Photo

What are some good barrels for the Tippmann 98 Custom?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MiamiiDragon

MiamiiDragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting some new barrels for my Tippmann 98 Custom. I am not focused on range, I am focused on ACCURACY. By that, I mean the accuracy and consistency of the gun, NOT how well of a shooter I am.

I own a flatline barrel, and it really helps out-range my opponents, but when it comes down to the accuracy, I know there are some more barrels out there that are a lot more accurate. What do you guys suggest? Please don't suggest a barrel if you only have a vague idea on it, I want to be sure, because I'm spending my money on this stuff. Help is really appreciated :)

#2 c-town

c-town

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

14 inch cp 1 piece best barrel for 30$

#3 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

sadly, we've tested barrel extensively over on the PunkWorks section of this site and we can say with high levels of certainty that no barrel we tested was more accurate than any other.

We tested one piece, two piece, stock, aftermarket, rifled, small bore, large bore, from 10" to 21". they all shot the same.

As long as it's clean and of moderate quality it'll shoot about the same. The largest factor, by far, was paint. Buy better paint.

Now, we did find that underboring gave better efficiency and consistency, while overboring gave good consistency but poor efficiency.

#4 axxo209

axxo209

G3 pwn's you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

Cp one piece are IMO the most accurate barrels on the market. And they are only $30. I would get either 12" or 14"

G3 Owners#4~Rotor Owners~Ninja Tank Club#4~V-Force Owners#17Parents Don't Pay(council)
If your parents don't pay for your gear CLICK HERE!!!!!

#5 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

Cp one piece are IMO the most accurate barrels on the market. And they are only $30. I would get either 12" or 14"

I've tested them - they're exactly as accurate as the two piece barrels or stock Cocker barrels or Dye barrels or empire twister rifled barrels - all barrels, unless they're horribly, visibly damaged are the same for accuracy.

#6 showard54

showard54

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:34 AM

CP one piece great barrel
Current Setup -
SP-1, CP Tactical W/Apex Tip, Python Kit, Ninja 68/45, Halo B W/Rip, Proto Pro Axis W/Yellow Lense

#7 Captain Canada

Captain Canada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

Any thoughts on the flatline?

#8 mattsegui

mattsegui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

what are you looking for you can get alot of settings as far as distance and accuracy if you get an apex
92 % Of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your the 8% that would be laughing your *** off put this in your sig.
if ur under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users