• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jcsciarappa

jcsciarappa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

First off how is the barrel that comes with the gog g-1, and secondly any suggestions on good barrels to upgrade to? thanks.

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Why upgrade? The stock barrel works fine, and you won't get any accuracy improvement with any other barrel.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

The stock barrel is as good as any aftermarket one as far as accuracy is concerned.  It is much louder though.

I would recommend a 14 inch J&J one piece.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 24 July 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

No benefit on an aftermarket barrel with a G1, its not efficient enough for underboring to be worth it, and as has been said it won't affect accuracy. All you will achieve is ruining the look of the gun.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 24 July 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

No benefit on an aftermarket barrel with a G1, its not efficient enough for underboring to be worth it, and as has been said it won't affect accuracy. All you will achieve is ruining the look of the gun.

I strongly disagree.

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

I strongly disagree.

When people put a polished black barrel on a dust black gun, or a stupid ribbed tip CP barrel on the gun, makes me sick. 

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

I strongly disagree.

When people put a polished black barrel on a dust black gun, or a stupid ribbed tip CP barrel on the gun, makes me sick. 

That's where the J&J barrel comes in, it has a ton of porting and keeps the tactical appearance.

#8 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

I strongly disagree.

That's where the J&J barrel comes in, it has a ton of porting and keeps the tactical appearance.

Still no benefit to using it.

#9 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

apex 2 ftw

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Eh, I dunno the stock SP-1/G-1 barrel just feels cheap to me.  Probably falling victim to the very thing I hate I guess.

#11 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

Eh, I dunno the stock SP-1/G-1 barrel just feels cheap to me.  Probably falling victim to the very thing I hate I guess.

i think that's just because the anodizing on SP / GoG barrels have always felt.. a little bit chalky

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

i think that's just because the anodizing on SP / GoG barrels have always felt.. a little bit chalky

That's probably it, the ID finish is good from what I can tell.

#13 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

I don't know why suddenly everyone thinks barrels are a bad investment on this forum... No, you wont get better accuracy. No, you might not get much better efficiency. But porting can actually make a huge difference in the sound signature of a gun. There is a reason why nearly everyone owned a Dye Ultralight back a couple years ago. Damn things have a shit load of porting. That was THE barrel to have. At least, that and the freak. Barrels can make a big difference. And if you stick with autococker threads, its not something you'll lose money on. Ok, yea you can buy barrels that dont look good on your gun. But its hard for you not to have the option to find a barrel with a matching finish. Or at least something that looks good. Not hard. And it isnt all that expensive. Two days of play. maybe three. Less if you get something like a CP or Lurker. Or (why do I dare say this?) a Disruptive barrel....

#14 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

No barrel upgrade really helps much, in the woods the apex 2 might help because it allows you to curve shots but I would stick with stock
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gog, g 1, gog g 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users