Photo

I realize they are super different, but Luxe 2.0 vs LV1?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jujubeaz

Jujubeaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

I play snake and have a 50/4500 tank, so that might be a factor.  I know I should hold them for ergo's, haven't had the chance to try a luxe but I have held the LV1 and it was pretty comfy.  I would really just love If you guys could give me some hard stats on efficiency and go through the pros and cons of both, and your personal opinion/experience would be appreciated as well!  I am also considering a G6r because they are sexy af, I am just kinda put off by the lack of a 2 piece barrel specifically for Bob Long guns because I like my barrel to match my gun as much as possible.  

Also, are there any guns coming out in the near future I should watch/wait for? I'm currently saving up so anything coming out within the next few months is fair game

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

There really arent hard stats on efficiency because there are so many variables.

These are two VERY different markers and I suggest you hold and shoot both and pick whichever you like best.

#3 Jujubeaz

Jujubeaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

There really arent hard stats on efficiency because there are so many variables.

These are two VERY different markers and I suggest you hold and shoot both and pick whichever you like best.

this is what everyone keeps telling me, I just really want some more info!  :(

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Like what?  Go watch and read reviews if you want an indepth overview of the features.  Overall the Luxe will be smoother and quieter and the LV1 will be more efficient but both those things kinda depend on how the LV1 is tuned.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING is which marker you are more comfortable with and no one can tell you that.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 27 July 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#5 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Like what?  Go watch and read reviews if you want an indepth overview of the features.  Overall the Luxe will be smoother and quieter and the LV1 will be more efficient but both those things kinda depend on how the LV1 is tuned.

The MOST IMPORTANT THING is which marker you are more comfortable with and no one can tell you that.

Have you shot an LV1/Luxe?

Edited by Garribean, 27 July 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

this is what everyone keeps telling me, I just really want some more info! :(
Like what? Go watch and read reviews if you want an indepth overview of the features. Overall the Luxe will be smoother and quieter and the LV1 will be more efficient but both those things kinda depend on how the LV1 is tuned.

Have you shot an LV1/Luxe?
I owned a Luxe for a while (stock 1.0) and have shot an LV1 tuned for smoothness. With the LV1 it is very smooth but IMO it still has the poppet "feel" where the rammer can be felt moving back and forth in the marker. Despite that there is no smack of it hitting the poppet and less barrel rise and it is very quiet for a poppet. Poppets to me have a more "cyclical" feel whereas spools are more of just a puff of air launching the ball. The Luxe is very slightly smoother and quieter so like I said OP, it really comes down to what feels best in your hands and what you're comfortable doing maintenance on.

To me the LV1 has amazing ergonomics but is simply too large for me as the frame has been bulked up significantly since the 11. The Luxe (as well as Clone and Geo 3) fits me much better while having the same long reach and I just prefer enclosed bolt spool-valve markers. Your preferences could be the opposite for both of these areas.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 27 July 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#7 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

You will get around 5 pods with the luxe on a 50/4500, and around 9 with the lv1 and the lv1 is cheaper

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#8 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'd rather have a luxe of the two. The luxe FREAKIN TALKS TO YOU. Plus they are super sex in the hands. Smoothness isnt my biggest concern, but luxes are silky liquid unicorn lubricant jello sex smooth

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#9 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

I would get the luxe simply because of the sexiness
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#10 Jujubeaz

Jujubeaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

okay, thanks for the info, I thought "feel" meant just hold it and feel the ergos, I get what you mean now! I have shot an LV1 but I have not had the chance to shoot a luxe, hopefully I will soon!

#11 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

If you're worried about the shot quality on the luxe, don't you worry about it. The luxe is one of the quietest and smoothest guns on the market. They're both fantastic markers and you won't be upset with either.

Ergonomics:
The lv1 has godlike ergos. It feels incredible in the hands and the air pipe does not feel like its in the way at all. By eclipse putting the lpr inside the gun, it feels more like a single tube marker.
The luxe has pretty damn good freaking ergos. I still think the lv1 feels better in the hands, but the luxe has a very nice macro less, stretched reach feel to it that is great.

Quietness:
The lv1 is an EXTREMELY quiet shot for stacked tube poppit marker. It is quieter than some high end spool valve markers when tuned properly.
The luxe is one of the if not the quietest markers on the marker. It sounds like a whisper compared to many other guns.

Smoothness:
The lv1 for a poppit marker is crazy smooth. I can't say it's the smoothest gun on the market but its definitely up there somewhere. For a poppet marker, it is insanely smooth.
The luxe is definately one of the smoothest guns on the market right now. It is smooth as butter and it leaves many markers in the dust when it comes to smoothness.

Efficiency:
The lv1 is pretty efficient, yet there are definately more efficients markers on the market. You will probably get around 10-12 pods off a 68/4500 tank with the lv1.
The luxe is a spool valve marker so naturally it will not be outstandingly efficient. Off of a 68/4500 tank, you will probably be able to get around 7-9 pods.

Reliability:
The lv1 is a planet eclipse marker so it will pretty much be a tank when it comes to reliability. The lv1 just like every other marker must be taken care of, but it will behave much better if abused then most other guns out today.
The luxe is a very reliable marker. It is not a planet eclipse marker, so it will not be a bulletproof gun, but it will still be very reliable.

Stock Barrel:
The lv1 comes with a shaft 4 14.5" reverse threaded barrel. It comes with a .689 bore. It is a very nice 2 piece barrel.
The luxe comes stock with a freak barrel along with 2 inserts. I prefer the freak barrel because you could have every size back you will ever need for the same price as 2 extra barrel backs for the shaft 4 barrel.

Stock Board:
The lv1 comes with a very nice LCD board. It is great and changing modes is quick and easy.
The luxe comes with a talking board. Yes a talking board. I think that is enough said.

Packaging:
The lv1 is a planet eclipse marker so it comes with fantastic packaging. It comes with a nice zipper case along with a TON of spare parts, lube, a barrel sock, allen keys, and a full color manual.
The luxe comes with great packaging. It comes with a very nice metal, briefcase style box with nice latches. Inside, it comes with spare parts, a charger, tools an extra insert, and lube.

Resale Value:
The lv1 has great resale value right now. The problem is that when the next generation ego comes out, the resale value of the lv1 will drop like a stone.
The luxe has and will have great resale value. When the next generation luxe comes out, the luxe 2.0 will still have great resale value.

As you could see, it really comes down to what you what you are looking for in a marker. If you want a gun with good efficiency and that feels like sex in the hands, get the lv1. If you want a super smooth and quiet gun, get the luxe. Think about what's more important to you in a marker and go from there.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask

Edited by Pvlacrosse14, 28 July 2013 - 08:21 PM.

My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#12 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

so Planet ditched the LCD and moved to OLED screens?

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Nope, LV1 still has an LCD.

#14 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Whoops typo. I'll fix it

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users