• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 midjetpaintballer

midjetpaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

went to kijiji and a guys selling a dangerous power g4 for $170 used for aproxx 1 season of speed ball

#2 Kidstatic

Kidstatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

I would go with a g5 I'm very happy with mine. But if the g4 was well maintained then go for it!

#3 Samtipps

Samtipps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Don't. I had mine and sold it for $180 but man bolt stick was a pain in the ass and took my a while to fix. I'd say g5 like him or just get a better marker.

#4 midjetpaintballer

midjetpaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

yha im going for a g3 now

#5 skulltrail

skulltrail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

I love the DP markers, i had a g3 and it was awesome. I also had the g4 and bolt stick wasn't a problem just lube the gun and keep it well maintained, my friend bought the g5 and it was OK for the first game day, 2 weeks later air leak out the raps and the back of the bolt. it was just annoying. id say the only difference between the g3 and g4 is that the g4 uses a micro switch board instead of g3 optical unless your g3 is the R spec gun.but g5 isn't really big of an upgrade except the hoseless frame and redesigned trigger , g3 or g4 or g5 no big difference. but for the money i got to say a DP G series marker delivers nice performance   

Current Equipment: Dangerous Power Fusion FX Black/Lime Green, Empire Mini Black, Empire 68/4500, Guirila 48/3000 stubby, Empire prophecy Z2, Halo Too, Dye I4, Eflex. Freak barrel kit, NXE Elevation 4pod pack, Empire Liquid 3pod pack, Planet Eclipce Overload Knee & Elbow Pads, Empire Preavail TW Pants & Jersey

#6 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

I love the DP markers, i had a g3 and it was awesome. I also had the g4 and bolt stick wasn't a problem just lube the gun and keep it well maintained, my friend bought the g5 and it was OK for the first game day, 2 weeks later air leak out the raps and the back of the bolt. it was just annoying. id say the only difference between the g3 and g4 is that the g4 uses a micro switch board instead of g3 optical unless your g3 is the R spec gun.but g5 isn't really big of an upgrade except the hoseless frame and redesigned trigger , g3 or g4 or g5 no big difference. but for the money i got to say a DP G series marker delivers nice performance

The hoseless frame and the redesigned trigger make a huge difference over the leaky g4 macroline and the crap g4 trigger

Edited by Pvlacrosse14, 25 July 2013 - 09:31 AM.

My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#7 Bill_B

Bill_B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

I still say G3 all day.

Still own mine, and still use it.

#8 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

If you want a g-series marker which I don't understand why because they're not good IMO then buy yourself a g3 r spec or a g5... I hate the g-series so I don't suggest getting one but if your dead set on getting one then go ahead, it's not my problem when you're going to be upset because it shoots like dogshit
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#9 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

The hoseless frame and the redesigned trigger make a huge difference over the leaky g4 macroline and the crap g4 trigger

Crappy trigger? What was so crappy about it, full metal, duel bearings,4 points of adjustment, microswitch and a had a nice curve to it with a fully radiused front. It is 100x better than the extcy trigger and people praise that shit like its a god. The hoseless frame is cool but I prefer macroline anyway. The G4 was a great gun for me and shot tits with the techt bolt engine.

#10 midjetpaintballer

midjetpaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

i have a new topic thing here (it involes the same gun and more) http://www.techpb.co...opic=221198&hl=:

#11 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Crappy trigger? What was so crappy about it, full metal, duel bearings,4 points of adjustment, microswitch and a had a nice curve to it with a fully radiused front. It is 100x better than the extcy trigger and people praise that shit like its a god. The frame is cool but I prefer macroline anyway. The G4 was a great gun for me and shot tits with the techt bolt engine.
First off, when did I ever say that the extcy trigger was good? Second what made it crappy was that it had a shit ton of side to side play, and it was as smooth as sandpaper. I hated the shape of the g4 trigger. I agree its better than the extcy trigger, but I never said that the extcy trigger was good so don't go off on a rant for no damn reason

#12 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Crappy trigger? What was so crappy about it, full metal, duel bearings,4 points of adjustment, microswitch and a had a nice curve to it with a fully radiused front. It is 100x better than the extcy trigger and people praise that shit like its a god. The frame is cool but I prefer macroline anyway. The G4 was a great gun for me and shot tits with the techt bolt engine.
First off, when did I ever say that the extcy trigger was good? Second what made it crappy was that it had a shit ton of side to side play, and it was as smooth as sandpaper. I hated the shape of the g4 trigger. I agree its better than the extcy trigger, but I never said that the extcy trigger was good so don't go off on a rant for no damn reason

The one thing DP does right on all their guns in my opinion is the triggers. 

#13 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

i agree

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#14 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

i agree

with my statement or his?

#15 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

yours.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#16 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Idk, IMO dangerous power triggers other than the g5 suck, the g5 is alright.

#17 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

If you want a g-series marker which I don't understand why because they're not good IMO then buy yourself a g3 r spec or a g5... I hate the g-series so I don't suggest getting one but if your dead set on getting one then go ahead, it's not my problem when you're going to be upset because it shoots like dogshit

Hush you, you know next to nothing about markers in general.

Time for another copy/paste of my older post.

I honestly think the G5 is not as good of a marker as the previous G series from Dangerous Power. So if you want a good tip about Dangerous Power markers, read this.

The G3 is a much more quality marker for the price you will be paying for it when compared to other G series markers, as well as other markers in it price and end range.

Reason being for this is because Amazone ended up buying out Dangerous Power shortly after the G3 was produced. The orignal Dangerous Power guys made the Fusion 7 & 8, the Threshold & Rev-i, and the G3 & G3 Spec-R. Amazone made the G4, G5, E1, and Fusion X. Amazone produced Dangerous Power markers have many corners cut when put into production. They are made of much poorer quality aluminum and the electronics in them are also garbage. For example. On the G4, many of the eye covers end up snapping in half when tightened a little too much. This is because of the poorer quality materials used to make them as well as very poorly thought out tension points. The original owners of Dangerous Power knew what they were doing and had the customer in mind above all else. Whereas Amazone simply wants your money and tries to cut as many corners as it can to ensure they get the most out of your money, instead of you getting the most out of your money.

The G5 is made out of the same poorer quality aluminum. Moreover if you were to purchase an G5, you would really need to pray every night and before every game in hopes that the G5 bolt will not start rubbing/gouging out the breech. This has been a problem on more than one occassion and have seen it on a few forums. The bolt begins to rub the bottom of the breech and the metal starts be chipped away by the bolt because it is not properly seated. SO far there really hasn't been a fix for this problem. While the G-series markers and the G5 are very simplistic in design, the G3 is, overall, the best designed out of the bunch. It is made to take a beating and keep going. Moreover, the G5's internals are nearly the same, BUT a key factor is that Amazone decided to put a lip inside the chamber which has made TechT have to go to the drawing boards. They've gone so far as to say there'sd a possibility of them not even making a bolt engine for the G5... Very depressing.

Used G3s are going for as low as $75 in some cases. You probably payed triple that for a G5. That additional $150 you'd keep by purchasing a G3 can go towards an A.P.E. board or a TechT bolt engine. When these two upgrades are used in unison, tuned and worn in, it can easily shoot just like the high end spools you see the pros play with... And you'd be spending a fraction of the cost. For being an older marker than the G5, with those two upgrades it is leaps and bounds better than the G5. The only "nice feature" the G5 has going for it is the hoseless design... Not all that significant.

Most people complain about the G-series markers going down when 99% of the time it is from bolt stick. Either because they didn't clean off and replace the DP-40 lube, put too much DOW33 on the bolt, didn't know the difference between DOW55 and DOW33, or simply didn't know how to take care of it. The only other real issue is the solenoid, though not a big issue, is stillone I feel like needs to be addressed. The second-most problematic component with the G3(really any G-series marker) is the solenoid. The great thing is, is that you can service the solenoid yourself, super easy stuff compared to most other marekrs. AND if it came down to it and you had to buy a new solenoid. They are $35 new, pretty much a third or a quarter the price of most other marker solenoids.

This is all coming from a guy that has shot and owns several different high to low-end markers. The G3 is truely a diamond in the rough, you just need to know what you are doing with it and ignore all the assclowns who think DP is garbage, "just because it's a low end." Hater gunna hate always.

Hope this opened your, and possibly others, eyes a bit.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#18 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Well said, your experience with DP exceeds mine but, I have had nothing with good experiences with DP.

#19 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hush you, you know next to nothing about markers in general.

Time for another copy/paste of my older post.

I honestly think the G5 is not as good of a marker as the previous G series from Dangerous Power. So if you want a good tip about Dangerous Power markers, read this.

The G3 is a much more quality marker for the price you will be paying for it when compared to other G series markers, as well as other markers in it price and end range.

Reason being for this is because Amazone ended up buying out Dangerous Power shortly after the G3 was produced. The orignal Dangerous Power guys made the Fusion 7 & 8, the Threshold & Rev-i, and the G3 & G3 Spec-R. Amazone made the G4, G5, E1, and Fusion X. Amazone produced Dangerous Power markers have many corners cut when put into production. They are made of much poorer quality aluminum and the electronics in them are also garbage. For example. On the G4, many of the eye covers end up snapping in half when tightened a little too much. This is because of the poorer quality materials used to make them as well as very poorly thought out tension points. The original owners of Dangerous Power knew what they were doing and had the customer in mind above all else. Whereas Amazone simply wants your money and tries to cut as many corners as it can to ensure they get the most out of your money, instead of you getting the most out of your money.

The G5 is made out of the same poorer quality aluminum. Moreover if you were to purchase an G5, you would really need to pray every night and before every game in hopes that the G5 bolt will not start rubbing/gouging out the breech. This has been a problem on more than one occassion and have seen it on a few forums. The bolt begins to rub the bottom of the breech and the metal starts be chipped away by the bolt because it is not properly seated. SO far there really hasn't been a fix for this problem. While the G-series markers and the G5 are very simplistic in design, the G3 is, overall, the best designed out of the bunch. It is made to take a beating and keep going. Moreover, the G5's internals are nearly the same, BUT a key factor is that Amazone decided to put a lip inside the chamber which has made TechT have to go to the drawing boards. They've gone so far as to say there'sd a possibility of them not even making a bolt engine for the G5... Very depressing.

Used G3s are going for as low as $75 in some cases. You probably payed triple that for a G5. That additional $150 you'd keep by purchasing a G3 can go towards an A.P.E. board or a TechT bolt engine. When these two upgrades are used in unison, tuned and worn in, it can easily shoot just like the high end spools you see the pros play with... And you'd be spending a fraction of the cost. For being an older marker than the G5, with those two upgrades it is leaps and bounds better than the G5. The only "nice feature" the G5 has going for it is the hoseless design... Not all that significant.

Most people complain about the G-series markers going down when 99% of the time it is from bolt stick. Either because they didn't clean off and replace the DP-40 lube, put too much DOW33 on the bolt, didn't know the difference between DOW55 and DOW33, or simply didn't know how to take care of it. The only other real issue is the solenoid, though not a big issue, is stillone I feel like needs to be addressed. The second-most problematic component with the G3(really any G-series marker) is the solenoid. The great thing is, is that you can service the solenoid yourself, super easy stuff compared to most other marekrs. AND if it came down to it and you had to buy a new solenoid. They are $35 new, pretty much a third or a quarter the price of most other marker solenoids.

This is all coming from a guy that has shot and owns several different high to low-end markers. The G3 is truely a diamond in the rough, you just need to know what you are doing with it and ignore all the assclowns who think DP is garbage, "just because it's a low end." Hater gunna hate always.

Hope this opened your, and possibly others, eyes a bit.
Ok man, it was an opinion. I have owned and shot the g3, g3 spec r, the g4, and the g5. I don't think that they're good markers. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Don't tell me I know nothing about markers because I do. You don't know me or what I know. You havr more knowledge of dangerous power guns then I do but don't tell me I don't know about markers in general. I don't hate the dangerous power guns because they're low end guns. I like some low end guns such as the extcy and the mini. I don't like dangerous power because I have never shot a dangerous power market that was better than anything else in its price point. All my dangerous power guns have leaked and have had bolt stick. In my opinion (remember its an opinion) I think dangerous power markers are crap.

Don't say I don't know what I'm talking about and don't call me an assclown. You have no right to. I do know what I'm talking about. If you think dangerous power markers are the holy grail of markers, I don't care. Go buy your gun and shoot it. I really couldn't care less what you shoot, it's not my problem if your gun leaks 2/3 times. Don't tell people that they don't know what they're talking about because you're just being an asshole by telling people pretty much to their face that they are stupid.

Maybe this will open up your eyes

#20 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

The only markers I have owned that had chronic leaks were my Closer, 98c, Ego8 Legend and WGP pump.

Also in case you didn't notice... That entire post, spare the first sentence, was a copy/paste. Since so many people ask about the G3, G4, and G5 I just copy/paste my older post instead of starting from scratch every time. You threw yourself in the "assclown" group, I was just making a general statement towards most of the people who make remarks about the G-series markers.

The only places a G-series would typically leak from would be the breech, the solenoid and the ASA. ALL are a quick fix and all require either a new o-ring, lube, or both. Some people just don't understand the simple concept of taking care of a marker. I don't praise Dangerous Power, nor am I a fanboy. I just know a metric shit ton about them and their potential, while most other people just write them off as a garbage low-end when they start leaking. Whereas if their high-end started leaking, "it was fine because I sent it into *insert company here* and they fixed it. I LOVE THIS GUN."

I see it all the time.

My low end sucks, it leaks.

*Flipside*

My highend leaked, but I sent it in and the company fixed it, I love this gun yayay <3 highends.

#21 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

As I said before, my experience with dangerous power was that all their markers leak constantly. A leak is a leak. It doesn't matter if its an easy fix or not because if it leaks while you're on the field, you're going to be pissed whether its a fitting leak or a solenoid leak. If a marker leaks more often then not, then it's a problem in my book. I don't like dangerous power guns for a reason, not just because they are "low ends". I have a g6r and when it leaks, it's annoying as f*ck. I don't give 2 shits that its a highend. In the time I had my g6r the leak was from a bad oring and I haven't had any since. Most people have a reason for disliking a company.

#22 i-707

i-707

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

dp guns are good for the price but you have to maintain them. one problem with the guns are the oringless bolt i have seen in the past where the oring does not seat properly and the oring gets streched at the tip of the bolt and wheres it out and further more the orings are a B**ch to replace and when the oring gets streched in a game your fps and accuracy go down and some times it wont fire. if you want a good used gun i would go with a axe or a mini they will get you where you need to be with almost no hickups i have a mini and i put about 10 cases thrue it and got the spring kit, bolt, and on/off asa and it works great. i dont realy care for dp guns but if i had to choose between a rental (tipman, empire er1 the more basic guns) i would go with the db or mini

#23 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

So your G6R has had a leak/leaks as well as your Dangerous Power(s), yet DP is the only one you are complaining about.

Strange.

#24 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

^yup because the oring was shredded from the guy I bought it from. From then on it was great. The dp was purchased new by me and I babied it yet it still had leaks... Many of them

Plus, as I said in the post before I was annoyed about the leak, I didn't care that it was a highend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users