11 replies to this topic

#1 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

hey guys has anyone shot a pumpmag before and if so how do they compare to a t2 i was just thinking cause it might save me a few hundred bucks :)

#2 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

never shot a pump mag but i have a t2 and it is the best thing that i could ask for, well besides a j12...

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#3 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

Pump mags are far more unique and require more work, they're more of a custom build unlike the T2.

With a pump mag you gotta have a rail milled for the pump rod and usually the body too, depending on the body you choose. Plus the pump kit itself, with the wave spring. With mags you can really make them your own with all the different rails, bodys, frames, valves, etc...

So basically, if you want a fun project where you can really make it your own, go with the mag... if you want something that's already done and less of a project, get the t2.

they'll both shoot good, That's a given.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#4 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

no i mean i saw one in bst so i was wondering 

#5 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,931 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

The T2 will be more efficient than a pump mag, but a pump mag is way cooler, way more fun to build, and can be totally unique. You can really make a mag into anything you want, while a T2 will look like almost every other T2 out there.

I loved my pump mag when I had it. It had a stainless steel body customized with a 10 round stick feed, and a bucket changer, a nice stock, it was gorgeous. Looked phenomenally better than any T2 I've ever seen. And in all of 30 seconds I could put on a different body, an ASA and have an open class pump.

#6 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

The T2 will be more efficient than a pump mag, but a pump mag is way cooler, way more fun to build, and can be totally unique. You can really make a mag into anything you want, while a T2 will look like almost every other T2 out there.

I loved my pump mag when I had it. It had a stainless steel body customized with a 10 round stick feed, and a bucket changer, a nice stock, it was gorgeous. Looked phenomenally better than any T2 I've ever seen. And in all of 30 seconds I could put on a different body, an ASA and have an open class pump.

why did you sell it?

#7 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,931 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

why did you sell it?

Needed money for other hobbies.

#8 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

ah

#9 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Pump mags feel different. Its the smoothest easiest pump stroke I'v ever felt. Its like nothing then a little force for the very last part. 

I'v only farted around with a T2 but it felt pretty nice.  

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#10 Dev.

Dev.

Totally a sophomore member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

pump mags are best, because it's a mag

PonyBounceSig.gif

#11 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Automags are one of the most perfect of mech semi's.

Putting a pump on one is pretty much crippling it ~ like cutting a leg off a racehorse.

That being said, I own two of them.  :tup:

I should say I own two of the pump kits, One stays on a Classic 'Mag, the other gets swapped on & off a Sydarm (it won't fit the holster with the pump on it)

I find Pump 'Mags to be finicky, everything has to be set up "just so" or it'll have issues.

Once it's set up right it has the lightest of pump strokes out of anything on the market.

I don't own a T2, but I have used a couple and was very impressed by the performance.

Between the two (in my limited experience) I would say the 'Mag is smoother & faster to pump and as others have pointed out, a nice piece of eye candy.

But the T2 is more reliable and can run on lower pressure, plus it's easier to get parts if you need to repair or rebuild.

Original AutoMag pump kits are scarce, if anything goes wrong with it you may spend considerable time trying to track down replacement parts.

CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

#12 chadude100

chadude100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

AHHHHHHH I LOVE MY MAG FOR THE 35 BPS NOT PUMP!

Thats what my T2 is for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users