markers pe machine vapor geo 3

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 thedudethatlikespaintball

thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Location:Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hey guys im really torn between these two guns the planet eclipse geo 3 or machine vapor. Money is not an issue because im buying used. I want to know which gun is better in terms of efficiency, feel of the gun in your hands, smoothness, how easy to maintain, reliability and anything that makes the gun not appeal to paintball players. Thanks guys

#2 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

From what I heard this is how it goes

Efficiency: Vapor
Ergonomics: Up to user but I say vapor
Smoothness: Vapor
Quietness: Vapor
Maintenance: Geo
Reliability: Geo

The thing with the vapor is that if you get a lemon, you will constantly have problems so some people say their vapors never work. Also, with the gen 1 vapors, they didn't come with the flat faced bolt. This made the vapor chop quite a bit. If you get a v3 vapor though, you should be good. I only said the vapor for ergonomics because its hoseless but the grips on the geo are much better. I like the vapor more personally. It's like a budget luxe when buying used
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

All I have to say is...

fuck the Vapor.

I know theres some people that have ones that work and shoot nice but that is definitely the minority and you dont want any marker that Spurlock has been involved with.

Id go Geo 3 in a heartbeat between these two but I think there are better options for getting a high-end spool. You should check out the Clone and Luxe.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 09 August 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#4 thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Location:Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well the vapor that i have my eyes on is a v3 so that might help

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Well the vapor that i have my eyes on is a v3 so that might help

"Might" is not a word you want to be using when you're spending this much money.

#6 Jkempkes16

Jkempkes16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

for how much you pay I would get a geo 3. yea the barrel kit is nice and the extra trigger is nice too but the parts kit just blows.

publiclogo.jpg

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

for how much you pay I would get a geo 3. yea the barrel kit is nice and the extra trigger is nice too but the parts kit just blows.

Those would be your reasons for getting a Geo instead of a Vapor?  Makes sense. :dodgy:

#8 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

that makes no sense..

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Also OP you said in your first post you know nothing about these guns.  There is only so much we can tell you about how a marker feels to hold and shoot.  Go to your field and proshop and hold and shoot as many different markers as possible.

#10 thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

i held the geo 2 before but never a 3 or vapor

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Oookay... Go hold them then.

#12 thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

the proshops close to me dont supply machine vapors

#13 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

Just get a Geo 3 you will save yourself money and pain. After having both I can tell you vapors aren't even worth what they are selling for used. 

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

I wasnt talking about holding a Vapor, I meant all the high-end markers you can.

The geo 3 would be a good choice.

#15 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Between these two the Geo3 is a far better choice.  Definately not a lot of issues to deal with on the Geo3.  And if you have any problems PE has great CS.  The Vapor is basically a cheap Luxe knockoff that has more issues then they are worth.  If you really want something like a Luxe just get the original and call it a day.

-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#16 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

without a single doubt in my mind i would get the geo 3 over the vapor. geo 3 shoots smooth but not as smooth as some of the other markers out there. its super reliable and easy to maintain. looks amazing imo. and is backed by one of the best paintball marker manufacturers out there. planet eclipse stands by there products and has amazing customer service. 

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#17 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

There's a reason for that. 

#18 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

A Geo will hold much more value over time. Machine is coming out with a new vapor so when that comes out the value will plumet.

#19 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

lol this thread is full of lulz.

you kids make me laugh more and more Everyday

#20 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Do tell...

#21 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Do tell...
Because everyone, and I mean EVERYONE jumped on the hate train heading to vapor village. I can guarantee the majority of people that say the vapor sucks and isn't worth the price it goes for used has never ever shot one. One person has a problem with their marker and they decide its the worst thing to happen since paintball started.

The vapor is a fantastic marker. The people who have actually owned a vapor that was a lemon probably owned a v1 vapor. When the v2 parts came out, the issues for the most part stopped. Also, people with v2 or v3 vapors that say they have had problems usually grey them like shit.

The vapor is a fine marker. If tuned and maintained properly, it will shoot quieter and smoother than a luxe as well as it being extremely reliable. Take care if your marker and it will take care of you. Don't listen to the haters that have probably never even touched a vapor.

*This doesn't apply to everyone, just the majority of people who hate on the vapor*
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#22 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

The vapor is not a bad choice by any means. In fact for the price they go for used they are an absolute steal. they're more air effecient than a luxe, easier to service than a luxe (IMO) and even lower profile... Having said this, I'm still a bigger fan of the luxe for some reason lol. I believe mostly for the feel of them, they fit me like a glove.

As stated earlier...

Vapors are usually bad mouthed by people, usually kids, who have absolutely zero experience with them. Or kids who, "heard it through the grape vine"... Or just flat out banwagon haters with nothing better to do but hate on a product because it's deemed cool by others.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#23 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Do tell...
Because everyone, and I mean EVERYONE jumped on the hate train heading to vapor village. I can guarantee the majority of people that say the vapor sucks and isn't worth the price it goes for used has never ever shot one. One person has a problem with their marker and they decide its the worst thing to happen since paintball started.

The vapor is a fantastic marker. The people who have actually owned a vapor that was a lemon probably owned a v1 vapor. When the v2 parts came out, the issues for the most part stopped. Also, people with v2 or v3 vapors that say they have had problems usually grey them like shit.

The vapor is a fine marker. If tuned and maintained properly, it will shoot quieter and smoother than a luxe as well as it being extremely reliable. Take care if your marker and it will take care of you. Don't listen to the haters that have probably never even touched a vapor.

*This doesn't apply to everyone, just the majority of people who hate on the vapor*

You seem to really be justifying the purchase of a Vapor to yourself despite all the opinions and evidence that would suggest the Luxe, DM, Geo, Clone, Demon, etc. are far better platforms.

You talk about how everyone who's knocked the Vapor has never shot one, have you?  Is an almost imperceptible amount of smoothness worth risking hundreds of dollars for? 

#24 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

^Talking about the Demon..

So uhmm... where is all the love for them now? $1300 gun selling for $400. ... HMMM!

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

^Talking about the Demon..

So uhmm... where is all the love for them now? $1300 gun selling for $400. ... HMMM!

They're not my thing but 2013 Demons sure as hell aren't selling for $400.

Frank Connell may be an ass but at least he isn't a con man.   I haven't heard of or seen a Demon that was shipped to a customer missing components.

#26 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

$500

$550

$550

Close enough, throw an offer of $450 and I'm sure you will get a yellow dot.

Edited by Praetorian, 13 August 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#27 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Do tell...

You seem to really be justifying the purchase of a Vapor to yourself despite all the opinions and evidence that would suggest the Luxe, DM, Geo, Clone, Demon, etc. are far better platforms.

You talk about how everyone who's knocked the Vapor has never shot one, have you?  Is an almost imperceptible amount of smoothness worth risking hundreds of dollars for? 
First off, I did not purchase a vapor, I don't know where you came to that conclusion from but... Okay? Second, I have shot a vapor and it shot incredible. Also, that little amount of smoothness over a luxe is achieved by spending LESS money considering that vapors are going for $650. If vapors stayed at the same price new, I believe they would be selling for $1000 used. Since machine dropped the price to $1000 new though, you can't sell a gun for that price. If dlx were to drop the price of the luxe down to $1000, the the price of a 2.0 would be at around $700 as well. You can't charge more for a used gun then they are going for used. Also, what evidence is there that other markers are better platforms? It is all opinion so there is ZERO evidence. I could think the ion was the best platform ever. There's zero evidence that this statement is true or false as it is an opinion. Lastly, what risk is there to spending the money for a vapor? There are no reliability issues anymore with v3 vapors as long as they're taken care of.

I usually agree with you, but you cant say things that arent true/proven just because you aren't very find of the vapor and or the people behind the company. I can almost guarantee that if eclipse made the vapor exactly the same way, everyone would say its fantastic even though the originals had kinks... I highly doubt you could find a marker where the original version didn't have issues.

#28 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Do tell...

First off, I did not purchase a vapor, I don't know where you came to that conclusion from but... Okay? Second, I have shot a vapor and it shot incredible. Also, that little amount of smoothness over a luxe is achieved by spending LESS money considering that vapors are going for $650. If vapors stayed at the same price new, I believe they would be selling for $1000 used. Since machine dropped the price to $1000 new though, you can't sell a gun for that price. If dlx were to drop the price of the luxe down to $1000, the the price of a 2.0 would be at around $700 as well. You can't charge more for a used gun then they are going for used. Also, what evidence is there that other markers are better platforms? It is all opinion so there is ZERO evidence. I could think the ion was the best platform ever. There's zero evidence that this statement is true or false as it is an opinion. Lastly, what risk is there to spending the money for a vapor? There are no reliability issues anymore with v3 vapors as long as they're taken care of.

I usually agree with you, but you cant say things that arent true/proven just because you aren't very find of the vapor and or the people behind the company. I can almost guarantee that if eclipse made the vapor exactly the same way, everyone would say its fantastic even though the originals had kinks... I highly doubt you could find a marker where the original version didn't have issues.

I didn't mean you did buy a Vapor, just that you're trying to justify doing so to yourself.

You say there is zero evidence but I personally know people that were shipped not just malfunctioning, but actually broken Vapors brand new.  That has nothing to do with opinion.  I like how you go on to say there are "no reliability issues anymore" when you have zero evidence to back that up yourself.

Let's look at the facts, Spurlock sells the Vapor, people were shipped markers that didn't work or were missing parts, etc.  I think a small amount more for one of the competing spool valve markers would be worth the cost to avoid potentially dealing with these issues.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 13 August 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#29 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Do tell...

I didn't mean you did buy a Vapor, just that you're trying to justify doing so to yourself.

You say there is zero evidence but I personally know people that were shipped not just malfunctioning, but actually broken Vapors brand new.  That has nothing to do with opinion.  I like how you go on to say there are "no reliability issues anymore" when you have zero evidence to back that up yourself.

Let's look at the facts, Spurlock sells the Vapor, people were shipped markers that didn't work or were missing parts, etc.  I think a small amount more for one of the competing spool valve markers would be worth the cost to avoid potentially dealing with these issues.
If a vapor was shipped without a part, I'm almost 100% sure the part was shipped to the consumer free of charge. I know it may be annoying but there's a small chance of that happening anyway.

With reliability issues, no. I have no set in stone proof. What I do know for a fact though is I you treat a vapor right, It will serve you well, just as any other marker.

An I saying the vapor is the best thing to happen since sliced bread? No. Am I saying that the vapor, especially for the new price tag is a fantastic marker that could EASILY compete with other, more expensive spoolies? Yes.

My point here is not to say that the vapor is the best marker to ever exist. My point is to stop all the haters on the vapor, especially the ones that have never even seen one.

I'm pretty sure everyone here could agree that the vapor is a smoother, quieter, and more efficient marker than the geo. As in if you want to take that tiny leap of faith that you won't have to wait another week for your part if you're the 1/1000 that's missing a part, that's another story. IMO I think it's completely worth it if you get a smoother, quieter, more efficient marker for a smaller price.

That's just my 2 scents but you do what you want, it's your money

#30 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

I dont hate the Vapor...I just recommend against them.  Why?  Because I have known two people where I play that have had Vapors.  Both were V3s and bought brand new.  Neither one of them worked very well.  Both had leaks and huge FSDO.  And nothing they tried worked.  For the money (new or used) the Vapor just isnt worth the risk.  If the 2014 Vapor fixes the issues that the original Vapors had it may make it worth the risk of buying.  There is a ton of room for improvement and refinement on the Vapor platform.  If Machine truly wants to compete they need to get it right this time around.

-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#31 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

New parts wont fix incorrect tolerances unless you really know what youre doing with oring fitment. Even then there may be nothing you can do if its off by enough.

#32 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

If you hand fit your orings and lube it correctly (ike you should with all spool valves) you shouldn't have many issues.

There are bigger tolerence issues within the orings themselves then there will be anything else. Most people do not realize how off orings can be. When I'm changing orings in my shocker or any of my spool valves, I make sure I have the right fit before I throw it back in the gun and air it up. Sometimes I'll go threw 3 or 4 orings before I find a perfect fit between the can and the bolt, or the guide and the bolt.

Same goes for when I had my vapor, it just always worked because I did everything the right way the first time. I changed the stock settings (they're not very good), replaced all the orings with better fitting ones, and lubed it with monkey poo after every weekend of play.

Most people these days don't even buy oring kits for their markers and expect them to work flawlessly, you just can't get away with that and expect good results.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#33 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

^The stock settings are Terrible. I thought my Vapor was having a seizure when I was firing it the first few shots..

Followed This guys tuning guide and you will never feel a smoother marker. I have messed with my dwell a little bit and I don't know if it's because I play in High altitude or just MY vapor, but I run my Vapors dwell at 15ms and never had that "Shoot down" problem I've heard of.

Also cool thing about the Vapor is the Ability to RUN a tune assist, if your settings are out of whack or your Vapor starts choking run a tune assist, it's almost like Retiming it like the old days with Autocockers.

Also remember, Spool Valve guns are really not designed for shooting like 20+bps. They are meant for smooth shots consistently.. again not "spraying" but consistent shooting.

#34 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I know a guy with the GEO 3, he loves it, I'm pretty sure it's in the top 3 spools out right now, the Machine is close to the luxe in operation I think so obviously it's based purely on shot quality so the efficiency is a nice bonus. Overall I would go with eclipse, because along with being one of the top 3, it has a well known and reputable company behind it, with some of the best CS ever

109.gif

#35 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

I know a guy with the GEO 3, he loves it, I'm pretty sure it's in the top 3 spools out right now, the Machine is close to the luxe in operation I think so obviously it's based purely on shot quality so the efficiency is a nice bonus. Overall I would go with eclipse, because along with being one of the top 3, it has a well known and reputable company behind it, with some of the best CS ever

what puts geo in the top 3? i mean there are so many awesome spoolies out there like the clone gt, luxe, dm13, and vanquish. what makes geo 3 better then the competitors? 

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#36 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

what puts geo in the top 3? i mean there are so many awesome spoolies out there like the clone gt, luxe, dm13, and vanquish. what makes geo 3 better then the competitors? 

Very efficient for a spoolie, great ergos/pointability, great board/feedneck/grips/packaging/etc., one of the lightest if not the lightest high-end spoolies, still shoots fairly smooth when the SFR is turned down.  The DM13 and Vanquish may shoot smoother but that doesn't make them a better value or better performers.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 13 August 2013 - 11:44 PM.

#37 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

Very efficient for a spoolie, great ergos/pointability, great board/feedneck/grips/packaging/etc., one of the lightest if not the lightest high-end spoolies, still shoots fairly smooth when the SFR is turned down.  The DM13 and Vanquish may shoot smoother but that doesn't make them a better value or better performers.

fair enough. but then what would consider the other top two to be.

58pk.jpg

#38 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

Clone and Luxe

#39 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

ehhhh, I would put the DM above the Clone just because the ergos are usually good with everyone, and the design is pretty well known and easy to work on. The clone is by far one of the coolest marker's I've had the pleasure of using. But to each their own :D

109.gif

#40 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

I would say brand new the DM is simply priced wrong. The other spoolies are smoother, quieter, more efficient, lighter, smaller and/or have better boards, triggers and feednecks.

#41 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

lets be honest, both of us wouldn't buy a marker new unless we got a good deal 

109.gif

#42 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

lets be honest, both of us wouldn't buy a marker new unless we got a good deal

Good point, DMs are great if youre the buyer in the used market. High-end spools on the cheap!

#43 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

yeah XD, My buddy got a DM9 for $350, fucking AMAZING and that's not even the best I've heard!

109.gif

#44 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

The geos shoot great. If they were as heavy as the DMs I bet they would be a lot smoother. 

The geo 3 is superior. It may not shoot as well but you never have to worry about tuning or reliability with a geo. Having the best customer service in the industry behind it is cool too

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#45 thedudethatlikespaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Most of you guys are saying geo 3 but is the gun worth $300 more than a Machine Vapor v3?

#46 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

Most of you guys are saying geo 3 but is the gun worth $300 more than a Machine Vapor v3?

Well worth it. Why these two though? They are basically opposites end of the spectrum as far as high end spools go.

#47 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

I'm partially with Doh, I mean the Vapor has already went down in price substantially. It's a good gun but the company is, although new, still run by a guy with pretty the worst history for a new company. It's a shame but it's true :(

109.gif

#48 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Again, why these two? Very opposite style markers. The vapor is smooth and quiet, yet has many potential reliability issues, but the geo focuses more on efficiency and reliability. Now I normally don't justify the claims of reliability from a company, we're talking about Machine vs Eclipse.
My brother had a vapor. It was shipped without a board, but he got on within a week. It worked fairly well for a few months until stuff just started messing up with it. Nothing too significant, but still very disappointing, given its price point.

But there are other markers you can look at in that price range. The Clone is one of the smoothest shooting markers out there, and, although it's trigger isn't too fantastic, is pretty much what you should be looking at if you were considering the Vapor.
DM's are also fairly good, but I'd recommend getting used, because the newer ones are a bit badly priced, especially since the past year's model is near the exact same as the newest one.
Luxe's are super Shockers, and work great and aare very popular because of their smoothness. These are everywhere, and are great markers.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#49 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

If the Vapor wasn't a POS then why is Machine Re-designing the whole thing for 2014?

#50 nightmareable6

nightmareable6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

There's a reason for that.
Cause they suck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: markers, pe, machine, vapor, geo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users