10 replies to this topic

#1 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

hey guys I was looking for a new marker and wanted some advice. I currently play stock class with a cci phantom cause i love having a light mobile setup. But I have realized that nowadays i might need some extra firepower some days. I was looking for a light idea for a setup. So I have been looking at some speedball markers. but i got to thinking would it be lighter and maybe better if i got something like a T2 instead. Would the T2 be light but give me enough firepower against these guys or should i Also get a electro. The thought of playing open class with my phantom doesnt really appeal to me.

So should i get a T2 or insert electro here. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that i am open to pistol play i always thought that it seemed interesting and that it would be the kind of thing i would do considering its fast lightweight and seems pretty neat and fun. 

Edited by paintballer999, 13 August 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#2 MKVIGTI

MKVIGTI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

I play speedball with my T2 and I wouldn't have it any other way. I ditched electros and play solely with my T2. I challenged a few people this Sunday 1v1 and what do you know I did more than hold my own in fact I won more points than i lost. I suggest a T2 but that's just me. No matter what pump you have you will always be outgunned going against electros

#3 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

k cool I thought so. The only thing is the question to go out and buy a T2 and hpa tank or get a Tippman tipx and save more money?  thats the real question now.

#4 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

Buy a t2. Or 6.5 whatever tickles your fancy.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Why not try putting a centerfeed body and maybe a rainman pump kit on your CCM?

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

cause i dont have a ccm

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

I think he mention CCI

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#8 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

centerfeed body + undercocking kit for your phantom

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#9 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

hey guys I was looking for a new marker and wanted some advice. I currently play stock class with a cci phantom cause i love having a light mobile setup. But I have realized that nowadays i might need some extra firepower some days. I was looking for a light idea for a setup. So I have been looking at some speedball markers. but i got to thinking would it be lighter and maybe better if i got something like a T2 instead. Would the T2 be light but give me enough firepower against these guys or should i Also get a electro. The thought of playing open class with my phantom doesnt really appeal to me.

So should i get a T2 or insert electro here. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that i am open to pistol play i always thought that it seemed interesting and that it would be the kind of thing i would do considering its fast lightweight and seems pretty neat and fun. 

#10 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

If want an electro the axe is there. For all of $300 used but t2s, and s6.5s are good too if you know how to furiously pump the handle

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#11 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Being outgunned and needing more firepower is part of pump.  But replace the idea in you're head from "I need more firepower" to "I need better positioning"  or "I need to be a better snapshooter and a smarter player"

If you have the idea you are losing because you are being outgunned, then pump may never be satisfying for you.  Whether it's a T2 or a PGP pump action pistol.  If you have the thought in your head that the reason for your shortcomings is that the other person has an advantage based on what they are using, that is not going to change unless you have the most up to date, expensive high end gun.  You may perform a little better using an open class high performance pump (such as a T2, or any of the CCM line) in 'brute force' style firefights, but you will still be outgunned, and still lose the majority of heads up matches if you are trying to go shot for shot with people.

I play stock class, and almost always get picked before at least 1 person with a gun that shoots faster then mine.  Not because I can shoot faster, or because my gun shoots further, but because knowledge of the game, experience and playing technical and using good communication are far more important then the amount of balls you can rattle of per second when you are shooting at the chrono range.

So as someone who plays stock class, I am always out gunned, or at least equally the lowest rate of fire on the field.  I only refer to the disadvantage jokingly when I get picked to a team I don't want to be on (like saying "you sure you want me man? I'm only using a pump?!?" because I want to be on the other team, never works by the way, they end up always sticking with their pick).  The few disadvantages to playing pump when looked at in the most basic sense, are having to pump for each shot while others just need to pull the trigger (DUH) and for stock class (in my set-up, could vary) having to rock and cock (so taking the barrel off the target between shots) and reloading.  PRETTY SHORT LIST!

So if there is only 3 disadvantages, how do they play into you losing.  I admit, I am not perfect, at times I have wanted to blame my gun for my downfalls and losses and shitty days on the field.  BUT! When you look back and think about the times you were eliminated, where you playing perfectly?  I was down on stock class for a while, but when I thought about myself being eliminated on "bad" or off days, I could rarely, if ever think of a time where I was shot out while changing 12 grams or reloading paint.  I may be able to say "well I could have got that other guy out if I didn't have to rock and cock, or if I had a little more fire power he was a goner!"  But the fact that I missed, or bounced a shot, doesn't inherently mean I got eliminated.  So what usually leads to my eliminations is poor snap shooting, moving wrecklessly, not playing aggressive enough and allowing the other person to lay into your bunker while another person slowly advances carefully to an angle to shoot you out of bunker you.  There is always something I did wrong, along with usually the other guy not doing something wrong along the way that they were playing well.

It's usually not the gun man, it's tough to accept, and a lot of times losing in what feels like a situation where you have more skill and are losing to an "inferior opponent" who has a faster shooting gun, is usually just little mistakes that after you come down from the anger of losing you can look back and think, well what did I do to end up in a situation where that mattered?

that's all I got

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users