• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rsred712

rsred712

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

I want to get a paintball pistol that is the most efficient on co2 and has a clip with it.

#2 TIGREX ZX

TIGREX ZX

The Asian guy that picks your rice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

Tippmann TPX

Why hello there :)

Livin' that luxe life

#3 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

I have three A Sherdan PGPII, Tiberius T8.1, and the Tippmann TiPX. I Find The PGP being a pump gets a few extra shots depending on paint size over the other two. Both the TIPX and T8.1 get 2-3 mags worth on one 12g Co2 depending on tempature and such.

Of the three I like the PGP best for pure laughs and nostalgia. But for mag fed play the T8.1 is my personal favourite mainly for its easier cleaning (you get paint breaks with ANY mag fed FACT) and better Co2 platform.

If you don't mind remotes the Tippmann is hard to beat and its the one my sister prefers as the mags are simpler lighter smaller and cheaper.

Edited by TinyBear, 14 August 2013 - 10:16 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#4 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

the tipx and t8.1 are probably your best bet, i don't know much about them but they are both use magazines. the t8.1 takes the co2 in each mag while the tipx has the co2 in the gun horizontally under the barrel. personally i would go tipx because i like its ergos better as well as cheaper mags. but i would use a remote line

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#5 Jweb

Jweb

Cardinal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I own two TPX's which I use for dual-wielding and I can usually get at least 3 magazines (21 balls) for each Co2 cartridge. I heavily considered the T8 but the thing that I didn't like was how the Co2 and the paintballs are linked since both are housed in the magazine. You'd kind of have to keep track of how many shots were in each individual magazine otherwise you could fill the entire mag up with paintballs and then find out on the field that it's totally empty of Co2. Since the two systems are separate on the TPX it makes it much easier to work with in my opinion. Also, every T8 mag needs a Co2 cartridge so if you have 6 magazines then you are automatically going to use 6 cartridges before you even walk onto the field. That can get a bit pricy.

I kind of like neck shots, they give other people the impression that I have a social life.

Meeting Mike and Willie = best paintball day ever.

#6 recreballer

recreballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

I have a TIPX with a remote line adaptor that use when I play. I love that the mags are cheaper for the tippmann. It is a great pistol though I have two gripes that I have with the tippmann. The first gripe that i have is that the mag release button is hard to press when you wear gloves, just like how i do. The second gripe that Ihave with the TIPX is that when your running the tippmann with a remote you always have to have an empty 12 gram co2 cartridge in the co2 housing, otherwise the Tippmann TIPX is an excellent shooter. Hope this helped. Have fun, be safe and just play paintball....

#7 recreballer

recreballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

To clarify what I meant about the first gripe was that the mag release button was hard too push because it is kind of too small....

#8 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

If you're thinking of picking up a paintball pistol, then you are really choosing between the TiPX and T8.1. They are both great and the difference is entirely personal preference. My advice is to do a bit of research, go to a shop and hold them both, even try to play a round or three with each. I can tell you that I greatly enjoy running my TiPX without a remote and I get 3+ mags out of a 12g. I've considered an upgraded bolt and a barrel with a narrower bore, but I haven't gotten significant feedback on how many mags I could get up to that way.

My other bit of advice for you is to buy milsig fazmags. Those are the best mag pouches available.

#9 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

please don't say 'clip.' just don't.

#10 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

please don't say 'clip.' just don't.

OP appears to be a young beginner in paintball and magazines being called clips is a very common mistake the media makes, he probably doesn't know the difference so you probably should have taken the chance to actually contribute to this post and educate him.

http://www.minuteman...in-firearm.html

magazine-vs-clip.jpg

Edited by fumbimo, 10 December 2013 - 05:18 PM.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#11 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

OP appears to be a young beginner in paintball and magazines being called clips is a very common mistake the media makes, he probably doesn't know the difference so you probably should have taken the chance to actually contribute to this post and educate him.

http://www.minuteman...in-firearm.html

http://outfitterlife...ine-vs-clip.jpg

what, be helpful in a post on techpb? you ARE a unicorn.

Edited by riddler, 10 December 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#12 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

what, be helpful in a post on techpb? you ARE a unicorn.

Damn straight.

58pk.jpg

#13 Zebra

Zebra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

If your looking for a high end pistol it's really between the T8.1 and the TiPX. If your looking for a secondary or dual wielding I would recommend the TiPX, if your looking a single dedicated pistol get a T8.1. These are my opinions. A TiPX makes a good secondary or dual wielding gun because of it's light weight. A T8.1 makes a good primary because of it's better efficiency and accuracy.
Load out:
T8.1, 3 mags, 2 Fazmags, Vforce Profiler (Zebra), players pack holster, players pack mag holder (dump pouch) and Ronin 12 gram Co2/ten round tube wrist holder.
Nickname:
Zebra (Pronounced Ze-bra)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users