• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 username1387

username1387

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

See some really good deals for used markers so wana see if its a good idea.

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

two of the three markers i've owned this past year have been bought used. if i ever have the choice, i would buy used (depending on the condition and price) why would you pay full price for a marker when you could get one LNIB for 250$ less? as long as the person has good feedback, or you can see it in person, there's nothing to worry about.

EDIT: of the four markers i've bought used this year, forgot about the axe.

Edited by LUXOR54, 15 July 2013 - 06:51 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Of the 6 markers hanging on my wall, one of them was purchased brand new. No problem buying used at all.

#4 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Used is defiantly the way to go, out of all the guns I have bought, only one was new.

#5 username1387

username1387

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Of the 6 markers hanging on my wall, one of them was purchased brand new. No problem buying used at all.

What markers do u have

#6 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Used easily

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#7 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I say used IF you've done your homework and know a little about said marker so you know what your getting. For instance I know very little about DP markers so I would'nt feel as comfortable buying one used as opposed to some other guns.

#8 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

+1 to the heard. You can usually get used like new markers for a lot cheaper and spend the difference in money on paint. 

Also buying some stated broken markers at dirt cheap prices aren't that bad, just have them describe what is happening. Lots of the time something like an o-ring was improperly lubed or sliced or an air line was old to which they knocked off $150 because they thought it was the noid. Buying a broken dirt cheap marker is definitely a gamble, but lots of the time it works out quite well.

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,656 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Used is better, you save a whole lot of money. Alot of the time the manufacturer really doesn't care if the gun is used, they'll still fix it. Just make sure you ask around to make sure you are getting the right price and test everything to make sure it is as described.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Every marker I've owned (60+ now) has been used, other than two.

There is hardly a risk, unless you're very dumb about it. Just follow the correct methods of purchasing an item and it's normally a worry free experience.

Some pro tips-

1) Never gift a payment via paypal (unless you know the person). Always add the extra $ to cover the fees.

2) always check someones feedback, make sure it's credible.

Ex: they may have 10+ positive feedback, but if it's not not credible feedback (such as markers, or other expensive stuff) then the 10+ positive they earned selling people stickers for a quick positive rating may just be a setup for a larger item scam, like a marker. Go through their feedback, make sure they've got a good seller rep.

3) Have good communication. If you purchase something get as much info as possible, I always try and get a phone number, etc. Just in case something goes wrong I have the fastest way to contact them about it.

All this being said, Used is the way to go.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Used is a great way to buy things.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#12 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

What markers do u have

2 Ions

Spyder RS

Dual Stingrays

2011 Rail

Oops, forgot about my Tippmann sl-68II.

So out of 7 markers, only the Rail is brand new.

#13 EmpireShire

EmpireShire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

i bought a used axe on craigslist for under 300. the best way to insure that you are getting what you are paying for is to have the person you are buying from make a shooting video on youtube or something and put your name in the title. the only thing that was wrong with my axe was the guage on the reg was set to 290psi rather than 190psi, which was an easy fix.

overall , if i had the chance to do it again , i wouldn't hesitate

Edited by EmpireShire, 15 July 2013 - 08:28 PM.

TEAM FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook...hifterPaintball

TEAM YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.c.../ShapeShifterPB  *New content will be up shortly

#14 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

Got a used, upped G6R for like 450 including fees. You can find really good deals if you look hard enough and know what you're doing, and are smart about checking feedback and the like.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#15 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Aside from my first marker 17 years ago, I've never bought new.  Used just means they already come with character.

#16 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

The only "new" marker I have is my t2(Dem colors). Other than that all i buy is used.

RAWR?

#17 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

all but one of my markers have been used, personally I wan't a new gun, I hate used gear. I like to open the box and know that I'm the only person to use the gun. It eliminates any guesswork associated with a used gun that may have been mistreated by a previous owner. I play with used guns because it's all I can afford :(

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

If you buy from people that arent morons or untrusyworthy the guns history doesnt even really matter.

#19 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

as great as the used market can be for lots of things, I just find a certain satisfaction and joy of buying something shiny and new with the "new ____ smell". I will buy used for less expensive things or projects or trying something new, such as my first pump gun. But for high end, nice things, new is the only way to go for me. I don't want any sort of scratches or blemishes on my new hotness. Maybe if it was a local deal and I could see the item with my own eyes and hands, then I may go used.

#20 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I used to NEVER buy used. I spent a shit load of money and still had a mid end setup. Then I looked at used stuff and now i have a high end setup for cheaper than my mid end setup
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#21 Night Fury

Night Fury

Masshole

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

A used marker in decent condition will serve you well and save you a pretty penny. I'm a proponent of trying to find an older supergun, something that sold for $1000 back between '06 and '09. They are a few hundred bucks and will work fine unless you are competing at a high level.

Posted Image

#22 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Out of all of the markers that I own, and have owned, over the last five years, one, maybe two of them, were new.  Everything else that I get is used.  And with little to no problems with them at all.

#23 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

I've bought two used markers so far.  The first I took to go play with and wouldn't shoot (tiberius 8) but it was a very simple fix just a spring on the bolt I believe was not put back on correctly.  Took my pro shop maybe 5 minutes to identify and fix it so no issues.

The other I bought off of pbn was a Marq 7 the person had some feedback for his 2 masks, hopper, tank, and didnt play much so hadn't used it in a while I guess.  Unfortunately the noid was blown and after contacting the person we ended up splitting it (I offered to split it b/c I wanted to keep it and he was quick to respond and apologetic so made me feel like it wasn't known).  That being said you can get a lot more gun for the money and probably would go that way still but just get a shooting video and make sure they have good feedback for selling markers preferably, but like I said the guy was willing to have it returned etc and wanted to work it out so in the end it worked out just cost closer to what the gun was really worth used lol.

#24 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

As everyone has said, used is generally the best, and not just for markers. I bought my Prophecy used for $40, my Ninja 68/45 with 3.5 years of life for $65 used. So $105 vs $280...not too hard of a choice. I like to buy soft goods new generally just because I get a little grossed out about the though of someone else sweating in my gear, but as for tanks, hoppers, markers, and certain accessories I have no problem buying used. As everyone has said, check their feedback. Make sure they have at least 2 larger items on their feedback history, meaning over $200 I would say, along with a few other small things. Also, don't be afraid to haggle some. I know on here it's not as easy but on PbN if a marker has been sitting for 2 weeks with no replies and the seller has decent feedback, I will low ball them knowing they'll come down in price a little bit. People say it's mean but it's a buyer's market right now, so have at it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users