35 replies to this topic

#1 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Hi everyone, so lately everyone has been telling me I'm a post whore, I don't know what I'm talking about, taking tiny little mistakes and making them into big deals, etc. etc.

So my question to you is what should I do to become more helpful as a member. Please do not go off on any rants or anything of the sort because I will report you. Thanks
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#2 Dev.

Dev.

Totally a sophomore member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

1. Read over what you're trying to respond to to make sure you understand what is being talked about before you write anything.

2. Try to read over what you're writing before you click that post button.

3. Try not to give advice about something you aren't completely familiar with, it just causes more confusion.

Edited by Dev., 19 August 2013 - 08:21 PM.

PonyBounceSig.gif

#3 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

just a reminder... if you start reporting people on here that are not breaking any rules, we will consider it spamming the reports center...

i am watching this thread, so it shouldnt be an issue

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#4 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

1. Read over what you're trying to respond to to make sure you understand what is being talked about before you write anything.
2. Try to read over what you're writing before you click that post button.
3. Try not to give advice about something you aren't completely familiar with, it just causes more confusion.

Alright. I will definately keep that in mind. Thanks

just a reminder... if you start reporting people on here that are not breaking any rules, we will consider it spamming the reports center...

i am watching this thread, so it shouldnt be an issue

Oh no, I wouldn't do that. I just meant that if someone would completely cross the line and start cursing me out for no reason or something of the sort, and you didn't see it, I would report it
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#5 RomanG

RomanG

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Dev pretty much summed it up, ive been here for quite a while, ive seen you talk down to someone for necroing a thread, but have necroed yourself. You seem to give information about things you yourself seem to know very little about. You misread threads, and respond about something completely different. You should really take your time reading.

Dont be to eager to click that post button.

#6 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Don't just repost what someone else posted, sometimes it's appropriate if the OP replies and it's obvious he missed something, but don't just repost to repost.

#7 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Dev pretty much summed it up, ive been here for quite a while, ive seen you talk down to someone for necroing a thread, but have necroed yourself. You seem to give information about things you yourself seem to know very little about. You misread threads, and respond about something completely different. You should really take your time reading.

Dont be to eager to click that post button.

Ya I know, that was my fault I I haven't done that since. I apologize to that person. It was very stupid of me to say something along the lines of that, I think I was just cranky that day

Don't just repost what someone else posted, sometimes it's appropriate if the OP replies and it's obvious he missed something, but don't just repost to repost.

Alright, will do

Edited by Pvlacrosse14, 19 August 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#8 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

i am going to lay it out for you nice and simple... or, as we say in the military, Barney Style...

if you dont have any direct first hand experience, dont post about it, unless you have a question...

first hand experience would include... you owned you, you teched many of them... or you've played for longer then a day with said item

when you post something like "i've heard BL guns tend to prefer stock settings" goes to show you that you really have no real experience or knowledge on the subject, and are just posting for the sake of posting, and it pisses people off... 

so, my tip to you... before you hit enter think... think real hard about what you just wrote... re-read it, re-read it again... re-read the OP... and be damn sure that what you are posting is relevant tothe topic at hand... because if i see you derail any more threads with your BS i'll start tacking on the warn points and the vacation days...

so, in short, you are now on my radar...

Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#9 Bojangle

Bojangle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

You post a lot. Yet you have no topics yourself. Seems you are just posting to get a post count. It's quality not quantity brah.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Just if you didn't see it

^ no, I defend myself when people say I'm wrong because I said " " yet usually I never said what I get shit about.

I will risk my reputation and say this.

You are becoming a post whore and IT IS ANNOYING. There are various topics I can pull up within 30 seconds that show you pressing the "post" key with useless text in the box from various threads. You do not always answer the questions being asked and you try and argue with people who do know what they are talking about. 

Let me ask you, have you TRIED the metal detents? Have you had any detent problems in your G6R? Why are you trying to have someone spend money on something they do not need.

Try resetting the board to factory settings. Bob long guns from what I've been told like stock settings

The whole "resetting the board to factory settings" thing does not really work if his pressures are messed up.

You tell me what is wrong with that.

#11 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Quality over Quantity 

I myself have been known to go off on mini rants within threads but I also ALWAYS have a response that is clear, concise, well informed and on topic. Well except for that one time early in the wee hours in the morning when this place turned into Jerry Springer.... I have A LOT of first hand knowledge when it comes to markers  and gear in general and for the most part I know what im talking about. If im ever unsure about something, I give my limited input to try and be of assistance then be on my way. 

I also tend to not get so confrontational. This is something I do for shits and giggles to fill up massive amounts of spare time I have because work is sucking my social life dry. Also girls tend to get mad at you when they find out that you are talking to 4 of them at once.... 

In short, only talk about what you know, dont make it a point to be "FIRST" and if you can read your post easily in one breath its too short with not enough information or support.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#12 Bojangle

Bojangle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Quality over Quantity 

I myself have been known to go off on mini rants within threads but I also ALWAYS have a response that is clear, concise, well informed and on topic. Well except for that one time early in the wee hours in the morning when this place turned into Jerry Springer.... I have A LOT of first hand knowledge when it comes to markers  and gear in general and for the most part I know what im talking about. If im ever unsure about something, I give my limited input to try and be of assistance then be on my way. 

I also tend to not get so confrontational. This is something I do for shits and giggles to fill up massive amounts of spare time I have because work is sucking my social life dry. Also girls tend to get mad at you when they find out that you are talking to 4 of them at once.... 

In short, only talk about what you know, dont make it a point to be "FIRST" and if you can read your post easily in one breath its too short with not enough information or support.

Stole my lines brah. But I'm glad, it reinforces the point. It's not how much you post but how good the post is. You do reviews, answer questions in full detail and be in general pretty relaxed people will like you.

#13 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

INB4L

I think you should take alittle break. It's a website bro, don't take shit too seriously, and a reminder that atleast look at whether a member is a Moderator or not before arguing with them. I did that and still do sometimes but I've learned after getting banned however many times I've been banned that it's not a right to be on this website, it's a privilege.  

109.gif

#14 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Quality over Quantity 

KNOWLEDGE 

PLAYER

SUPPORTIVE 

KNOWLEDGE + PLAYER + SUPPORTIVE = Listen to him bra

109.gif

#15 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Quality over Quantity 

KNOWLEDGE 

PLAYER

SUPPORTIVE 

tumblr_mgsonkXyLo1qh3xpmo1_500.gif

*The only time nonsense posts are aloud is when someone speaks such truth that no words can describe the feelings being conveyed. If pictures speak 1,000 words this Giff might as well be a novel.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#16 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

I recommend post-whore rehab. It worked for me.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#17 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

read and make sure what you wrote makes sense and is helping OP or anyone else who might be reading the thread.

Lulzjustacat.png

#18 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

You know what guys, I've decided to just quit this forum. It was nobody in specific tht made me not want to e here anymore but I just don't feel welcome here.

I feel as if everyone on this forum would be overjoyed to have me leave so I will. I feel as if the members just didn't want to have me here and some of the mods were using their powers against me.

I don't want to be on a site that would rather be without me, so there you go. Your wishes are granted. I'm gone, and I won't be coming back.

If anybody wanted me to stay on this forum (which I doubt as it seems that everyone hates me) then sorry. For the rest of you, there you go.

Bye everyone, hope your wishes and prayers of having me leave get fuffilled

#19 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Thats not what we said at all.

#20 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

I don't think anyone has stated that, or even implied it in this thread.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#21 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

Wow, that was a very mature and well written out post. If you did that more often, you would be welcome here. Maybe just take a small break and come back after a while, I think you have already learned quite a bit. And there's plenty of members that dislike each other, that doesn't mean they just leave. I know of a few people that dislike me but I think this forum is honestly pretty top notch compared to most of them, so I just stick it out.  

Edited by PandasEverywhere, 19 August 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#22 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

I think he just rage quit? Am I missing something here?

#23 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

we wont be happy to see you go, that wasnt the purpose of this at all... what we dont tolerate here at techpb though are people that post useless dirval in posts where users are asking for help with something... it tends to clutter things up and derail threads, which is counter productive to the whole point of techpb... so, if you really do want to leave, then so be it, but it wont be becuase we chased you away... we jsut wanted to help you become a usfull member of techpb

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#24 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

Nobody said we wanted you to leave at all, that's not out intention. Everybody makes mistakes, the best you can do is learn from them. Take this as a learning opportunity, not us showing you the door.

#25 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

Everyone can be an asshole. The more you get around, the more assholes there are. It's like proportions and shit. 

Not saying everyone here is an asshole. Only some of them.

but for real tho as long as your agg your good bro. step you're A game up. 

#26 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

Quality over Quantity 

KNOWLEDGE 

PLAYER

SUPPORTIVE 

Gr01RLl.png

Posted Image

#27 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

anchorman+teq.jpg

That is not what this thread was intended to do. Although if you can't handle constructive criticism and having others tell you what you are doing wrong and GIVING you a second chance I don't know how you are going to survive the world.

#28 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

WiODG.jpg

109.gif

#29 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

WiODG.jpg

You need to make one of these threads next.

#30 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

yes, yes he does

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#31 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

sorry just psyched to go play on Sunday. I can finally afford to play again!

109.gif

#32 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Wow lacrosse, you have more posts than me and I joined before you..... I've also had a pretty packed summer though so I haven't been on much. I actually just got back from another high adventure Boy Scout camp today. It was awesome and it was in Florida.

Edited by Justin B., 22 August 2013 - 07:35 PM.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#33 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hey everyone, I decided to take a small break unsteady of just quiting the forum for good. I jut want to ask of one thing from you guys... Can we all pretend as if I'm a brand new member and forget about my past? I have changed and I hope you will see that. I will still make mistakes, I can't stop that. I just dont want to be "under watch" if you know what I mean. If you guys have a problem with something I'm doing/saying, feel free to pm me and tell me. Thanks guys.

#34 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-k.jpg

109.gif

#35 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Simple, dont post whore. Dont be confrontational and we wont have a problem with you.

#36 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

just kidding, welcome back!

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users