Photo

JT IMPULSE vs markers in it's price range

JT JT IMPULSE paintball markers markers paintball guns gun guns impulse expensive markers vs

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 thedudethatlikespaintball

thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Location:Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

is it me or am i the only person that thinks JT IMPULSE is a overpriced and non legit marker. i dont know it just kind of bothers me buying a thousand over marker from a company notorious for making horrible paintball markers in the past and and now when you could buy an ego or something. i myself would never trust buying a thousand over marker from a company that makes splatmasters. what do you guys think?

#2 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

Well, it's basically just a remake of the smart parts impulse by kee, but branded under jt (which kee owns) i do think its overpriced, you could get a g6r or an ego11 instead
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

is it me or am i the only person that thinks JT IMPULSE is a overpriced and non legit marker. i dont know it just kind of bothers me buying a thousand over marker from a company notorious for making horrible paintball markers in the past and and now when you could buy an ego or something. i myself would never trust buying a thousand over marker from a company that makes splatmasters. what do you guys think?

Splatmasters sell for a hell of a lot less than Impulses.  Do you think they're made in the same factory or designed by the same people?

Gog and DLX helped Kee (Empire) develop the Impulse.  The JT brand name means nothing.  Also if you want to bring that up JT made what is still considered by many the absolute best paintball mask of all time.

There are plenty of companies that make both cheap and extremely expensive products that live up to their price point - or even surpass it - in many industries.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 01 August 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#4 thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Location:Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Splatmasters sell for a hell of a lot less than Impulses.  Do you think they're made in the same factory or designed by the same people?

Gog and DLX helped Kee (Empire) develop the Impulse.  The JT brand name means nothing.  Also if you want to bring that up JT made what is still considered by many the absolute best paintball mask of all time.

There are plenty of companies that make both cheap and extremely expensive products that live up to their price point - or even surpass it - in many industries.

yes but i would way rather have an ego 11

#5 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

If you don't think its worth it, even though you have never used it before. Don't buy it. Simple as that.

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

yes but i would way rather have an ego 11

Have you fired an Impulse?  The fact that you would rather have an Ego 11 doesn't nullify the facts I presented.

#7 thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

i know it doesnt nullify your point, im just saying most people i know say that they would rather buy an ego with that money than an impulse. what im trying to say is that the impulse is overpriced.

#8 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

i know it doesnt nullify your point, im just saying most people i know say that they would rather buy an ego with that money than an impulse. what im trying to say is that the impulse is overpriced.

but if you've never had the opportunity to shoot one, how do you know it's overpriced? until you've shot one and have experience with it, what you're saying is to be regarded as inaccurate and biased. 

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#9 thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

but if you've never had the opportunity to shoot one, how do you know it's overpriced? until you've shot one and have experience with it, what you're saying is to be regarded as inaccurate and biased. 

as mike said in his video. everybody is biased

#10 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yes, that is true. i'm 100% biased in every aspect of my life, so are you. but how can you feel comfortable saying something is overpriced and you would buy something over it when you haven't shot one? For all you know it could be a few miles ahead of an ego, especially considering its price.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#11 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

You can't call something overpriced if you don't know it's value...

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

If it shoots like the 09 Smart Parts Impulse, it is totally worth the money. They changed some things from the 09 that I don't like, but if it shoots the same, it is worth it.

#13 Forrest99

Forrest99

Impulsive buyer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

The 09 impy shot money imo

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

Shouldn't this be in rants and TO THE OP

Spoiler

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

You have not even shot the marker yet, it is like a newbie saying a Luxe 2.0 because it is the only PB gun they make and gets a EGO because it is a better company without even testing the product.

Because this is technically a rant thread, people need to stop talking shit about markers they have never shot. 

I doubt you have even seen one on the field let alone heard of someone who is not a pro shooting it,

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

You cant have bias about something you havent used or experienced.

#17 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

The Insight NG is like the sane price, u would much rather have that than an impulse. Although its spool vs poppet

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JT, JT IMPULSE, paintball markers, markers, paintball guns, gun, guns, impulse, expensive markers, vs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users