7 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

First off, sorry if this has been posted before I couldn't find any threads. Anyway I've been really considering getting a pump, mostly cause I'm spending too much on paint and I just want to do something different. My question is what pump do you think would be good for me to start off with? I would like an open class and my price range is 200-300. I want it to have a smooth pump stroke and have nice grips. Efficiency and sound signature arnt a concern. Also, would I be able to use 50 round pods in my full sized pack? I plan on using an APP 50 round hopper so I obviously can't use full size pods. Thanks in advance.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#2 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

I can't help with the pod part, but paintball gateway has 03 superstock right now for $190.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#3 MKVIGTI

MKVIGTI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

I say start off with a 100 hopper that way you don't have to buy a new pod pack

#4 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

A primo would also do the trick, that's what I run.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#5 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Its not like your pack is going to explode if you touch it with a 50 round pod.I've done it before,and it works,but you would be better off buying an actual 50 round pod pack if you really like pump.Or using a sportshot,as I do,and use normal pods with it.

As for what pump,I say pick up a used prostock or superstock off of Mcarterbrown,ebay,or here if you get lucky.Really,just get any autococker that is post-2k,and slap a cheap pump kit on it.If you end up loving pump then trick the shit out of it.If not,you can easily sell it and get your money back.

#6 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Its not like your pack is going to explode if you touch it with a 50 round pod.I've done it before,and it works,but you would be better off buying an actual 50 round pod pack if you really like pump.Or using a sportshot,as I do,and use normal pods with it.

As for what pump,I say pick up a used prostock or superstock off of Mcarterbrown,ebay,or here if you get lucky.Really,just get any autococker that is post-2k,and slap a cheap pump kit on it.If you end up loving pump then trick the shit out of it.If not,you can easily sell it and get your money back.

What would make a post 2k be better than a pre 2k? Also thanks for the advice guys.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#7 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

What would make a post 2k be better than a pre 2k? Also thanks for the advice guys.

The pre 2k cockers have smaller diameter front screws and usually had a slip fit velocity adjester rather than the threaded AVG "disc" that see now.

There is also a difference in bolt/back block length and some dimensions are different in the trigger groups.

Go post and you wont have to worry about anything.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#8 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Is a slip fit velocity adjuster one where you can adjust the velocity without tools?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users