Photo
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Consoles (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you choose?

1. Playstation 4 (11 votes [61.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

2. Xbox One (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Both (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Well, this would get posted eventually and I did a search but didn't find anything on this so here it goes:

What will you be preordering? If you would like to post why, go ahead, all I ask is you guys don't start an all out console war. If someone posts something wrong though, or says something that you don't agree with about a console, you may point it out. 

I am personally torn and would like to see what our very own TechPB community is looking at doing.

P.S. PC Gamers, I fully respect your communities opinions and understand that PC gaming is better in your minds. Please, don't post PC master race or any of that stuff. I actually have a gaming PC and understand why it's fun, but this thread isn't about that.

#2 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

I've normally been a xbox player, never once bought a sony product, but after microsofts fuck ups and turn arounds I'm going with PS4 this time!

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

I've normally been a xbox player, never once bought a sony product, but after microsofts fuck ups and turn arounds I'm going with PS4 this time!

Same, I have no incentive to stay with Xbox now that none of my arcade and on-demand games will transfer.  I'll just keep my 360 for those.

#4 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Wow, I didn't realize people were not just fanboying their consoles anymore. This is gonna sound salty, as coined by IhasAcellular, but I honestly thought people were just going to say "Microsoft fer dew win, harharharhar". I like how people are actually analyzing the two options now. I must say, it will be hard for me to understand why I should go with an xbox one over a Ps4, or why anyone will as of now.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

But Xbox has Kinect and live TV!

:dodgy:

#6 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Actually, Ps4 motion controller is only $70 or $80, and I have netflix, not cable. :dodgy:

#7 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

If I end up getting next gen at all, it'll be Xbox for the exclusive titles I've followed for the last 2 gens. Just can't give up things like Forza. 

#8 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

If I end up getting next gen at all, it'll be Xbox for the exclusive titles I've followed for the last 2 gens. Just can't give up things like Forza. 

Understandable, that was the one reason I was leaning towards the Xbone. But, in reality, how fun are those exclusives? I mostly play shooters, and the only exclusive that was worth it in the shooter genre is Halo, but that's all but dead to me now. 

#9 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Even though I just got a new PC I need to get one for when my friends come over . I'm going to get a Playstation , I honestly don't see an advantage over it except for wanting to play Halo and Forza.  Microsoft is so full of shit , they keep saying " look at all these XBox One games you can play" when nearly every game is also on PC and/or PS4 or even PS3 and 360. Their major release day game is Titanfall , which is also on PC . They claimed to have MGS 5 as an exclusive just to announce it was coming to PS4. They spent 2 hours talking about COD : Ghosts in a reveal but the game is being release on every single system , even this gen. 

Posted Image

#10 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

Ill end up after a year buying a Xbox One then a PS4 I dont care what a company does aslong as the console works P.S I think the Xbox looks nicer PS4 is alittle to Star Wars for me
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

Actually, Ps4 motion controller is only $70 or $80, and I have netflix, not cable. :dodgy:

The dodgy face indicates sarcasm. I think both of those features on the Xboner are useless and I have Netflix as well.

#12 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

The dodgy face indicates sarcasm. I think both of those features on the Xboner are useless and I have Netflix as well.

I know you were being sarcastic but it just reminded me to point that out. Anyway, it seems the ps4 is definitely getting more interest than the xboner right now.

#13 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

While I'm open to both consoles, I think the Xbox One will give a better online experience, I'm a bit torn, Really there is only 4 games I want, The new Thief, Forza, BF4 and Ghosts. annd thats pretty much it. 
Titanfall looks Really cool, So does Destiny. 

I Dont care about the controllers because I will immediately be buying a Scuff Controller (For those who dont know, They are Super Good. Fully adjustable button layout and much finer controls. makes playing FPS much better, It is worth it to buy 1 of these at 70$ and use it rather then two shitty quality controllers at 40$ a pop) 
And buying a new headset anyways for like 40$, then I dont have to listen to the noise out my TV. 

Xbox Has always had the Better online experience, Sony's new PS plus is a way to help combat that, However Microsoft is really good at pushing updates, and fixing problems.(Glitches'nshit)

I am up in the air, I will Wait until march, then count how many friends have what console, and then buy that one, Or if one console has impending problems after release, the other.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

While I'm open to both consoles, I think the Xbox One will give a better online experience, I'm a bit torn, Really there is only 4 games I want, The new Thief, Forza, BF4 and Ghosts. annd thats pretty much it. 

I Dont care about the controllers because I will immediately be buying a Scuff Controller (For those who dont know, They are Super Good. Fully adjustable button layout and much finer controls. makes playing FPS much better, It is worth it to buy 1 of these at 70$ and use it rather then two shitty quality controllers at 40$ a pop) 
And buying a new headset anyways for like 40$, then I dont have to listen to the noise out my TV. 

Xbox Has always had the Better online experience, Sony's new PS plus is a way to help combat that, However Microsoft is really good at pushing updates, and fixing problems.(Glitches'nshit)

I am up in the air, I will Wait until march, then count how many friends have what console, and then buy that one, Or if one console has impending problems after release, the other.

I STRONGLY disagree with that.

#15 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

Same. Microsoft is no better are repairing stuff than Sony, it's just that more things have happened to Sony over the current gen so people think its shat.

#16 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

Anyone else sick and fuckin tired of all the fanboy bullshit jesus h christ buy what ever console you want (or whatever mommy will buy you) and shut up and let the adults talk. Ill just stay off Gaming websites for a while
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#17 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Rainbow Six: Patriots as well :o 

#18 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

As of now the Ps4 is still ahead on Amazon, but the Xbox One has actually been picking up a lot. And walmart starts taking preorders on the 24th so it will be interesting to see which one wins the preorder war, we will probably know around October who's truly ahead.

#19 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

I have been planning to avoid that game unless I hear excellent reviews ever since the main desginers left Ubisoft.

#20 canscom

canscom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

I have been planning to avoid that game unless I hear excellent reviews ever since the main desginers left Ubisoft.

I have a bar set high for any game that says Rainbow Six on it

#21 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

Where's the neither?

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

I have a bar set high for any game that says Rainbow Six on it

That's my problem exactly.  Nothing has made me truly happy in that series since Rogue Spear but then again I got into the series before most people.  The previews made Patriots sound really cool so I will hold out hope for it.

After Future Soldier and Blacklist I do have faith Ubisoft can reboot another Tom Clancy series successfully.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 August 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#23 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 I put hundreds of hours into, Advanced Warfighter was fun-ish but didn't hold my focus for long.  For some reason I have a lot of faith in this one.  The only other game which remotely has my attention is BF4, but SW Battlefront could change that.

#24 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

PC master race.

But anyways, PS4 looks to be the better pick, less stupidity than the Xbone. Everyone is crapping all over the Xbone but, lets not forget what a shit show the PS3 launch was, and it didn't turn out anything as bad. No games, six axis, 8 core processor that was unusable until years after release, inflated launch price. Sony didn't end up turning a profit until 2010 I think, but they outsold 360 in the end. 

Really the hardware is identical, there should be 0 difference between multiplatform games, not like 360 vs PS3 where 360 wins 99% of the time. It's going to come down to who has less restrictions, price, games etc.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

360 launch sucked until Halo 3 came along.  That and COD 4 brought a lot of people into the Xbox fold.

#26 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

360 launch sucked until Halo 3 came along.  That and COD 4 brought a lot of people into the Xbox fold.

Looks like someone didn't play GRAW...

#27 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

I was talking about that last night actually. I remember no one really talking about the Xbox 360 until Halo 3.

#28 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

Looks like someone didn't play GRAW...

I love TC games but GRAW didn't really have consoles flying off the shelves the way those two games did.

Ghost Recon 2 is still the very best in the series.  ^_^  Goddamn I loved that game.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 22 August 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#29 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

Ghost Recon 2 was amazing, and I loved GRAW on the original xbox.

#30 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iLW1I8SJfDk

Posted Image

#31 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

That's great. Just skip to 0:55 and lolz for everyone.

#32 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Care to explain? I would like to hear relevant information. 
For a paid service Xbox live seems to be smoother and crisper at almost every point. 
the system updates, the layout changes (However I Did enjoy Xbox before the Wii Avatars invaded, But it was cool to have a dude represent you anyways, decked him out in splinter Cell gear :P
The arcade games, the chat system on the 360 was awesome. 

Now that being said, PS has opened their chat up, created a party chat option (awesome) and will have an arcade, 
With both the MS and Sony services being paid for, I'd assume they will be equally as good, from one console to the next. 

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#33 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

I hve both preordered. One thing tht bothers me is that Microsoft can reinforce these policies over time due to the slippery slope philopsphy.

I love the exclusives and that's the reason why I was going towards Xbox. However, drive club and a zombie game for ps4 is converting me.

The overall thing is, WHATEVER THE MAJORITY GOES WITH AND WHAT MY FRIENDS ARE GETTING.

Now according to stats from vgz charts.com the ps4 is almost beating Xbox 2 to 1 currently in American and ps4 has over 1 million preorders.

The game lost pre orders for ps4 is also significantly higher actually 500% higher

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#34 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I hve both preordered. One thing tht bothers me is that Microsoft can reinforce these policies over time due to the slippery slope philopsphy.

Both companies already have, there are no restrictions on publishers implementing the whole 'sign in every 24 hours' deal, there are a few games that are confirmed to already use that strategy, but Drive Club is the only one I can think of of the top of my head.

#35 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'll just wait 3-4 months after release 'till some spoiled kid here in this city wants the ps3 instead of the xbox one he didn't deserve and sells it for cheaper with games. 

#36 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Both companies already have, there are no restrictions on publishers implementing the whole 'sign in every 24 hours' deal, there are a few games that are confirmed to already use that strategy, but Drive Club is the only one I can think of of the top of my head.

They also had the balls the fucking pull it too. Mother fuckers trying to force my ass to do that. Microsoft wants this so they could release this back into it one restriction at a time slowly. I'm just saying.

Sony has alot more to lose if they reinforced this since they numbers theye been getting

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users