• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xerothermal

xerothermal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm new to pump paintball, and want to get in to it. I'm looking at getting a CCI Phantom, but have a couple questions pertaining to different parts.

1) What is the difference between SC and VSC, and is the price difference worth it

2) What are 45 grips? Again, is the price difference worth it (I think it's only $10, but still...)

3) How/where do you get the acrylic parts kit? I can't seem to find them on the CCI website.

Thanks!

Edited by xerothermal, 21 July 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm new to pump paintball, and want to get in to it. I'm looking at getting a CCI Phantom, but have a couple questions pertaining to different parts.

1) What is the difference between SC and VSC, and is the price difference worth it. the VSC phantom has a "vertical" quick changer for the 12g CO2, right in front of the trigger. the SC has the changer built into the body coming out just below the feed tube. price difference is worth it depending on how you want it

2) What are 45 grips? Again, is the price difference worth it (I think it's only $10, but still...)  the .45 grips are the pannel style grips you will find on a 1911 .45 colt, compared to the standard plastic AR-15 style grip. i think it's worth it, i love .45 frames

3) How/where do you get the acrylic parts kit? I can't seem to find them on the CCI website. http://www.phantomonline.com/ should pop up as soon as you enter the site, email them for a dealer or to see if you can order it from them. 

Thanks!

EDIT: color kits! limited colors though http://www.paintball...com/accoki.html

.45 style grips:

1911co-45-t-c3.png

compared to AR style grips 

S_Claw_3627_LR.jpg

hope this helps!

Edited by LUXOR54, 21 July 2013 - 10:38 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

1) What is the difference between SC and VSC, and is the price difference worth it? Sc is Horizontal, it comes out the back of the marker rather than vertically in front of the trigger gaurd like the VSC.  

2) What are 45 grips? Again, is the price difference worth it (I think it's only $10, but still...) Grips at a 45* angle like the colt 1911, I prefer any grip to the CCI 45*, Sheridan 45's are much more comfortable in my opinion. It really depends on the person.

Thanks!

Edited by bowmasta, 22 July 2013 - 12:55 AM.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#4 FrankW

FrankW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

I think there's less of a chance of you getting liquid co2 into the valve body with vsc, but you get slightly better efficiency with bba (out the back of the gun). That what I hear anyway. Liquid co2 will give you velocity variations. It's really more personal preference though. It's distracting to me having the changer in my face, so I go vsc. You could always get both. A bba valve body isn't that expensive. That's one of the nice things about phantoms, things aren't ridiculously overpriced.

If you were going to order a new one, I would suggest calling Mike at CCI and ask him your questions about the different options. He's a really nice guy, plus it's cool to be able to talk to the guy who makes them! :)

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

The .45 grips are rubber hogue grips IIRC.   Well worth the cost IMO and its easier to mount a bottomline on the .45 lower frame as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pump, phantom, vsc, sc, 45 grip, cci

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users