• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SnakePlayer10

SnakePlayer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

I have been having issues with my mini, so I have been looking for replacement marker. I was going to get the Proto Rail PMR, but people have been talking very positively about the extcy. Which should I go with?

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Both are pretty much near the same. The extcy comes with more features that help, such as a blackheart board with more modes, and an on off asa. The rail, however, comes with an ultralite frame, which is supposedly very comfortable. I'd say go with the eXTCy, but you could honestly just flip a coin on it.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

I recommend this post as a resource to compare them (Link: http://www.techpb.co...za#entry3029126).  They are pretty much the same, but I would personally find both to be a downgrade from the Mini.  If you want a similar feel to the Rail and eXTCy, I'd go with the Valken Proton, but really I think some of the older superguns that you can get used or the newer markers that span the $325-500 price point are the best choices.

Edited by unfated33, 20 August 2013 - 09:59 AM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#4 SnakePlayer10

SnakePlayer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

I recommend this post as a resource to compare them (Link: http://www.techpb.co...za#entry3029126).  They are pretty much the same, but I would personally find both to be a downgrade from the Mini.  If you want a similar feel to the Rail and eXTCy, I'd go with the Valken Proton, but really I think some of the older superguns that you can get used or the newer markers that span the $325-500 price point are the best choices.

Thanks for the link, helped alot!

#5 PaintballNewbie99

PaintballNewbie99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Mike ( Phillips ) has a video on this on youtube ( I forgot the name of it but search up gog eXTCy and you should easily find the video ) but what he said is the gog eXTCy is better suited for a woodsballer but a proto rail would be better for speedball. If you want ( it's just an option ) get a dangerous power g4. It's probably the best marker under $300 ( especially for speedball but I don't know I like the eXTCy ) Try this link for other good buys for the price but...you probably already know because every paintballer might. http://www.bestpaint.../paintball-guns

#6 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

The two guns are so similar it really comes down to preference.  I would say the only major difference is the blackheart board in the extcy.  There are so many different firing modes.  Also, Idk about the customer service for the pmr but gog's customer service is amazing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users