• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 derderpb123

derderpb123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

I currently own the planet eclipse geo 3 and have had 4 prior to the one I own now. I always wanted to try a bob long marker but my local field doesn't carry their products. I love the reliability of all the planet eclipse markers, but I would really love to try something new I literally have only owned PE markers for the past 4 years. does anyone have some really good luck with the VCOM or should I just hold on to my geo 3.

thanks

JACK

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

Everything Bob puts out is pure gold. Although the big difference you will notice is that they are much more finicky than anything PE makes. PE is the sloppy hooker that always gets the job done, never goes down and looks ok. BL is more of the high class high maintenance gold digger type that takes a lot of work to make them run at maximum performance. The VCOM is amazing and I personally am going with a Vic with the Vcom Engine over the Geo3 because I enjoy the tuning ability that they offer. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Everything Bob puts out is pure gold. Although the big difference you will notice is that they are much more finicky than anything PE makes. PE is the sloppy hooker that always gets the job done, never goes down and looks ok. BL is more of the high class high maintenance gold digger type that takes a lot of work to make them run at maximum performance. The VCOM is amazing and I personally am going with a Vic with the Vcom Engine over the Geo3 because I enjoy the tuning ability that they offer. 

agreed

109.gif

#4 derderpb123

derderpb123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

oh wow I never even thought of my geo as such a slut but I guess you're right she is always working and likes to get pretty dirty. one problem that might change this whole thing is that I am pretty rough on a marker. I play snake side every point and I play on a mostly dirt field, I am willing to maintain the marker, but if there is the chance of the bob long not working every once in a while I am not going to be a happy camper, I play every weekend and try to play as many tournaments as I possibly can so I cant have a marker that is too finicky. 

#5 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

Bob is not like an ego set and forget use it till the noid explodes from neglect. Regular maintenance will be your friend. Build quality on his markers is incredible. It will never stop working or fall apart on you. They are just more prone to adverse effects from neglect. If you regularly maintain it you will never have an issue. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#6 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Bob is not like an ego set and forget use it till the noid explodes from neglect. Regular maintenance will be your friend. Build quality on his markers is incredible. It will never stop working or fall apart on you. They are just more prone to adverse effects from neglect. If you regularly maintain it you will never have an issue. 

Don't forget when the grip frame bends, breaks your board etc.

109.gif

#7 derderpb123

derderpb123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

I enjoy maintaining my marker so this might be a good pick up.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

I would recommend other spoolies over the V-COM but its a nice marker.  To me the advantage would be buying a V1 Victory for around $450-500 and throwing the $180 spool engine in it.

The Geo 3 is a big improvement over the previous Geos IMO but as far as smoothness goes it can't really hang with the big dogs if that's your primary concern.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 August 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#9 derderpb123

derderpb123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

gonna have to sleep on it thanks guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users