• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LaxBro22

LaxBro22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I have played a few games with my friends kaos pump and really enjoyed it. I would be interested in getting a pump that is not too loud and that will last a long time. I have a budget of about $400. I wouldn't mind going used. Also, can i put a force fed loader on a pump gun or do i need to get a shake and shoot for pump?

#2 MKVIGTI

MKVIGTI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

Force feed works. Typically people use shake and shoots because they are lighter and have smaller profiles. I use a 100 rd sport shot.
<400 get a cocker with a CCM pump kit and internals
If you can spend more get a used t2 or s6.5 if you want a half block but at that price your looking at 550 if you are LUCKY

#3 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Empire snipers are pretty sweet. I recommend them if your budget permits.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#4 MKVIGTI

MKVIGTI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

^ oh yea I forgot about those. Those are good pumps too for the price you even get a barrel kit with it. Pretty good deal.. As nice as a CCM no but a good pump nonetheless..

I guess you can look at it like this.. Empire sniper is a Etek 4 and a ccm is like a LV1.. Mid end vs high end

#5 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

For open class sniper or empire sniper, for stock class lapco GG of CCI phantom.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#6 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

For open class sniper or empire sniper, for stock class lapco GG of CCI phantom.

He wants quiet... you ever shoot a Lapco GG? much much louder then you're average nelson.  That Lapco #6 powertube is efficient, but compared to a phantom, man is it loud.  As far as open class I'd recommend a used sniper, with a chipley deluxe kit and an underbored barrel (lurker maybe)

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#7 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

He wants quiet... you ever shoot a Lapco GG? much much louder then you're average nelson.  That Lapco #6 powertube is efficient, but compared to a phantom, man is it loud.  As far as open class I'd recommend a used sniper, with a chipley deluxe kit and an underbored barrel (lurker maybe)
There still nice, and will probably be a little bit quieter than the KP he used as the one I shot was definitely quieter than my friends kaos.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#8 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

There still nice, and will probably be a little bit quieter than the KP he used as the one I shot was definitely quieter than my friends kaos.

they are SUPER nice! grey ghost is one of the best sc guns on the market, things rocks for sure

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#9 xmck117xx

xmck117xx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hmmm... Now I have a question for u guys, how come no one ever mentions palmers guns? Is it just do to the price or their not very popular guns? I know they r more expensive and have a long build/delivery time. Please I would like to be enlightened on this.
Thank you

#10 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

In my opinion, PPS guns are great. So are their cocker parts. But, they are more difficult to work on and very quirky, most people tend to just send them in to Palmer to work on. Which is hella expensive. And they haven't been revisited, like ever. His guns are all made the same as they were 10 years ago. There needs to be some updates made in my opinion. For the money there are better options.

#11 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

alot of palmers guns are really strange too. I'm not too experience with any of their pumps. But blazers are a pain to time or do anything with.

#12 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

Hmmm... Now I have a question for u guys, how come no one ever mentions palmers guns? Is it just do to the price or their not very popular guns? I know they r more expensive and have a long build/delivery time. Please I would like to be enlightened on this.
Thank you

Depends on the gun. My Stroker is a pain in the butt, I needed to get a roll pin punch set just to open it and it still leaks! But he did see my post and give me step by step instructions how to take it apart.

Sheridans are the shit though. Nothing is better than shooting a PMI-1SC and gogging a dude first shot.

But to be honest a stock KP3 is going to shoot just as well or better than a Painter. If you want brass check out MCB. 

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#13 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

I have a PPS Superstocker, it was a frustrating ordeal. They didn't quiet get my build right (barrel was 1 or 2 inces to long), it took them 4 1/2 months to make it, screws were falling out of the grip frame, and it leaked apon arrival. That being said after fixing it's an awesome stock class pump and hasn't yet given me any more trouble. Basically my P68SC with some very nice features; CCI 12gram changer, nice trigger, tighter bore, wedgits, ball detent, and porting.

For value I think the best choices are Phantoms or an Autococker/Sniper preferably get a body and fill it with CCM parts. I have 3 Phantoms, 3 Snipers/Cockers, a Supperstocker, PGP, P68SC, Buzzard, Hammer Plus, and a Spyder I converted to pump.

Phantoms are my favorite, light weight, super easy to maintain, awesome customer service. Snipers are fairly easy but require a valve tool. They can be a little more quirky. I highly recommend CCM parts, they make excellent Sniper parts and also have wonderfull customer service.

#14 xmck117xx

xmck117xx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Thank u
I had no idea .... Kinda disappointed I have always wanted a pug or pyre

#15 FrankW

FrankW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

I say if it'll make you happy to shoot one, get it. It certainly won't be the best performer out there, but Palmers are definitely handsome guns.

They're definitely quirky and pretty expensive, but each one is custom built and somewhat unique. And working on them isn't that much harder than working on a cocker.. aside from the roll pins and all the red loctite they like to use.. god damn loctite...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users