• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 armystrongpaintball

armystrongpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

just wanting to get some opinions on what others think is better the dangerous power g5 or the planet eclipse etha I asked on pbnation and I had a guy tell me to fuck off that I would never do any good in the sport of paintball for asking a stupid question like that and wanting to buy either the etha or the dp g5 because he said they both suck. so im just looking for other peoples pinions ive seen reviews on both and they both look good for starter guns. im not a rookie but I cant play as much as I used to and don't wont to spend 1400 on a gun. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

i like the G5's trigger better than the ethas. and as a semi player that's my main connection with a marker, so it better be good. a little smoother and quieter as well. not to mention it's light as hell. and supposedly if you put a TechT bolt in it, it will shoot like the earlier GEO's. not sure if they have one for the 5 though. there's also plenty of other options used in your price range if you're open to it.

my vote for G5

welcome to TechPB  :)

Edited by LUXOR54, 11 August 2013 - 02:34 AM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 armystrongpaintball

armystrongpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:30 AM

thank you and what might be some other options I also looked into the dp g4 and the invert mini or empire axe those are all kinda around the same price range I think im just trying to get an idea on what would be best right now im stationed in south korea and the closest field is over an hour away but I pcs  to fort bragg in October and will be able to play more often so im trying to get back into the sport as I used to play almost every weekend

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

i like the G5's trigger better than the ethas. and as a semi player that's my main connection with a marker, so it better be good. a little smoother and quieter as well. not to mention it's light as hell. and supposedly if you put a TechT bolt in it, it will shoot like the earlier GEO's. not sure if they have one for the 5 though. there's also plenty of other options used in your price range if you're open to it.

my vote for G5

something really makes me doubt that a techt bolt in a g5 will make it shoot like an older GEO but I've never shot a g5 with one so yea. 

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

my vote for G5

This
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

if you put a TechT bolt in it,

The TechT bolt will not work in a G5, and TechT has no plans currently for making a bolt for the G5.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

used axe. Im not a fan of either the g5 or etha.

#8 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

my vote for G5

This
yep, I love me some G series. But I'm kinda a DP fanboy. Some might leak, but they are still awesome IMO. Just not the FX. Those suck lol. And to the OP, PbN and TechPB are very, very different.
So welcome to the better choice :)

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#9 JoshO

JoshO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

I love dangerous power. My wife uses the dangerous power g4 and she loves it. I use the dangerous power fusion fx. Haven't had a single problem with either. My little brother has an etha. I've used it a couple of times. It's just different than what I'm used to but still a good gun. Programming the g4 is super easy as well. Has a good trigger, and never had a problem with bolt or macro. Easy to maintain. 

#10 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

The extcy is also a good choice
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#11 07tjt07

07tjt07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

with the g5 you have to be careful about how high you set your velocity, anything over 350 and you run the risk of ruining the solenoid... 

cpILP7C.jpg

Setup: Dangerous Power G4 Black with Blue accents, 45/4500 crossfire, Halo with exalt speed feed, python compression kit (predecessor to the techt ifit)

#12 nightmareable6

nightmareable6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Used axe is the way to go I've owned a g5 and fx both not worth there price . But I got an axe and its amazing

#13 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

with the g5 you have to be careful about how high you set your velocity, anything over 350 and you run the risk of ruining the solenoid... 

why would it be over 300? Much less 350...

I've owned a g5 not worth there price .

Dafuq did you just say?

Edited by TheDyeingEmpirePlanet, 23 August 2013 - 06:08 PM.

DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#14 07tjt07

07tjt07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

why would it be over 300? Much less 350....

careless ref insisted on adjusting the velocity for me because I did not have my allen key... twisted adjustment screw about 5 times in the wrong direction....

cpILP7C.jpg

Setup: Dangerous Power G4 Black with Blue accents, 45/4500 crossfire, Halo with exalt speed feed, python compression kit (predecessor to the techt ifit)

#15 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

careless ref insisted on adjusting the velocity for me because I did not have my allen key... twisted adjustment screw about 5 times in the wrong direction....

oh xD dont forget your Allen key next time... Lol

DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#16 07tjt07

07tjt07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

oh xD dont forget your Allen key next time... Lol

its okay though... DP fixed it for free even though it was 2 months out of warentee... all i had to do was pay to ship it :) and people say DP has bad costumer service

cpILP7C.jpg

#17 pheonixhawk

pheonixhawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Lol ALL PB guns leak not just dangerous power ALL guns do that! If you have a leak in the gun just replace the oring it's so simple!
And I would go for the g5 if you like semi but if you are more of psp go for the axe.

Edited by pheonixhawk, 05 September 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Lol ALL PB guns leak not just dangerous power ALL guns do that! If you have a leak in the gun just replace the oring it's so simple!
And I would go for the g5 if you like semi but if you are more of psp go for the axe.

Not all markers leak and not all that do are for the ssame reason. I fail to see how the G5 would be better for semi than the Axe.

#19 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Are you implying that the trigger on a g5 is better then an axe? Ha.... everything about the axe is better with the exception of ergos. Which is actually just an opinion. My vote is for the axe. But if not. The g5.

#20 winning?

winning?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

haha i hate to agree with someone so douchy on pb nation. but hes right about the guns. lol you can pick up a used axe for the same price those are new. maybe even less. people complain about the minis but i personally like those over the etha and g5... and theyre all in the general same price range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users