• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SHMadPup

SHMadPup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

This past weekend my Tippmann A5 (Older Version) with a Flatline Barrel, and a response trigger kept breaking balls. About every 3-5 shots was a broken ball. I was shooting Marballizer tournament grade paintballs. It shot great the first day, no problems, not one broken ball. The second day I couldn't shoot it without breaking a ball. Two other people from my group were using flatlines on A5's as well, they had no issues. I squeegeed the barrel several times, and ran water through the barrel, went back out, and had the same problem. I put my stock barrel in, and had no problems. Shot just fine, no broken balls. Which leads me to believe it's the flatline. Has the barrel gone bad? Do I have to do something other than squeegee it, cleaning wise?

#2 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

I would take the barrel off and try to look for visible scratches or grooves. Sounds like there could be a rough spot on the inside that's breaking the paint.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#3 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

It might just be a factory defect. Definately take the barrel off and look for anything bad
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

If it continues to be a problem email Tippmann and they'll replace it for nothing.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Tournament grade paint in a flatline could also be the issue.  They aren't known for being gentle on anything more brittle than rec paint.  Yes I realize the OP had no issues previously.

#6 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

^but it says that other people on the same day using the same paint and flatlines had no problems
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tippmann, A5, Flatline, Problem, Cleaning

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users