77 replies to this topic

#51 swiftblade13

swiftblade13

he that is

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

While I do agree that the ball breaking in the back pack is going to suck, I think it would be a bigger problem in Airball where diving sliding etc is always being done not to mention the paint is usually more brittle. So this seems as it's going to be much more popular in the Wood's or for a recballer then for the airball fields.

I do belive that, that is the target demographic.

#52 Blowback

Blowback

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

I actually want one but guess it will be just for fun and am afraid it wont be used all that much.. And yes Have anyone had a breakage in a near full\half full pod when the paintballs bounced around while running ?

Then imagine 500-700 bouncing around and the cleanup after say 10 of them broke.. 

#53 SuperG91

SuperG91

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

I actually want one but guess it will be just for fun and am afraid it wont be used all that much.. And yes Have anyone had a breakage in a near full\half full pod when the paintballs bounced around while running ?

Then imagine 500-700 bouncing around and the cleanup after say 10 of them broke.. 

They absolutely need to answer this question. 

For large scenario games, this seems really practical, but running on a 3 hour game and breaking 10 rounds within the first 10 minutes?

No thank you.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#54 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Maybe it is internally baffled to stop the balls from moving too much. They didn't show too much of it. Looks interesting and would be great for suppression.

I just wonder what gun could use all that paint and not run out of air.

Edited by r45vt, 02 September 2013 - 03:22 PM.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#55 SuperG91

SuperG91

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Maybe it is internally baffled to stop the balls from moving too much. They didn't show too much of it. Looks interesting and would be great for suppression.

I just wonder what gun could use all that paint and not run out of air.

It's only 1200 rounds. use something like an 90/45 with an efficient marker, you could totally do it.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#56 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Anybody else seeing this as loader for a turret in a vehicle?

That was the only conceivable reason I would use this.

Also Dinner/Final battle at LL8.

Seriously doubting that this will be available for use at  LL7 unless you're "special".

Also I found the Valken Video.
www.youtube.com/embed/xheibPtqNug

But I prefer the guy that made a backpack loader.

www.youtube.com/embed/EyNUEYhsv7Q

Edited by sonicx059, 02 September 2013 - 07:55 PM.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#57 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,146 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

You all act like you'd need a fucking scuba tank to do 1200 rounds. It's 8 and a half pods. Even the guns we don't consider efficient could probably do 8 and a half pods off a 68/45 on a good day.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#58 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

I think other than paint breaking the biggest downside would be that switching hands would be awkward or if your not right handed. Plus that tube doesnt seem that long the guy looked a bit awkward

pew pew pew

#59 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,931 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

the biggest downside would be that switching hands would be awkward

You wouldn't switch hands, so it won't be as awkward as you'd think. You treat it the same as if it had a Warp on it, you simply tilt it to the side. The only difference is that the feeder doesn't also get tilted to the side, so you can get more shots off before having to tip it back vertical to let it reload.

#60 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

the biggest downside would be that switching hands would be awkward

You wouldn't switch hands, so it won't be as awkward as you'd think. You treat it the same as if it had a Warp on it, you simply tilt it to the side. The only difference is that the feeder doesn't also get tilted to the side, so you can get more shots off before having to tip it back vertical to let it reload.

I understand what your saying and agree I'm just saying that alot of player are use to that style of play were they switch hands. I find paintball players to be very picky so that would limit the amount of people that would actually give it a go

pew pew pew

#61 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

I feel like no one has bothered to go to the site and read the FAQ so I'll just post their FAQ here: How do I back this project / How do I get a loader?

Details of the packages on offer can be found in the right hand column of this page. Just click on your preferred package!

Can I still contribute to this project and receive a loader package after you've reached your funding goal?
Of course! Feel free to fund this project beyond the $250,000 barrier

When do I select my color and adaptor choices and tell you my shipping address?
If we surpass our goal, we will send you a short form to get all this info from you as soon as the campaign finishes.

What if I'm an international buyer?
No sweat. We have years of experience shipping products internationally. We offer free worldwide shipping and we will make sure your Strikeloader package lands right where you want it.

How often do jams occur?
If the paintball is shaped unlike an egg - never. Slightly deformed paint also works. In the same vein as the famed Ak-47, Strikeloader can be relied upon under extreme conditions. It has also been vigorously tested to ensure it won’t compromise the player’s ammunition.

Is the loader compatible with the MOLLE system vest?
Yes, an adaptor (add-on), will be made available.

Can I slide or dive with it? Is it robust enough?
Yes, it is 'battle' proof. The hose is a spiral steel hose that doesn't change its diameter.

Is the hose and the device easy to clean?
Yes, both can be cleaned in under 30 seconds (20 if you are really fast).

Can I switch hands during game?
Yes, the hose is long enough.

Will the balls get damaged as they ‘bounce around’ inside the loader?
Field testing has been rigorous in this regard. However, a foam inlay will become available to those who want added peace of mind and to reduce sound caused by a small, remaining number of balls in the loader.

What do I do if I filled in an already broken ball that causes a mess inside the feeding chamber?
Paintballs that were broken ‘pre-load’ (or are of low quality) will not contaminate a player’s remaining reserve. The device consists of 2 units. a) The main body which stores the paintballs, & B) the feeding unit which can be separated from the main unit within seconds. The rotor is removable within 1 second, allowing any ‘mess’ to be cleaned up (by either cleaning the hose, the hose connection or exchanging the compromised hose with a spare hose) in under 30 seconds.

How much does the whole unit weigh?
Strike Loader has been designed to be lightweight. Without ammunition, and including the hose and belt system it weighs exactly 2.9 kg (6.39lb)

Is it bulky?
No, it has been designed to provide a slim profile.

Lulzjustacat.png

#62 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

Well I didnt expect them to say that paint breaks once it starts moving around I don't know how much help the foam will be since it will be the wieght of the balls that will be doing th breaking. How come no one asked how long the hose is and if they come in different lengths

pew pew pew

#63 herokight

herokight

STUNTMAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

I find pretty much everything said agreeable. Seems great in theory, but there's a huge difference between theory and practice. Also, Murphy's Law.

#64 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

They say it's lightweight, but it weighs over six pounds without paint?

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#65 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

But you are forgetting this is a hopper And pod pack built into one. 6 lbs is incredibly reasonable given its size... 6 lbs is not a lot by any means. A gallon of water is 8... Plus it's distributed over you shoulders meaning you will hardly feel a thing...

Edited by XGC_Cheevo, 15 September 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#66 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

How people gonna feel with that thing on.....

"Im gonna have me some fun......im gonna have me some fun....."

bill-duke-as-mac.jpg

Posted Image

#67 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

When is the first strike edition coming out.. eheheh i crack myself up.... sorry

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#68 7plymaple

7plymaple

get crazy with the cheese wiz!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

They should incorporate a tank holder and have the remote air line coil around the ball feed line so there is just one line going to the marker.

If your over 18 and pay for your own gear... toss me a pod!

#69 thegummybeararmy

thegummybeararmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Apparently this was posted to This Is Why I'm Broke 

I have no idea how to use a sig....

#70 FourT2

FourT2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

I hope this project comes through. I funded it on rockethub. Sure, it will have issues right out of the gate but what product does not? I am willing to put up with the problems since I like testing out the new stuff. I hope more people fund it so that this project does go forward.

#71 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

maybe they can make a fanny pack version of this for airball? Just throwing that out there...

so.. what happens when you have to dive?
Have it placed on the lower back area. Still (possibly) small enough for air ball, despite it being placed on your back.
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#72 proraceer07

proraceer07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

i like how they've only raised 20,000 dollars. 

#73 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

i like how they've only raised 20,000 dollars. 

If you don't have anything positive to contribute, don't.  ANY innovation in the sport should be welcomed.

#74 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

This is going to be more limiting than even a remote line; and probably more fragile too. Plus, if the hose should be leaned against or pinched in any way, here we go with broken paint all over the gun.

The balls are going to break when you are running around in the backpack part. Ever try running without having your pods filled fully? It is a mistake that you make and never repeat.

#75 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

While I do agree that the ball breaking in the back pack is going to suck, I think it would be a bigger problem in Airball where diving sliding etc is always being done not to mention the paint is usually more brittle. So this seems as it's going to be much more popular in the Wood's or for a recballer then for the airball fields.

I do belive that, that is the target demographic.

in the first video, airball looked like the target demographic 

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#76 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,146 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

The target demographic is people who want a backpack loader. They used airball footage because it is plentiful, and clearly depicts the playing style with hoppers. You guys are all thinking too hard about that video. They show examples of people using a hopper, then show the backpack.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#77 spoolienerd

spoolienerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Pod pack straps would be nice. Less movement when you run. Especially with that much paint.

#78 US_Army_Guy

US_Army_Guy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

This is going to be more limiting than even a remote line; and probably more fragile too. Plus, if the hose should be leaned against or pinched in any way, here we go with broken paint all over the gun.

The balls are going to break when you are running around in the backpack part. Ever try running without having your pods filled fully? It is a mistake that you make and never repeat.

exactly why I see this failing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users