• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jacklafreniere21

jacklafreniere21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

So I have been looking to get a new barrel for my 2011 Proto Rail and I am leaning towards getting a 14" CP One piece. I am just not sure what bore size to choose. The barrel that comes stock with the Rail is an 11" 0.69 bore. The accuracy is okay, but I wasn't sure if that would be too much of an overbore with the paint I use (RPS Marbillizer). I was thinking about getting a bore size of 0.685 or 0.687-0.69. Also, I play in New Hampshire about once or twice a month (If that makes a difference with bore size). Any suggestions?

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Your accuracy is completely unaffected by a barrel, provided it is clean and undamaged. Overboring on a gun as inefficient as the Rail makes little difference either.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

if you are overboring, id go something like .687ish. Changing bore size wont measurably affect accuracy unless its an extreme underbore. The main factors of accuracy are cleanliness (of the barrel, breech of the gun, inside of the hopper and pods), and the quality of paint you shoot. Marbs are on the higher end side, so you are fine there. 

#4 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

It all depends on location... If you're located in the northeast part of the u.s, a .682-685 should do do well but if you're in the south such as Florida or Arizona, I would get a .689
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#5 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

I use a .678 on marbs with no problem. Its a pretty big underbore but it works.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#6 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Personally I like to over bore, that way you know you can shoot whatever paint you want.  I never saw a big difference in bore sizes.

#7 Skinny_ev

Skinny_ev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

i live in the south so my paint can swell in the matter of an hour or 2. I feel over bore is better. 

Edited by Skinny_ev, 28 July 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#8 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

OP, what country do you live in. If you live in the US, what state? It will help us give you an answer that will actually help you
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#9 Forrest99

Forrest99

Impulsive buyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#10 NICKMISIU

NICKMISIU

Smartass of forever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

If you live in a humid climate, overbore, which you are already doing so you dont NEED a new barrel. If you live in a more stable cooler area, underbore if you want. If your area is mixed climate (yay canada!) then I would get a freak system if you think you need it.

Doesn't matter what gun you have, how old you are, what paint you shoot, who your up against, how bad of a day you had... All that matters is that your playing paintball now.

#11 jacklafreniere21

jacklafreniere21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

OP, what country do you live in. If you live in the US, what state? It will help us give you an answer that will actually help you

If you live in a humid climate, overbore, which you are already doing so you dont NEED a new barrel. If you live in a more stable cooler area, underbore if you want. If your area is mixed climate (yay canada!) then I would get a freak system if you think you need it.

Didn't mean to confuse, but I live in New Hampshire and I play once or twice a month....

#12 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

If you want a new barrel, I'd underbore. You'll get a few more shots out of your gas hog Rail (I have one) and if you happen to buy a pump in the future, you'll have a barrel that can stop rollouts. I'd look at a 12" or 14" barrel between .678 and .680. That will add capability to your gear collection, and if you run into huge paint, you'll have the .690 stock barrel to fall back on.

Edited by Old Dude PB, 02 August 2013 - 09:12 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users