14 replies to this topic

#1 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

So, in an attempt to grow my hair faster to grow some Dreadlocks, and need my hair to grow just a few more inches I'm thinking about going on a raw food diet(there is some things I will cook though, like tomatoes), since everywhere I read about growing hair faster has to deal with consuming tons of Vitamin A&E

Has anyone attempted a raw food diet with success or is it a giant pain in the ass?

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Just be patient and let your body do its thing, instead of trying to force it too. If man was meant to eat raw food, we wouldn't have invented fire and BBQ. :P

#3 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

well it was also an attempt to slim my stomach down at the same time... 

New chapter in my life and want to leave my old Appearances behind. :P

#4 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

You don't need some sort of fancy hippy diet to slim your waistline, just work out and burn more calories than you consume.

#5 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

I fail to understand how not cooking food makes you slim down. As long as you arent adding tons of butter and oil when cooking, the calories are exactly the same.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#6 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

I fail to understand how not cooking food makes you slim down. As long as you arent adding tons of butter and oil when cooking, the calories are exactly the same.

It's mainly how people cook. They add in lots of salt, fats, and other things, because they make the food taste better. Plus, depending on how you cook it, food can lose nutrients in the cooking process. Like if you were to boil frozen greenbeans instead of steaming them, they can lose a lot of their nutrients because it gets boiled out of them. It's why the water might be greenish when you dump it out after boiling them.

#7 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

You don't need some sort of fancy hippy diet to slim your waistline, just work out and burn more calories than you consume.

Damn hippy's

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#8 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

This and you also don't want to look at it as a diet you are just going to do for a bit then go back to eating what you were before after losing 30lbs or whatever your goal is.  To make a real change and stay that way you need to make a lifestyle change with what you eat, and your workouts.  Too many yo-yo diets where you lose a bunch only to put it back on a few months/year later.  Then you are normally even worse off then before b/c you lost some muscle when losing weight and added back primarily fat.  Just remember if didn't take 3 months to get into the shape you currently are in, so don't plan on it taking only 3 months to get to where you want to be either.  

#9 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Well I just want to Try it, I'm not like in desperate need to loose my Belly or grow my hair in the next 5 weeks.  I just want to see if it's worth trying, I'm not going to eat EVERYTHING Raw. I'm still going to consume some Dairy and Cheese, and you still have to cook tomatoes for somethings...  I just want to know if someone has tried it and gotten sick as hell.

#10 Scorpian

Scorpian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

Hi guys, not to necropost but i just wanted to chime in with some quick info, hair grows at a fairly constant rate of aproximately half an inch a month, and is not effected by diet. While there are synthetic chemicals that will cause your hair to grow faster (in some cases) all a raw food diet is likely to do to your hair is add some extra shine, courtesy of the vitamins a&e. If you have some health reasons for choosing a raw food diet than you'll find nothing but encouragement from me, but if it's just a hair thing i'd recomend spending the cash on paintball ;P

#11 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

^that is not what happens to me. My hair grows half an inch every 2-3 weeks
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#12 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

I tell ya what, it doesn't matter who you talk to, veggies are ALWAYS a good thing to eat

Raw, steamed, etc

Like it was mentioned above, some people are trying to just get past the many unhealthy ways veggies are cooked. Boiled in butter, salt, etc

If you can eat them raw, good on you. But steaming them won't kill you either. 

#13 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

You dont need raw food dude? You need vitamins. Biotin in 5000mcg to 10000mcg will make your hair go like crazy. Girls and even some guys use it all the time to fix a bad haircut. It is a flushable b vitamin so your body cant get to much anything it doesnt use it pee's out. And best of all its dirt cheap walmart gnc vitamin world sell it for about 9.99 for a 2 month supply.

#14 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Doesn't work; it's a myth for a reason

/thread

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#15 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Dat gravedig tho.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users