9 replies to this topic

#1 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

I'll judge anyone who consciously decides to waste their money and permanently alter their body with an "Only God Can Judge Me" tattoo.

And I won't be judging them solely for irony's sake (which in and of itself is right up my alley), but for the simple fact that it's the most cliché script-based tattoo out there. It has thus become nothing more than meaningless drivel spewed by mindless automatons who are so naively convinced in how "edgy" and "unique" they are that they don't even realize they're still caught in the status quo. The very same status quo of which they assume they are rebelling against, hence their passive protest in being judged.
Now that is irony.

Only God can judge you? No, you are hardly that special.

Edited by Antonious, 13 August 2013 - 04:00 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

I feel for you. Only recently have I seen people with stupid and meaningless tattoos. Why the fuck do you have one big star and little stars trailing the bigger one in your back.

#3 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

Owls, ships, anchors, TARDIS, Deathly Hallows, there are sooooo many over done tats that I am so very tired of seeing. Like, at least get it done in a unique way, if youre gunna do it. 

#4 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Just got back from the tattoo artist guys.  What you think?

Monster_Tattoo.jpg

#5 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm actually more disgusted by that 'stache.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#6 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

I feel for you. Only recently have I seen people with stupid and meaningless tattoos. Why the fuck do you have one big star and little stars trailing the bigger one in your back.

Or behind the ear I've seen them too -_-
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#7 hazard

hazard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Not to mention the people who get their own names tattooed on their arms.

you're James right?

Hold on let me check...Yup, I'm james.

#8 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,778 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Why judge them? What harm does it do to you if someone else gets a tattoo on their body? It's their decision, not your's. Why bother to waste the time or energy to even care? Not like it affects you in any way whatsoever. Trying to judge them is just being stupid and wasting your time. It doesn't affect you in any way, so why should you care?

#9 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Why judge them? What harm does it do to you if someone else gets a tattoo on their body? It's their decision, not your's. Why bother to waste the time or energy to even care? Not like it affects you in any way whatsoever. Trying to judge them is just being stupid and wasting your time. It doesn't affect you in any way, so why should you care?

Because I have standards for those with whom I choose to associate, as does everyone.

Those who come across as naive and lacking any original substance tend to fall below my standards, and are thusly dismissed.

It's hardly a waste of my time however, as the thought leaves my head almost as quickly as it enters it; It's not as though I dwell on it all day.
Attempting to disprove my inference by getting to know each and every person with this tattoo would be more of a waste of my time.

Now you may say "But you clearly spent all this time to write up a rant on the topic".
To which I'll say that I don't create rants for the topic alone; quite often the topic is of little consequence in and of itself. I do it out of catharsis (sometimes venting about one frustration eases the others) and out of my desire to write. Being an aircraft mechanic, I have little to no use for my literary skills, so I find ways like this to use them.
That's why I attempt to use a more eloquent style when typing rants and responses as opposed to my more practical style to normal conversations on here.
These rants are not as superficial as they seem.

Edited by Antonious, 14 August 2013 - 05:22 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#10 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

The way I see it is like this

1. Less job competition

2. You know who the stupid people are (talking about face and hand tattoos basically)

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users