, 15 July 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#16 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'd say go get the Enmey. Reason being is that it's only $130.00. It's semi auto only, however it can rip paint fairly easily. It's also a hot ticket item, so if you end up not liking paintball or  you just end up not going as often as you like and would want to sell, the Enmey goes about $100.00 used (Not many are on the used market because so many people like em)

If you can, try to buy used. Economically, it's the best decision. If you end up not liking what you get, more than likely you can sell and get most of your money back. Buy used and you'll be down a little bit.

Also, if You are dead set on going remote line, get a Psiworx Pro Connect 3. They are the original people to make all these PTC/CobraCoil/Connex System, and it's so easy to maintain a Pro Connect.

#17 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Also, if You are dead set on going remote line, get a Psiworx Pro Connect 3. They are the original people to make all these PTC/CobraCoil/Connex System, and it's so easy to maintain a Pro Connect.

Thanks very much for the reply, but i dont have a clue what you mean by this :P ahhaha

Also i think im going to get the extcy :P

sup g

#18 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

good call. you won't be disappointed.

#19 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Thanks very much for the reply, but i dont have a clue what you mean by this :P ahhaha

Get this system:
http://psiworx.com/p.../proconnect3-2/

Instead of a Cobra Coil. To maintain a cobra coil, in case anything goes wrong, you need like 5 different orings and a modified socket wrench. TO maintain a ProConnect 3, you just need ONE oring and needle nose pliers.

Proconnect Came out before the Cobra Coil, the Ninja PTC, and the Tippmann Connex system. They all work the same, however the ProConnect is more durable and is more simple to maintain.

Video:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iWZu9jF9R3k

#20 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

good call. you won't be disappointed.

Thanks man, appreciate your help! ill keep you posted on my adventure! 

sup g

#21 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Oh an also, i forgot to add, what would be a good hopper to use?

sup g

#22 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

the halo too is a good choice for an electronic hopper.

#23 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

may sound a bit dicky, but is there any good cheaper ones?

sup g

#24 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

may sound a bit dicky, but is there any good cheaper ones?

for sure there are!

http://www.ansgear.c...ta9ledblack.htm

#25 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

that looks brill to me! which is the best hopper around? wanna take a look :P

sup g

#26 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

depends what you mean by "best" these are the most expensive on the market currently

http://www.ansgear.c...loaderblack.htm

http://www.ansgear.c...hecyz2black.htm

http://www.ansgear.c...loaderblack.htm

http://www.zephyrpai...er---Black.html

personally i use a rotor.

#27 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

cant thank you all enough for the efficiency on the replies on this forum, top notch! 

sup g

#28 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

No problem. if you ever have any questions regarding anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

#29 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

With the eXTCy you have to remember to unplug the battery when you are done for the day. The Blackheart board likes to drain batteries

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#30 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

With the eXTCy you have to remember to unplug the battery when you are done for the day. The Blackheart board likes to drain batteries

thankyou!

sup g

#31 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

As for the hopper, the Fasta (already mentioned) is essentially a Pinokio.

http://www.ansgear.c...loadersmoke.htm

The Pinokio is a great loader, heavily recommended and liked by TechPB.  For new, nothing beats the price of the Fasta.

Do you have a mask?  I would recommend a good mask, it pays off.  Most people will say to buy the best mask you can afford.  Do you have a big, medium or small head? 

Edited by The Bacon Man, 15 July 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#32 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

As for the hopper, the Fasta (already mentioned) is essentially a Pinokio.

http://www.ansgear.c...loadersmoke.htm

The Pinokio is a great loader, heavily recommended and liked by TechPB.  For new, nothing beats the price of the Fasta.

Do you have a mask?  I would recommend a good mask, it pays off.  Most people will say to buy the best mask you can afford.  Do you have a big, medium or small head? 

a pretty big head hahah

sup g

#33 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

look at the JT proflex.

#34 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

These 2 fit most heads.

http://www.ansgear.c...exmaskblack.htm

http://www.ansgear.c...roflexblack.htm

This is usually recommended for big heads.

http://www.ansgear.c...llmaskblack.htm

#35 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Go enmey or buy a used cocker!!!! Mech will save paint while still allowing to shoot as fast as your fingers acan go. If you;re llookibg for a electro I would suggest the extcy.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#36 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

First off, 5 Internets to everybody for the most polite, informative thread I've seen in a while. Huzzah!

To Jordandentt, anything GoG is going to be able to take a beating and be easy to maintain to someone new. The Enmey is a good gun but if your like 99% of newbies your gonna want to upgrade to electro fairly quickly so your right with going with the Envy. (Then your going to want to go old school and play pump but thats for a later date).

I like the looks of the Proto Rail more but that completely personal/

I have a massive cranium myself and I haven't found a mask I like more than the JT Proflex. Although the Empire E-Flex is ultimately the same mask. Plus you can wear glasses underneath them if that applies.

#37 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

so fortunately, yes.
Oops, didn't know that, sorry for the misinformation.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#38 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Hi again guys, i bought the GoG eXTCy right, and i searched on youtube on how to set it up with co2, and this popped up..

As i said before, i can only use a co2 canister and i dont want this to happen to my marker :(

sup g

#39 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

from that video i cant really tell where the leak is coming from. could be the line (5$ fix) or could be a blow solenoid gasket (5$ fix) even my etek3 blew a gasket once. but if anything like that happens just call GoG up and they'll fix it for you. 

read pages 5 and 11 of the manual (especially the side bar on 11) they'll tell you exactly what to do for CO2

#40 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

from that video i cant really tell where the leak is coming from. could be the line (5$ fix) or could be a blow solenoid gasket (5$ fix) even my etek3 blew a gasket once. but if anything like that happens just call GoG up and they'll fix it for you. 

read pages 5 and 11 of the manual (especially the side bar on 11) they'll tell you exactly what to do for CO2

much appreciated! thanks

sup g

#41 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Odds are the distributor has no idea who they are hiring since the marker will run off CO2 or compressed air just fine.  Liquid nitrogen basically like dry ice in liquid form and won't be in your tank.  Regular nitrogen gas is almost never used in an air tank since air compressors are readily available.  Compressed air will cool your tank as you fire the marker and it expands in the tank.  It won't cause any damage to the marker or cause it to freeze up.

Cheers on the GoG.  It's a nice marker, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by XGC_Cheevo, 16 July 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#42 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Just been reading the manual of the extcy, and the anti siphon tube.. does that come in the tank already installed when you buy it? or do i myself have to install it into the tank myself, because the paintballing place only lets you use THEIR canisters, not your own :/

sup g

#43 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

ask them to see if theirs have one inside. from what i know unless you buy it like that, it's an after market accessory. http://www.ansgear.c...nco2tubekit.htm

i'm not an expert on CO2 so i really don't know all that much. but unless it's stated on the tank / box or by the shop, i would assume it doesn't have one in it.

#44 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

hopefully we will just be able to attach it to the tank, HOPEFULLY, fingers crossed!

sup g

#45 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

if you can't attach it, you can still play. just don't be going 30 bps full manic mode and you won't get CO2 sucked up into your marker.

#46 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

if you can't attach it, you can still play. just don't be going 30 bps full manic mode and you won't get CO2 sucked up into your marker.

oh right, just use semi?

oh right, just use semi?

sup g

#47 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

yup! if you can cap it, try and go 10 or below. you'll still out gun rentals, and won't run the risk of liquid CO2 

#48 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

yup! if you can cap it, try and go 10 or below. you'll still out gun rentals, and won't run the risk of liquid CO2 

ah right cool! btw, that hopper you gave me mate, i cant find it on any english paintballing websites, dont want to order off of a usa one because of shipping and the time it takes to get to me, could you maybe suggest a similar one within the same price range?

sup g

#49 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

closest thing i have in mind is the Halo too, other than that it's crappy continuous spinning hoppers. not worth it at all. spend the extra 20 and get the halo too if you can't get the fasta.

#50 jordandentt

jordandentt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

closest thing i have in mind is the Halo too, other than that it's crappy continuous spinning hoppers. not worth it at all. spend the extra 20 and get the halo too if you can't get the fasta.

whats this one like?

http://www.fatbobspa...oduct_info.html

sup g

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users