• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

I've always had a love for those guns with side-fed magazines :wub: , so after watching this I've come up with an idea of how I might go about this.
So for those who don't know, here's what a Sten looks like:
Attached File  sten_mkIII.jpg   11.85KB   2 downloads

My idea was to cut some of the shells of a tipx (I'd be buying the shells seperately, not using the one I own) and using that to hold the mag and load the marker.  The reason why I'm not using anything else (a tacamo mag well or t8 mag well for instance) is because I have a lot of tipx mags as it is (and a couple zetamags) which would seem to fit the sten-style better, being skinnier.

I've done some picture editing of where to cut the shells of the tipx:
Attached File  Where to cut (outside).jpg   45.43KB   2 downloads
Attached File  where to cut.jpg   116.02KB   1 downloads

Of course, I might keep more of the grip to make the mags more stable, my original idea was to not have something really big hanging off the side when it's unloaded, but I'll save the cutting of the lower grip part for last if I decide to go through with this and see how it looks. I'm keeping the trigger guard as well (but not the trigger) since the mag release is already somewhat part of it.

The tipx shells would be attached to the gun with jb weld or something like that, and I'll refine the cutting until the part of the mag pushing the balls out barely enters the breach to ensure all the paint loads. :P 
Just wanted to know what people thought about this and whether or not anyone has tried anything like this.
So what do you guys think? :huh:

Edited by Cat Jones, 06 August 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Sounds pretty cool. I wish you luck

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Keep posting pictures throughout the build, sounds cool. You should side mount a 13/3k for more aggness and yoloswag

#4 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

haha x3 I'm not too sure about that, I plan on using a 13/3k as the stock, so I could line it up better (still want to be able to line up the sights and get a somewhat accurate shot, since I'll be limited on capacity)

#5 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

I finally got the pistol cut down, still debating whether or not I should cut the bottom part, might just see how stable the mag is without it and, if it's too unstable I'll just JB weld it on with the rest of the pistol grip. I've lined it up with the breach of the carver and, if I hold it in the right spot, it feeds just fine.
Attached File  cut pistol (full view).jpg   97.35KB   1 downloads
Attached File  cut pistol.jpg   79.98KB   1 downloads
Things are going good so far  ^_^

#6 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

I've attached the pistol mag well  ^_^ 
it's drying and such right now, tomorrow I'll take more pictures and test fire it, I put the mag in to line it up with the breach to make sure it's stable =3
Attached File  carver with side mag (drying).jpg   119.3KB   1 downloads

#7 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

slight issue, I guess before it set the mag housing kinda moved a little so now it won't load, but I guess I'll just have to dremel it out.  And that light you see in the background is from my ceiling fan...so yeah, no matter how much I shake it, it won't load.
2utru43.jpg

#8 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

aannndd it's finally done! did some dremel work to it and now it loads just fine ^.^ I was able to shoot a whole zetamag through (both sides) with no problem, next time I go out I'll be posting a vid, until then, enjoy some pictures :3
With zetamag
 yGBdHt9.jpg
breach with dremel work done
 TVY57ZS.jpg
without zetamag

e6ARxqZ.jpg

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

very cool. I await pictures.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#10 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Filled up any gaps and holes with liquid nails to limit any dust/dirt getting in the gun or mags if I drop the gun or fall
I4om7K0.jpg
k6hFk2L.jpg
w4l7Gmc.jpg
M5LdCzl.jpg

Some time in the future I plan on probably sanding the pistol mag well a little to smooth it out (along with the exposed jb weld/liquid nails) and removing the paint on the carver to have it all match.
Chances are I won't be taking it out on the field for a while so you'll have to wait for a proper video, but until then I'll probably end up tweaking it and making it prettier  ;) 
I'll be sure to post as I keep adding/changing more things on it, in the mean time, does anyone have any ideas for a temporary way to connect two tipx mags that's still pretty sturdy? with the mag well cut there's a good amount of room and mounting the mags so that they could be flipped seems like a pretty nice idea, I'll put a picture below on what I'm talking about.
 jn3OA8l.jpg
I'm kinda iffy about using tape, since it might interfere with the spring release or get that adhesive stuff all over if it falls off then get coated in dirt.

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

If you don't have them, zeta mags are pretty awesome for the double mag thing.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#12 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

I already have them, it's in one of my earlier pics, but I was just wondering if I could just do something with the rest of the regular mags, since I have more of those and not too many places to carry mags on me :B

#13 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

I may just change my mind about the whole tape thing
I got a little bored so I did this:
 P4BvnFV.jpg
then I got a 'little' carried away 
 k07bfCy.jpg
 wGdfuG1.jpg
who uses mag pouches anymore? just attach all the mags together and flip it all over the whole game :D (it's actually pretty stable, too o-O though I won't actually use that in a game x3)

#14 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

So I spent a rather large chunk of time working on the carver today, I removed the trigger frame and sanded the grips on the pistol mag a lot, they don't look to smooth, but trust me, the feel amazing o3o.  after that I removed the paint, washed everything, and polished the internals.  I spent the rest of my time just sanding here and there to make sure everything feels nice and smooth and adding some oil to it.
FIxMn7y.jpg

#15 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Sorry about the lack of updates for a while guys, I'm expecting stuff in the mail today so there'll probably be more pictures up today!

#16 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Okay, so the stuff came a day late, but nonetheless, it's here ^w^

gkqbgO3.jpg
Also you guys are making me feel kinda crazy talking to myself here, feel free to post comments and stuff :3

#17 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

I require a shooting video.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#18 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

I require a shooting video.

And you shall have it....eventually
I'm going out to play with it the weekend after this, and I can't really do one beforehand since my tanks are empty.
The next picture I'll post is all of it (mag well included) painted black so none of the jb weld or anything shows, I'll start painting tomorrow hopefully, so keep checking back for more posts :3

Edited by Cat Jones, 21 August 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#19 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

:tup:

#20 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Painted the whole thing black now with some plastidip, covered up some of that exposed jb weld/liquid nails so it all looks a bit better
 U8qkwUe.jpg
 TRUxm7S.jpg

Edited by Cat Jones, 22 August 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#21 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

due to the fact that it's going to be crazy hot tomorrow and super humid, the video will be postponed another week when I'll be doing a night game

#22 SuperG91

SuperG91

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Okay, so the stuff came a day late, but nonetheless, it's here ^w^

gkqbgO3.jpg
Also you guys are making me feel kinda crazy talking to myself here, feel free to post comments and stuff :3

Looks really neat! I require more pictars.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#23 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

ask and you shall receive!
pictures of what though?
any certain angle or something you'd like to see it in?

#24 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

I still do not have a shooting video. I am disappoint.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#25 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Needs a shooting video.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#26 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

yes yes, I know, but I can't put one up quite yet.
Right now my backyard is a huge mess (doing construction on a room and such) so there's not really any room at all to shoot it, and if I do, the neighbors will probably call the cops (I live in a really residential/urban area) so calm down :3
So far the plan is to go out this saturday, and I've made sure the camera on my mask is mounted securely, has a full charge, and is at a good angle.  So be patient :3

#27 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Right now my backyard is a huge mess (doing construction on a room and such) so there's not really any room at all to shoot it, and if I do, the neighbors will probably call the cops (I live in a really residential/urban area) so calm down :3
So far the plan is to go out this saturday, and I've made sure the camera on my mask is mounted securely, has a full charge, and is at a good angle.  So be patient :3

There is no excuse.

#28 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

There is no excuse.

Patience is a good trait to have, Mr. Sir
Good to work on it sometimes  ^_^ 
Though in the meantime I'll see what I can do about it since everyone keeps asking  ;)

#29 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Alrighty guys, the moment you've all been waiting for!...(will be here soon)
The video most likely won't be up until sunday, since I'm going to be playing until 10 (PM), but it shall come very soon! Hold on to your potatoes, because it's going to be pretty awesome, even though I can't figure out how in the heck I'm going to mount a gopro to my mask, I'll most likely settle for a standard definition helmet cam I have from a while back, but it's still good!

Keep a close eye on this thread sunday, I'll try and get the video up and edited as soon as I can ^w^

#30 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

It's Sunday.

#31 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Monday in the UK, still no shooting video.

[Hyperventilating Intensifies]

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#32 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Tuesday.

#33 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

yes yes, I know, I'm really sorry about this guys, recently I've gotten really depressed (personal reasons, though I should be over it soon) and just very unmotivated to do anything, but I'm trying to keep busy and hopefully the mountains of schoolwork I've been getting will motivate me to get back to work on it
Really sorry about this!  :unsure:

#34 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

yes yes, I know, I'm really sorry about this guys, recently I've gotten really depressed (personal reasons, though I should be over it soon) and just very unmotivated to do anything, but I'm trying to keep busy and hopefully the mountains of schoolwork I've been getting will motivate me to get back to work on it
Really sorry about this!  :unsure:

Its fine dude

#35 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

yes yes, I know this is (a week) late, but it's here at last!
I kinda just threw this together today

enjoy :D

#36 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

I am satisfied.

#37 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

yes yes, I know this is (a week) late, but it's here at last!
I kinda just threw this together today

enjoy :D

Quality 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tippmann, mag fed, tipx, carver one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users