• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

I just bought a gog excty off of someone on this webiste who claimed that it had NO leaks.  Well needless to say, there was one.  When I put in my hpa tank to test it out, I turned on the asa and heard a loud hissing noise coming from on top of the fore grip where the hose connects to the regulator.  Apparently he must have taken off this part because the hole that the screw goes into is stripped.  Every time I screw it in it pops back off due to the stripped threads in the hole.  I read around on some forums and heard that loctite would maybe solve it.  I put some on and I will wait 24 hours to see if it would work.  Anybody else have this problem?  What should I do to fix this?  Thanks

The arrow is pointing to where the leak is

Attached File  securedownload.jpeg   35.75KB   0 downloads

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Stripped threads means send that shit back and get your money. Don't bother trying to fix it, (assuming he didn't say it was like this) you didn't get what you thought you were buying.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

If the threads are striped, and you bought it on this site, get in contact with the seller and a bst mod and arrange to send it back and get a refund.

#4 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Oh alright. I would much rather be able to keep it and just fix this problem. Do you think the loctite will work?

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

You can't fix stripped threads, the only way you can fix the issue is replacing the part.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

I got this gun for a really good price and it would be worth a little extra money to get it fixed. Can you buy the part separately?

#7 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

Contact GOG let them know about your problem. From what I have heard they have excellent cs. Just don't tell them you bought it used. Tell them it was a gift and then go into detail about the problem.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#8 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Ok thanks. If the loctite doesnt work I will call gog and see what they can do. But I think that the peice I would need to replace is the grip frame. Is there a website that sells spare parts?

Edited by Efry34, 05 August 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#9 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I read somewhere that loctite 567 is used in air systems to stop leaks.  Does anyone think that this might work?

#10 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

The leak is fixed! Well, I still hear a very very very quiet hiss but it is nothing like before

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gog, extcy, leak, envy, asa, paintball, marker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users