9 replies to this topic

#1 asianman

asianman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Okay, short story is I have two paintball markers. One is a Pump "CCM S6" with JT revolution hopper and other is a Electric "Geo 2.1" with Empire Scion.

I haven't used any of the markers on the Field yet. So my question is... which one should I keep?

I like streaming paintballs (in the past I used a Ego 07 and SL94) and sometimes lighting up people, but on the other hand I want to use pump because I want to save money on paint. Of course my pump has an auto trigger pump "I can hold the trigger and pump as fast as I can to somewhat stream"

My thought of cons and pros about each of my marker "Geo 2.1" and "CCM S6" I got the pump first and got the electric 3-4 days after.

Pump "CCM S6"                   Electric "Geo 2.1"

No Batteries                             Battery (9 Volt)             - my thought. I would save money on batteries, even though markers today

don't grain a lot on the batteries.

One pump shot or                    trigger pull shot or

pump stroking                         trigger walk and light up         - my thought. I would save money on paint (if using pump)                                                                          "make it rain paint"                   less pods to carry and no need for a paintball caddy.

When I watch youtube vids: people shooting electric, and stream or

single pull (sometime I like lighting people up, but I don't want to

scare them out of the game.

two hands (usage)                      one hand/two hand                - with a pump, I can't load and shoot. with electric I can hold one

hand and shoot and load at the same time.

So my overall question: I like saving money, because I don't play paintball each week. I play once every month or so. I don't have friends that are committed to play every two weeks or so. (because of the expense)

I know paintball players give a lot of grace to pumps players, because people like to ramp or stream paint. I like the feel and look of my Geo 2.1 (even though I had it for 2-4 days) but overall, should I sell my electric and keep my pump. Saving money and not worry about electric board sort out and spending more money on batteries all the time.

Can you guys give me option and ideas?

Edited by asianman, 19 August 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Really long of a write up for what you are asking but good job trying to find out what is best for you.

I would recommend going out to the field and playing with both 1 strictly per outing and telling us which one you like. You can save paint in an electro and that is called TRIGGER CONTROL. Contrary to popular belief you CAN shoot as slow as you want in an electro. This also applies to you "lighting people up" thinking. If you don't be a douche and know when to stop shooting which is fairly easy to learn you will not overshoot people.

Thinking batteries crap our on you in an electric marker is really rare if you learn to turn off your marker. I had my Axe for 8 months without changing the battery and I left the marker on a lot. I do not give grace to pump players and treat them as I do other players on the field, they just have lighter set-ups and are equally as dangerous as anyone out on the field.

You don't NEED a caddy and you don't need 24358394534 pods to play speedball. Just grab a harness and buy enough pods to fill it up +1 extra.

What I would do in your situation is sell the CCM and stick with the Geo and getting even more in-depth I would sell both and buy a cocker.

Edited by kingJurzy, 19 August 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#3 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

The fact that people think that the equipment is always the problem get on my nerves.

The gun dosent shoot itself fast... you do.

There is a very simple way to fix this, dont pull the trigger so fast.

I got buy with 1 bag of paintballs for 3 hours and actually got quite a few outs with my victory.

Try just going one finger pulls on semi. I use to blaze it up too. You have to train yourself how to play conservatively.

And please remember... ITS NOT YOUR GUN... ITS YOU!!!!!!!!!

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

#4 asianman

asianman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

The fact that people think that the equipment is always the problem get on my nerves.

I got buy with 1 bag of paintballs for 3 hours and actually got quite a few outs with my victory.

Try just going one finger pulls on semi. I use to blaze it up too. You have to train yourself how to play conservatively.

I played paintball for many years. I know after watching techpb vids, yes the player is 85% of winning games.

10-15% on equipment.

Really long of a write up for what you are asking but good job trying to find out what is best for you.

I would recommend going out to the field and playing with both 1 strictly per outing and telling us which one you like. You can save paint in an electro and that is called TRIGGER CONTROL. Contrary to popular belief you CAN shoot as slow as you want in an electro. This also applies to you "lighting people up" thinking. If you don't be a douche and know when to stop shooting which is fairly easy to learn you will not overshoot people.

Thinking batteries crap our on you in an electric marker is really rare if you learn to turn off your marker. I had my Axe for 8 months without changing the battery and I left the marker on a lot. I do not give grace to pump players and treat them as I do other players on the field, they just have lighter set-ups and are equally as dangerous as anyone out on the field.

You don't NEED a caddy and you don't need 24358394534 pods to play speedball. Just grab a harness and buy enough pods to fill it up +1 extra.

What I would do in your situation is sell the CCM and stick with the Geo and getting even more in-depth I would sell both and buy a cocker.

I do have one question? why sell the pump? is it because of the equipment to maintain? and that it uses the pump stroke and difficult usage of the marker?

I'm guessing the electric are easier on maintaining and parts finding (if broken and so on?)

#5 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

^ I'm pretty sure he said sell the pump and keep the geo because the only reason you said you wanted to play pump was to save paint. That means you won't be as happy with pump as with electro.

Also be aware that you could use 10x more paint on a pump than an electro... Trigger control is key. Don't shoot 15bps and don't just shoot because you feel like shooting. Only shoot when there's an actual reason to shoot

I see so many people on the field shooting as fast as their little fingers could carry them at a bunker that nobody's behind. Then they go to the proshop 1 game later and buy another case of paint. Please do not be one of these people
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#6 asianman

asianman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

^ I'm pretty sure he said sell the pump and keep the geo because the only reason you said you wanted to play pump was to save paint. That means you won't be as happy with pump as with electro.

Also be aware that you could use 10x more paint on a pump than an electro... Trigger control is key. Don't shoot 15bps and don't just shoot because you feel like shooting. Only shoot when there's an actual reason to shoot

I see so many people on the field shooting as fast as their little fingers could carry them at a bunker that nobody's behind. Then they go to the proshop 1 game later and buy another case of paint. Please do not be one of these people

Well after years of playing paintball. I only shoot players, I don't trigger happy - of not shooting anything. I look first then, pull the trigger if a body sticks out.

I'm just wondering why - get rid of the pump? is it because of maintaince work, hard finding parts, or lot of machinical usage then the electric "which is just a board chip"

#7 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

^ no, he said get rid of the pump because it seems as you would rather play electro and you only want to go to pump to save paint
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#8 asianman

asianman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

^ no, he said get rid of the pump because it seems as you would rather play electro and you only want to go to pump to save paint

I see. Then you sugguested, I can play electric markers - make every shot count.

Shoot what you see (your target) don't stream paint - if there's nothing there to hit.

#9 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

^u got it

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Get rid of the pump because you are using it solely to try and save paint. There is no other reason why you NEED a pump if you are just trying to save paint. A pump will be easier to maintain but a bitch to set up if it is not perfect. I say stay electric because then you have an opportunity to go back to streaming paint when you need to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users