Photo

Used Phenom X7 vs A5 with egrip and some upgrades?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ubermick

ubermick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hokay, looking for an entry-level marker to use in and around the $300 price range to use exclusively for woodsball/outlaw. Should be noted that I'm a bit of an idiot, and hate the speedball style guns, very much prefer the "authentic milsim" look. (Honest admission, played with a guy who had a massively tricked out A5, and fell in lust, that's what started all this.) And a bit sick of using the bog standard rental 98s.

Anyways, thinking of used to get the most bang for the buck. I see used X7 Phenoms on ebay and craigslist going for about $325 or so, or for the same money I could get a 2011 A5 with egrip ($200) and sink the extra into some upgrades like the bolt, barrel, power tube, etc.? There's also the Tiberius Arms stuff, and the TM-7, but know next to nothing about those, and they're (seemingly) a bit out of my price range.

Understand that I'll also need a HPA tank, but can make do with CO2 for now and snag the tank later.

(Yep, I'm a noob, and can hear the eyes rolling from here!)

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Dont upgrade a Tippmann.

Check out the Gog G-1. It performs better every way over these two markers.

#3 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hokay, looking for an entry-level marker to use in and around the $300 price range to use exclusively for woodsball/outlaw. Should be noted that I'm a bit of an idiot, and hate the speedball style guns, very much prefer the "authentic milsim" look. (Honest admission, played with a guy who had a massively tricked out A5, and fell in lust, that's what started all this.) And a bit sick of using the bog standard rental 98s.

Anyways, thinking of used to get the most bang for the buck. I see used X7 Phenoms on ebay and craigslist going for about $325 or so, or for the same money I could get a 2011 A5 with egrip ($200) and sink the extra into some upgrades like the bolt, barrel, power tube, etc.? There's also the Tiberius Arms stuff, and the TM-7, but know next to nothing about those, and they're (seemingly) a bit out of my price range.

Understand that I'll also need a HPA tank, but can make do with CO2 for now and snag the tank later.

(Yep, I'm a noob, and can hear the eyes rolling from here!)

I have a Phenom and love the thing in the woods.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users