6 replies to this topic

#1 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

I've finally decided to try out First Strikes. I am in the process of trying to pick up a T9.1. I'm hoping to get a used one with air in stock, but if that isn't possible I will buy a new one. For those of you that have played with one before, what accessories   help get the most out of the platform? I know a riser and optics are helpful, but I don't know which ones would work best.

As far as mags, how many do you carry and use? I currently have a Dye Tactical Harness already, so I would like to use that. What kind of pouches work well for the mags? I plan on using this at Living Legends next year, if my wife lets me go again. What kind of load out work best for Legends? I'm very excited to try this all out and I think it will play very well at my local field. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Why not wait for the tiberius t15?

I would never but a T9.1 because it is just a T8.1 with an air through stock and rails.

Optics will not really help you because of the different ranges you will be shooting people at. You can find a graduated scope but even then it would be a tad bit difficult to get used to.

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

For LL I would suggest grabbing as many mags as possible or just a couple of mags but have the first.strike rounds in 10 round tubes. I can fit 13 down a tube and just put the tubes in a mag pouch.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

IMO, an adjustable riser is necessary if you plan on using FS rounds as a primary. Using a Tiberius adjustable riser, a user was able to come up with this basic range chart (I forgot who it was, sorry)

Dist. (yards)       Setting (clicks)

15                         4
25                         5
40                         5 - 6

50                         6 - 7
65                         8
75                         9 - 10
90                        12

The settings with two numbers were as an example 5 low center, 6 high center. This is using a fixed 4 power scope chrono avg 278-290. Target was a 5 ft 10 inch man sized target.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 12 August 2013 - 12:31 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#5 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Why not wait for the tiberius t15?

I would never but a T9.1 because it is just a T8.1 with an air through stock and rails.

Optics will not really help you because of the different ranges you will be shooting people at. You can find a graduated scope but even then it would be a tad bit difficult to get used to.

The T15 looks like it will be in the neighborhood of $800, and that's too much money to spend without trying out the style of play first. If I can grab a T9.1 for a couple hundred that is much easier on the wallet. If I really like it, then maybe a T15 willbe in my future.

#6 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

IMO, an adjustable riser is necessary if you plan on using FS rounds as a primary. Using a Tiberius adjustable riser, a user was able to come up with this basic range chart (I forgot who it was, sorry)

Dist. (yards)       Setting (clicks)

15                         4
25                         5
40                         5 - 6
50                         6 - 7
65                         8
75                         9 - 10
90                        12

The settings with two numbers were as an example 5 low center, 6 high center. This is using a fixed 4 power scope chrono avg 278-290. Target was a 5 ft 10 inch man sized target.

That is a great chart to have until I get used to it. Might just have to laminate that and keep it in the gear bag just in case.

#7 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

I had four mags when I used mine but unless you're close the front line you really don't need many mags.  I always found myself with enough time to shoot a mag, drop it, reload it and keep going without using my other mags.  I used a mag puch from specials ops paintball on my vest, single mag per pouch, MOLLE system.  They worked pretty well but unfortunately are no longer for sale.  Airthru stocks or remotes are a must to be honest. 

Using air thru mags or 12 g will make you rage since sometimes the marker charging thru the mag will occasionaly eject a ball and cause a break or it will discharge when you drop the mag and eject a first strike on the ground. 

I never used an adj riser they didn't exist at the time owned my marker but that graph will sure come in handy.

Also 10 round tubes are nice for first strikes except one thing.  They actually fit 12(?) first strikes stacked ball to fin inside.  Meaning when you load your mags you'll have extra hanging out in the tubes.  You might want to trim the tubes down to fit only 8 rounds at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users