• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Halvorson

Halvorson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Hey guys, so I got my eye on a marker, the pm6 UL. As of right now I have a tippy 98 and a piranha r6? I think. Anyways, I was looking around and found this pm6 UL for $175 used. What are some precautions I should take on buying used?

Notes: has the proto on/off ASA.

Thanks!

Edited by Halvorson, 25 July 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#2 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

It has horrible efficiency. Otherwise you should be fine
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#3 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Ya if you're looking for a gun that you could unload like 10 pods off 1 fill, keep looking. This gun is mainly for speedball where ear is easily accessible in between games
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#4 Halvorson

Halvorson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Ya if you're looking for a gun that you could unload like 10 pods off 1 fill, keep looking. This gun is mainly for speedball where ear is easily accessible in between games

How does this compare to the 2011 pmr?

#5 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Well dye/proto really doesn't care about efficiency so if your looking for something efficient, skip these choices. It sounds like you want really good efficiency so I would get a poppit if I were you. Spool valve/dump valve markers tend to eat air. I would look to see if I could find an old bob long protege for ~$300 used. I can almost guarantee you will love this gun. I have the next generation bob long intimidator, which is the bob long g6r but the g6r is out of your price range. Also, look at a used axe for ~$300. The empire axe will give you the efficiency you want (not as good as the protege but probably like ~8-10 pods). Also, it will give you the single tube design as well as a very smooth and quiet shot.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot about your price range, for your price range, I would look at a used gog extcy, gog Emmy, or smart parts vibe. These could all be found for cheap and are more efficient than the dm6

Edited by Pvlacrosse14, 26 July 2013 - 08:25 AM.

My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#6 Halvorson

Halvorson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well dye/proto really doesn't care about efficiency so if your looking for something efficient, skip these choices. It sounds like you want really good efficiency so I would get a poppit if I were you. Spool valve/dump valve markers tend to eat air. I would look to see if I could find an old bob long protege for ~$300 used. I can almost guarantee you will love this gun. I have the next generation bob long intimidator, which is the bob long g6r but the g6r is out of your price range. Also, look at a used axe for ~$300. The empire axe will give you the efficiency you want (not as good as the protege but probably like ~8-10 pods). Also, it will give you the single tube design as well as a very smooth and quiet shot.

EDIT: Wait, I forgot about your price range, for your price range, I would look at a used gog extcy, gog Emmy, or smart parts vibe. These could all be found for cheap and are more efficient than the dm6

Thanks for the info!

#7 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Just remember, the dm6 will still be smoother and quieter than the other choices I provided you. But if air is a problem then skip the dm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users